Back at it-50 to 1000 $ challenge

• AdrianDragan
      AdrianDragan
      Bronze
      Hello again Pokerstrategy,

After a couple of years with no poker due to various self inflicted problems,i finally got a big chunk of the garbage sorted out so i decided that some of the hours spent in dota 2 should be replaced with poker.

I used to play succesfully up to 50 nl,so i guess i have some basic understanding of the game.That said,i don`t think throwin 3-4k usd into a desposit to play 50 nl right away would be a great idea,especially when the games evolved so much so im going back to basics:the most common challenge around here 50-1000.

I will start with 4nl on Ipoker(yea i know im out of br,but they dont have nl 2) 4 tables,and see where it goes from there.

Wish me luck or smth :f_drink:
  • 10 replies
    • AdrianDragan
      AdrianDragan
      Bronze
      1st Update!!!
      After 5k hands things are pretyy much as smooth as expected...people just throw money.I just hope i don`t have a bad run so i get out of here asap....just fold fold fold raise pot pot shove...pretty much the tactic :P
      Graph:

This is one of the many funny hands i had...I don`t cbet with that amount of equity on the flop,especially against a calling station.The turn though brings me equity and also brings a scare care for hes small pairs and maybe sometimes he throws away an ace.Sizing...well 1/2,/3/4 or 1/1 would have the same effect on hes range so i guess i go with the ceapest option.River...SnapJam :D

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
      UTG StackMeOver ($122.25BB) 122bb
      CO Hero ($333BB) 333bb
      BTN mambaraiser ($125.5BB) 126bb
      SB SOCRATES1980 ($80.5BB) 81bb
      BB PiruSemFreio ($182.5BB) 183bb

Pre-Flop: (1.5BB, 5 players) Hero is CO J:spade: 8:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to 2.5BB, 1 fold, SOCRATES1980 calls 2BB, 1 fold
      Flop: A:spade: 4:diamond: 5:diamond: ($6BB, 2 players)

SOCRATES1980 checks, Hero checks

Turn: 3:spade: ($6BB, 2)
      SOCRATES1980 checks, Hero bets 3BB, SOCRATES1980 calls 3BB

River: 2:spade: ($12BB, 2)

SOCRATES1980 checks, Hero bets 327.5BB, SOCRATES1980 goes all-in 75BB

Final Pot: $414.5BB
      SOCRATES1980 shows
      5:heart: 5:club:
      Hero shows
      J:spade: 8:spade:

Hero wins $401BB (net +$68BB)

SOCRATES1980 lost $81BB
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The graph looks a lot better know. Good luck with reaching a 1k bankroll :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello AdrianDragan,

Welcome back :welcome: Good Luck in your challenge and I look forward to reading future posts :f_thumbsup:
      Subbed
      Have you seen Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!

Regards

Matt
    • AdrianDragan
      AdrianDragan
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, playn` poker without discussing about it its like having Gal Gadot as a girlfriend but beein` unable to see her face :) The poker community is one of the reasons why i decided to get back to poker as a mental exercise at the least.
      Now regarding the challenge,i have reached 10k hands and i can draw a few conclusions about my game:
      1.Be a bit tighter preflop. Even though there are a lot of situations when completing or calling a minraise for a mway pot with some 58s or 89o garbage oop seems juicy,there is 0 fold equity when you bet the draw so the only way i make profit is if i actually make a flush or a straight.No fold equity with those marginal hands means i cannot make a profit due to the fact that i dont hit often enough.And even when i hit i sometimes get it in against a better
      flush/straigh so untill i develop better handreading u will increase the amount of folds preflop with marginal drawy hands.

2.Tighten the cold call range against utg, mp and co from the sb and increase the value 3betting range against the bu.I seem to lose a bit too much from the sb and i wanna adjust that,because i have a decent postflop game oop but if my range is weak i cant really do much if i flat too wide,sometimes mway.

3.STOP PLAYN PLO.It`s not that i`m losing,i`m actually winning a bit but i just don`t need the tilt.

My graph after 10k hands :

I ran like crap the last 5k hands,too many hero folds to count,but the important thing is that i hit the correct buttons and still made some profit on top of the bad variance.I`m probably gonna be away from poker untill the 8th of august due to a huge workload.I don`t want to play when i`m tired,i know where that leads.I`ll be back when the work ordeal is done.

Until then good luck everyone and don`t forget:the fold button prints money ;)
    • Post removed

• AdrianDragan
      AdrianDragan
      Bronze
      Guess who`s back :D

After a month of working 16h a day 6 days a week i finally managed to play some poker. And i was fun and profitable :D . I continued the grind at nl 4 and i played a 500 euro gtd 6max rebuy almost daily.I only invested the initial BI and the Addon,2 euros a day thrown in a fish infested tournament seemed like a decent bet.No later than day 3 i make a hit and my br sits @ 22 BI at nl 10. The itch is real,i open a few tables,2-3 fish at every table,i gotta take a shot.I also get a 20 euros cash ticket idk from where but i use it to gamble at 20nl . This is pretty much the story of the past 10 days :

And a funny hand against a "reg" ...:

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
      UTG morsy22 ($14.10) 71bb
      UTG+1 Rajmi87 ($14.35) 72bb
      CO YASHARU ($10.62) 53bb
      BTN Kaiseen ($20.60) 103bb
      SB ALEXANDRRR1 ($35.22) 176bb
      BB Hero ($32.28) 161bb

Pre-Flop: (0.30, 6 players) Hero is BB 7:heart: 5:heart:
      3 folds, Kaiseen raises to $0.40, ALEXANDRRR1 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.20
      Flop: J:spade: 5:spade: 4:heart: ($1.20, 3 players)

ALEXANDRRR1 checks, Hero bets $0.72, Kaiseen calls $0.72, ALEXANDRRR1 folds

Turn: 2:heart: ($2.64, 2)
      Hero bets $1.80, Kaiseen calls $1.80
      River:
      8:heart: ($6.24, 2)

Hero bets $3.80, Kaiseen goes all-in $17.68, Hero calls $13.88

Final Pot: $41.60
      Kaiseen shows
      7:spade: 8:spade:
      Hero shows
      7:heart: 5:heart:

Hero wins $38.83 (net +$18.03)

Kaiseen lost $20.60
      ALEXANDRRR1 lost $0.50
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Gold
      Hi Adrian! Wish you the best of luck in this challenge!

I have a cuestion, why did you donk on the flop of the 75s one? Are you considering the middle pair and the 2 backdoors (FD and SD)?
    • AdrianDragan
      AdrianDragan
      Bronze
      Hello Mompacha! Thanks ,i wish you good luck aswell.
      Regarding the hand,against the range of the bu 2x open i have to protect my equity due to beeing a 3way pot.The sb is a loose fish so hes range there is atc so an extra reason to bet for protection.The whole idea is i want to either win the hand right there or take it heads-up because there are many turns that can allow me to barrel.I donk in that spot with a lot of hands,FD,TP,2ndp+bds,OESD,sets,2p.Even though im not really looking for balance at nl 10 or 20 u cant just x/c or x/f ur range imo.
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Gold
      Nice nice! Interesting thought line, i agree with the movement due to the loose fish, but i never consider to "protect my equity" against the reg. Really great explanation imo, i should add this movement to my owns and see what happens :P

Thx, regards!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That’s a nice hand for sure. How is everything going with your challenge the last couple of weeks?

Cheers,
      SDK1987