QJT8 ss

• DAYETTAY
      DAYETTAY
      Platinum
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $7.59 (151.8 bb)
      BB: $18.51 (370.2 bb)
      UTG: $4.49 (89.8 bb)
      MP: $7.50 (150 bb)
      CO: $11.28 (225.6 bb)
      BTN: $7.42 (148.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Qd: :Jd: :Td: :8h:
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB folds, MP calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.80) :9d: :8c: :4d: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.60) :Kd: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.25, CO calls $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

River: ($6.35) :3c: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $3, CO folds, Hero calls $3

Results:
      $12.35 pot ($0.48 rake)
      Final Board: :9d: :8c: :4d: :Kd: :3c:
      Hero mucked :Qd: :Jd: :Td: :8h: and lost (-$5.10 net)
      MP showed :2h: :7d: :Th: :Ad: and won $11.87 ($6.77 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$2.10 net)

I think you all know the questions I am going to ask here. Should I be folding? if so when? and does the fact that I block 3rd and 4th nuts mean it is more or less likely that he is bluffing with bare Ad? does anything change if we are heads up instead of 3-way?

Thanks in advance.
  • 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Pre-flop is most likely just a call. I don’t think it’s to profitable to make the pot bigger out of position with a single suited hand. I expect you will still play multi way most of the time, but then in a bigger pot.

As played I don’t think you can ever fold the 2nd nuts. Even in mind you have 3 diamonds in your hands it’s less likely someone will beat you. I would most likely bet turn for value and go broke.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • DAYETTAY
      DAYETTAY
      Platinum
      Am i really that upset if the pot is bigger? I dominate anything being limped and even playing fit or fold surely losing an extra 4bb when we miss can be accepted for when we flop even half as well as we have here? I am still sinking my teeth in to plo so please don't take this as me being stubborn or arrogant but more as a genuine question.
    • DAYETTAY
      DAYETTAY
      Platinum
      Ignore this. Double post due to bad connection.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I think call pre is fine too, but I don't have a big problem with the 3b. With less connected hand calling is preferred. Flop and turn are fairly clear (you could also bet turn but it seems hard to get much value). However, on the river (given that CO called turn) I think it's very unlikely that MP bluffs 3way for only 1/2 pot with nf blocker. So question becomes, does he ever valuebet worse? I think KK type hands won't bet here, so basically he has a flush or nfb. Do you have any reads on BU? I think a call here otr is certainly reasonable (especially given the price) but I'd expect to see nf rather often given the action. In a HU pot, I think a call is much clearer because nfblocker will float flop wider and have a better expectation on getting one player to fold a marginal hand.
    • pizdunar
      pizdunar
      Bronze
      skd1987 please stop commenting on plo or get better at it, cuz 95% of the advice you give is utter crap and instead of helping players improve you make them worse. betting turn and stacking off and the reason you give and calling river, preflop and basically everything you say is so wrong, and it's not the first time I see you do that, I don't really care tho but just saying cuz it's like you try to give the wrong advice every time, no hard feelings ... I just don't see you being qualified to give any advice on plo .. I'm a big fish and I see your wrong in many spots so there's probably tons more which I don't see as well
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      It's called discussion. If you disagree, please be polite and explain why do you think his reasoning is flawed. No need to be that hostile. :)

If we only allow "good" answers, then who gets to say which reply is good and which is not?