[NL2-NL10] QJs NL10 - Blindwar/Monster Draw

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Preflop his range is probably 22+, A2s+, ATo+, Any face cards? My equity against this range is: 43% but on a decent flop I can stack someone with similar hands to what he showed.

Flop I have 55% equity against AQo against the range as a whole I have 77% equity. Add in the fold equity (20%?) from the check-raise I feel this was a good move. Any further insights?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.95

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , J:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.80) 8:spade: , Q:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.80, Hero raises to $4.50, BB raises to $10.05 (All-In), Hero calls $4.60 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($20.00) 5:club:
      River: ($20.00) 7:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Js)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Ah Qc)

BB wins with a pair of queens (Ah Qc)
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      a lot of times i would fold preflop
      as played nh
      you get a dream flop and you have tons of equity against his range
      gl
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Yes I think calling the re-raise was poor. Would you make the first raise or is that a poor move also?

So postflop play is good? I wasn't sure whether I should just call but then how do I procede if the turn is a blank?

Edit: Just done a few more runs on the equilator. My equity against overpairs is still fine but if he holds a set it is pretty poor. Of course that is a pretty low chance.

Nvm that he won like. Been having a few poor days with the odds. As long as I stick to the strategy it'll be fine.