This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QJs NL10 - Blindwar/Monster Draw

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Preflop his range is probably 22+, A2s+, ATo+, Any face cards? My equity against this range is: 43% but on a decent flop I can stack someone with similar hands to what he showed.

Flop I have 55% equity against AQo against the range as a whole I have 77% equity. Add in the fold equity (20%?) from the check-raise I feel this was a good move. Any further insights?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.95

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , J:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.80) 8:spade: , Q:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.80, Hero raises to $4.50, BB raises to $10.05 (All-In), Hero calls $4.60 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($20.00) 5:club:
      River: ($20.00) 7:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Js)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Ah Qc)

BB wins with a pair of queens (Ah Qc)
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      a lot of times i would fold preflop
      as played nh
      you get a dream flop and you have tons of equity against his range
      gl
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Yes I think calling the re-raise was poor. Would you make the first raise or is that a poor move also?

So postflop play is good? I wasn't sure whether I should just call but then how do I procede if the turn is a blank?

Edit: Just done a few more runs on the equilator. My equity against overpairs is still fine but if he holds a set it is pretty poor. Of course that is a pretty low chance.

Nvm that he won like. Been having a few poor days with the odds. As long as I stick to the strategy it'll be fine.