Should I stay or should I Sit'n'go? LuborC's blog...

• LuborC
      Hi guys!

It's happening I'm starting my own blog!

I'm 23, from Prague, Czech Republic. I study law at a university here in Prague and work part time as a bartender but I don't enjoy the job that much anymore so my ultimate goal is being able to quit when I get really sick of it and make money with poker instead..
      It's been almost a year since i found but I only spent about 6 months playing because I took a veeeeery long break after my first downswing to come back in November and have been playing a lot since. Relatively speaking that is. I recently bought a 24" monitor (thank you Full Tilt donks) and started 16 tabling the 12$ TURBO SNGs at Full Tilt but I still get little time to play because of school stuff. And I'm going to Alps snowboarding in two weeks so I won't play then, either. March will be the month of the GRINDING, thouhg!After that I will decide what to do with my poker career.

So the current situation is:
      2,833.45$ at Full Tilt
      90$ ish at Pokerstars (Battle od the Donkeys BR -> GO GO New Team Anyone!! :heart:)

I really wanted to start this with 3K bankroll but downswing is a b*tch like this and I ended up losing almost 10 BI in my last 2 sessions yeaterday.

Where I want to get from here:
      • Get established at 22$ SNGs
        1. Get 150 BIs (I'm the nittiest BR nitt)
        2. Learn to play better postflop (I think I'm way too passive)
        3. Practice ICM for the ITM phase (I'm probably too loose 3 handed)
        4. Learn better HU strategy (I'm playing loosely based on the ICM and very much based on feel, not really so much of a strategy)
        5. ?Get a private coaching

• Get established at 33$ SNGs
      • Make new goals
  • 132 replies
    • vhallee
      Hey LuborC,

I will just say these two things: great blog title and great graph! :D I wish you the best of luck fellow gamer and keep updating the blog because I'm definitely looking forward to reading more! :)

Best regards,
    • p0kerQT
      The clash r cool : indeed your graph is very nice, the 20 bi downswing looks like nothin compared to the steady rise upwards. Hope you keep updated and good luck in the rest of your poker journey.
    • LuborC
      What a nice way to start the blog. Losing flips, losing when ahead losing when behind, running into monsters, I guess most of you know what I'm talking about..
      Today a played 32 games with a nice overall ROI of -32.97. Total 126.60$ down. The good news is that I seem to have lost less in the latter set so I maybe I won't lose my entire bankroll in this swing or at least it will take a very long time before I that happens..
      With this my ROI for February is down to 18.86% which is still a number I can live with so hopefully the poker gods will sate their hunger and leave my bankroll alone soon..

Also I noticed that people were calling me pretty loose today especially when I wsa pushing form the SB, maybe there is a connectoion between not having much fold equity when stealing from the BB and losing so much money.. I don't really think this is the case, though, since they vere calling with such a weird range that it should only bring me more money in the long run..

Anyway, no more poker for me today. I still have one exam left to study for and latter I will watch a movie or something.. Probably the Slumdog Millionaire I heard it was a really good one...
    • PidKoker
      Great to see that you've started blogging as well. Your graph is looking pretty good ;) . Hope to hear nothing but good things in the future for you. GL at the 9max tables.
    • justkyle88
      Gee, all that bad feedback in that vote i'm suprised you started a blog :)

Very nice graph.
      I'll be a regular reader.
    • radyan111
      Hi LuborC! Nice to see you've started a blog, keep it going and good luck at the tables (or maybe I should say good skill lol).
      Keep us informed on your progress.
    • AndySk

kedze momentalne studujem v Prahe mozme niekedy skocit niekam na wifinu alebo nieco poriesit - hrat vedla seba :D . Sa mozno nieco od seba naucime
    • masfe
      Get 150 BIs (I'm the nittiest BR nitt)

Oh, i play 5-10$ HU SNG's and 5$ 9-man SNG with 2700$ so i win :P

gl dude
      Wow 16 tables at once, another maniac!!

I think dropping down a hundred and change in a session playing 16 tables is about the
      same as a losing session for us people who play 4 tables at a time. Just higher volume.

Your swings will be much wider then mine by 16 tabling I will wager, but with your volume being
      sooo much higher your profit per hour will leave mine in the dust as long as you maintain
      your A game even when you are losing a bunch in a row.

How are you maintaining so many tables at a time? cascading? and how the hell do you not
      time out of tables? and yes this is 20 questions!! How long did it take you to get the balls
      to try so many tables at a time?

I am curious because I can not see my self trying it any time soon.

Smoking graph so far, good read too.
    • LuborC
      @PidKoker: My graph is not looking that good any more.. But it's still OK, I guess...
      @justkyle: Were you one of those who voted they might be in love with me? I mean it's cool that PokerQT and 897 voted that but where the hell did that other 10 votes come from? :D
      @radyan111: Thanks. I hope that I have some skill, although every downswing still makes me doubt that a little.. But I slept well tonight and I believe I will end the swing today.
      @AndySK: Co studujes? Ja jsem vzdycky pro nejakou pokerovou spolupraci.. Muzes si me najit na ICQ, nick Blek, jmeno Lubor Cerny.
      @marcof3: I yield! You are the master of the nittiness!
      @897: In theory the swings when playing 16 tables shouldn't be any higher than playing 1. You might get more bad beats per hour but should still get the same amount per 100 hands so the swings should be the same BI wise. Of course if you start playing bad then you can lose more for sure.
      16 tables is not that many. A lot of people here play 16 SNGs or even more because there is usually little postflop play and you can make your decision quickly and then move on to another table. Of course I started playing 1, then 2 tables at a time.. But when I got too bored I just added 1 or 2 more tables up to 9 which is the max that fit my laptop screen without too much overlap.. I played these 9 tables for a month or so but then I got bored again so I bought a 24" screen where 16 tables overlap less than the 9 on my laptop so I think it might be actually easier to play 16 now than those 9 I used to play.. I always tile the tables cascade just doesn't work for me but I guess it is just a matter of opinion I guess..

Thanks for all the replies, guys!!! I will probably post another update in the evening after I play a few sessions...
    • sirilidion
      Nice an other SnG blog :) . But you're graph looks great too me I just getting out my third big downswing of 30 BI +. So keep it up and hope you're upswing comes soon ;)
    • allurchips
      think 16 tables is a great way to make money at these low stakes sngs.i can only do 8 max at a time but im gona start all over again as i lost my roll playing high stakes razz :( $100-$?????????? think ill start at the $5 sngs on the blog gona try and do my own eventually
    • viewer88
      Hello luborC,

nice blog! I'll certainly drop in from time to time. Nice graph and sick winrate! 17% ROI on turbo's is insane!

gg and happy grinding
    • masfe
      Originally posted by LuborC
      I always tile the tables cascade just doesn't work for me but I guess it is just a matter of opinion I guess..

I was also a tile lover, now i always play cascade.

At first it is very weird, you want to see the action and table are just popping up and a lot of times you lose the action, which sucks, but you just need to get used to the corners.

It still sucks when there are a lot of all-in's going on, because you will forget the exact location of the corner where some of them happened but the cool thing about cascade compared to tile is that tile hurts my eyes, table are most of the time very small, you need to switch your attention a lot from 1 corner to another, etc.

And with cascading you are able to refresh the cascade and every time 1 table close, tables get bigger. At the beginning i started using cascade because i was 25-tabling don's (which i couldn't tile :P ), but by the time i had only 9 tables i would tile. Now i just let cascade up until 4-tables.
    • LuborC
      [SIZE=16][COLOR=limegreen]Back to the happy times...[/size][/color]

I played 3 sets so far today and it seems that I'm winning again. The sessions were a bit wierd in the beginning a lot of sucking out (working both ways, luckily) and generally wierd stuff. Made 156.60$ which is more than enough to make up for yesterday. I could have made much more, though. 6 firsts, 8 seconds and 10 thirds are not very good stats. It should be the other way around if anything.. But it's all good as long as I'm gaining money again..
      I decided to go back to practicing with the ICM trainer at least once a day. I'm still not certain about every situation especially once ITM. I expect to find a lot of leaks in this phase and fine tune my winrate by fixing them.
      Also I have to confess that I have never read the SAGE article so I might look into that, too. I'm not sure if I'm gonna use that strategy, though..

Full Tilt BR 2907.73$
    • LuborC
      Originally posted by viewer88
      Nice graph and sick winrate! 17% ROI on turbo's is insane!
      Thanks. I think my real ROI over the past 1000 SNGs is actually 20% ish and I think it is still possible to achieve even better winrate since I'm sure I still have leaks.. I really like Full Tilt's blind structure and I don't think I would be able to achive this winrate on any other site. At least not without undergoing extensive training first..

@Marcof3: I think I can fit 20 tables tiled on my screen but that's it. If you are 25 tabling you are a sick man and I understand that tile is probably not the right option anymore. If I ever get there I will have to buy a second (or third actaully) screen or start playing cascaded, too.

@Allurchips: Sorry to hear about your bankroll. Hopefully you at least learned something while playing the high stakes. :D When you decide to start your own blog I will be a regular reader..
    • masfe
      As i said, i did 25 and actually 30 too (kinda hard specially because i was tried turbos on that session lol) but i did on Double or Nothing SNg's, which are very easy to multitable compared to 9-man SNG's.

If you try 25 you will notice that it's not that hard to do on the early levels, but if you don't lose some games if starts being hard as soon as you get to the bubble. Which is played with 6 players. And the 9-man sng's go to HU (i don't see myself 10-tabling with 3 players on every sng :P
    • AzUdet
      Hey, nice to see your blog here.

Already learned a lot of stuff from you and I hope there is more to come. Maybe I will find some insights here too. :)
    • LuborC
      ICM Power!!

As planned I started with the ICM training again today. Boy, does that make a difference! I feel like 10x more confident shoving hands from the SB and exploiting the bubble. I will definitely continue using the trainer it's really worth the half an hour a day or so..
      I'm looking forward to the Battle of the Donkeys today! We're definitely gonna kick some Spanish ass.. :D
      Also I remembered that I have 1 75$ token I accidentally won. Does anybody have a clue what I can do with it? I mean I know that I can use it to enter 75$ SNG but that is just waaaaaaaaaay ot of my BR range.. Can they be sold or something? I already wrote the support that they need to include new filter that will allow me remove these tourneys from the screen. I'm aware that they are never gonna do that, of course.. :D

Here, I think the biggest suckout up to date: :D
      (and a very poorly played hand)
      saw flop | saw showdown

UTG+1 (t1470)
      MP1 (t1560)
      MP2 (t1265)
      MP3 (t1355)
      CO (t1540)
      Button (t1520)
      SB (t1860)
      BB (t1430)
      Hero (UTG) (t1500)

Hero's M: 25.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, J
      Hero raises to t120, 2 folds, MP2 calls t120, 1 fold, CO calls t120, Button calls t120, 2 folds

Flop: (t540) 3, 8, 6 (4 players)
      Hero bets t350, 1 fold, CO calls t350, Button calls t350

Turn: (t1590) 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets t1030 (All-In), CO raises to t1070 (All-In), 1 fold

River: (t3650) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3650

Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
      CO had 3, 3 (three of a kind, threes).
      Outcome: Hero won t3650

Full Tilt BR 2945.53$