[SnG 45players] Cbet in missed flop and turn

• Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Silver
      Hello from Brazil,

I'd played this hand yesterday and I become confused about the correct move. As opponent was just calling my cbets I understand that he missed the flop too.
      It was ok to cbet flop and turn? if there was a K or J on the board I would cbet only on flop and check turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 25 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

BB (t6,230)
      UTG (t3,633)
      UTG+1 (t5,027)
      MP1 (t5,074)
      MP2 (t3,728)
      CO (t1,910)
      Button (t6,896)
      SB (t4,021)

MP2's M: 7.46

Preflop:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls t200, 1 fold, MP2 raises to t540, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls t340

Flop: (t1,580) 4:club: , 2:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets t790, UTG+1 calls t790

Turn: (t3,160) 7:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets t1,580, 1 fold

Total pot: t3,160

MP2 didn't show Q:spade: , A:club: .

Thanks

Arnalsan
  • 4 replies
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Gold
      first of all when u use ftr converter dont check the box where it says hide identity. otherwise we wont see any more what u got dealt :) .

i think u made a mistake preflop. with almost 19 bigs, this is an easy shove pre after the guy limped. u will be called by way worse a lot of the time. so dont be afraid. the thing is about raising here normal once u dont hit and ur cbet gets called it gets really ugly and suddenly half ur stack is gone while u cud have been ahead even. as played u shud bet smaller on the flop. if he raises flop here what r u gonna do? u want to be able to fold if he gives u action. and on this dry board a 500 bet has the same fold equity as the 800 that u chose here. on the turn u can just go and shove to create as much fold equity as u possibly can. also keep in mind that u dont always want to cbet a flop. this certainly was a good spot but if the board for example comes 89j i would recommend to check back a lot. u dont have to balance things on these limits as well, no one will notice. also i feel like u shud work on ur bet sizes. if u always cbet half pot ull lose money longterm.
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Silver
      Lasso,

Thx for the advice regarding hand history converter and hand comments.

Why raising preflop is a mistake? I usually start to shove pre flop with less than 12bb or if more than 1/3 of my stack, which isn't the case.
      Cbet 1/2 pot I'll loss money in long term - Are you reffering exclusivelly for missed flops? My bets on flop are pretty standard I do you think I've to balance them, according any given scenario?

Cheers,

Arnalsan
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Gold
      its 25 cent buy in tournaments, people will call ins with a lot hands that you easily dominate. some will say u lower variance by playing postflop but u dont hit the flop that often and since they call a lot postflop as well u often have to give up. i have no problem playing postflop a lot when effective stacks ar at least 25bb+. also i prefer at suited for going postflop over aq off suited. anyway maybe its just my specific way of play. u just save urself into getting in ugly spots. what do u do on a turn 6 and when u check and river is a t and he bets. he can do that all the time with kj or whatever hands they peel with. idk if u play with stats i personally dont. so i cant tell if someone is call happy or on the tighter side of things. dont want to tell u how to play its just my experience and ive play several hundred of these tournaments at your buyin. i can tell u that i crushed them pretty hard with my way of playing. u can keep raising ofc nothing wrong with it and on higher buy ins that is the better play to balance ur range but here ppl dont even know what a range is. but u can be sure that this flop cbet bet size is not great and im pretty sure everyone else will agree with that :) . you have to care for sizes once u get higher stakes. if u got 99 here or sth u can go half pot. if u miss 1/3 pot works as well as 1/2 imo.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The spoiler has no use either, because we can’t give feedback without a hand. I would most likely shove for 18bb as well, but I don’t think it’s to terrible to isolate the limper and play post-flop against a fish. That could be more profitable on long run. As played I would most likely check behind the turn with the nut flush draw and Ace high could be good sometimes as well. Especially against a calling station bluffing isn’t too great. Even on a nasty turn card for the range of our villain.

Cheers,
      SDK1987