Are big stack players aware of SSS play?

• HabloConElvis
      HabloConElvis
      Bronze
      Hello, everyone.
      I recived my 50$ bonus and sat down on a .25/.50 NL long hand table with 10$. The first thing I noticed was 4 or 5 other players, sitting tight on their 10$ stacks. It didn't took me long to realize they were playing exactly by the rules. This made me think of how good the big stack players know the SSS. Becouse if you know the SSS, in most cases you will have a clear idea of how strong is the hand of a SSS player who raised. So, my question is, do you think the big stack payers are generally aware os the SSS?
  • 8 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      At NL50 for sure lol:D
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      You are not for NL50 with $50 bankroll. And when you are new with this you are not for NL50 even with $5000, so start at NL10 and don't worry about the big stacks. There are so many fish that don't care how you play.

And when the players start to be good you can always adjust a little bit with you play (stealing more, overlimping with pocket pairs, loosening up from MP...)

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Nice BRM ;)
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HabloConElvis
      Hello, everyone.
      I recived my 50$ bonus and sat down on a .25/.50 NL long hand table with 10$. The first thing I noticed was 4 or 5 other players, sitting tight on their 10$ stacks. It didn't took me long to realize they were playing exactly by the rules. This made me think of how good the big stack players know the SSS. Becouse if you know the SSS, in most cases you will have a clear idea of how strong is the hand of a SSS player who raised. So, my question is, do you think the big stack payers are generally aware os the SSS?
      You should not be at any table higher than NL10, with only $50 playing NL50 is just a really terrible idea. Playing with only 5BI is just asking to go broke, re-read the Bankroll management articles.

As far as your question yes most Bss'ers started with SSS so they are quite familiar with it. Besides 6/10 of them don't play the strategy properly so a lot of them are very profitable to play against.
    • coiotstrivit
      coiotstrivit
      Bronze
      Hi.
      I'm kinda new to poker too and i play SSS at 0.05/0.10NL. It is pretty ok, most of the players are fish and have no idea how to play, but there is still a small percent of players that do have an idea and know about SSS... Watch the bankroll management video again and follow it step by step. BRM is the most important thing in poker.

Well that's my advice i hope it helps you.

best regards
    • HabloConElvis
      HabloConElvis
      Bronze
      Hello, everyone. Thanks for you replies. I know I should be playing lower limits, it's just that I played some poker before and when going down to NL10 I find myself playing far too loose. But I guess I'll just have to forget about my ego and play some lower limits for a while... thinking logically, anyone can see why BRM rules are important to have in mind.

Regards.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Its not cash, its BBs. Its always BBs, be it for 2c or $2.

Think that way and you should be able to hold yourself from calling because its "just 30 cents" on a 10c NL table. Its not. Its 3 big blinds :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Im not so sure if other sites promote/teach the SSS. If this is the case Id say most BSS know about SSS. If not, Id say like 40%