Ambitious beginner writes own blog (NL+PLO)

• FlopOutMyNut
      FlopOutMyNut
      Bronze
      Skip to bottom for cliff notes.

Started playing poker a few months ago after a home game with friends. My best hand of the night was two pair in this loose/passive game. I couldn't bluff, and couldn't read bluffs. I bombed out first. This set me onto the path of learning to play poker. For about a week, I played free 10 man SnGs on a website that had nothing to do with poker.

I was still crap, and poker kind of went away, then, after our second poker night where I outplayed everybody, my best friend told me that he'd been grinding play money on party poker and that I should learn with him.

Soon after that, I deposited $34 onto pokerstars and blew it playing .10NL and .25 over two days. After that, I'm not sure how I played, but I did. Sometimes I just grinded the 10 cent Sngs, but one day, when I had nothing in my account, I asked for fourty cents from my friends account. I played three 10 cent SnGs and turned it into $20. The next night, I decided to enter a $3.30 PS MTT. It had 1500 people if I remember correctly, lasted seven and a half hours and I won $750. Loldonkaments.

After that, I played .25NL again. I lost at about 12BB/100 hands for about 9000 hands which equals a loss of $320 big ones. In hindsight, I realise that (A) I was crap. (B) It was a downswing. (C) I tilted. (D) I was crap.

Anyway, I stepepd down to .5NL and spent more time elarning than playing. I ran $20 up to $50, then lost 6 allins preflop with AA in a session, which took me down to something like $12.

Anyway, this is my blog, where I'll post all the normal bloggy stuff, and hopefully people will find it interesting. I'm also gonna use this as my own private hand review thread.

Cliff notes: Played a bit, really semi-seriously until I won a MTT. Lost half my roll, started it taking it seriously.
  • 1 reply
    • FlopOutMyNut
      FlopOutMyNut
      Bronze
      Here's my graph since I really began taking this seriously:

from about 3000 hands to 6000 hands, I was trying to play nine tables at a time. It was my first go ever. This is something I have been practicing on lately.

I played one thousand hands of .2NL at twelve tables and won at 16BB/100. One thing i've noticed is that my red line is crap. I know that, the more tables I play, the worse it gets, but it is still a problem. I win about 65% of my showdowns though. I figured that my bad red line is because I fold my losing hands before showdown. At 10NL, you basically know when you are good at a large percentage of the time.

How do you interpret my graph, and what might I be doing wrong?