This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKo 4bet pot

• mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players

Stacks:
      UTG ($13.52)
      UTG+1 ($1.85)
      MP1 ($16.01)
      MP2 ($1.99)
      MP3 ($3.71)
      Hero (CO) ($10.00)
      BTN ($1.90)
      SB ($14.76)
      BB ($2.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is CO A:club: K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, SB raises to $1.60, 1 fold, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB calls $1.90

Flop: 9:diamond: Q:club: 6:club: ($7.30, 2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero folds

Villain was new on the table but we had some action with him already.
      PF i thougth he was squeezing so i decided to 4bet.
      Was it good idea? What about bet sizes? Does hes x2,5 3bet should indicate something for me? What about my 4bet size?
      Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      The 4 bet is too small for me, I would make it 4,5$ clearly indicating that you want to play for stacks and forcing him to fold JJ, QQ and AK. You have to call a shove then.

As played you can't continue imo on the flop.
    • krypto9ite
      krypto9ite
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      The 4 bet is too small for me, I would make it 4,5$ clearly indicating that you want to play for stacks and forcing him to fold JJ, QQ and AK. You have to call a shove then.

As played you can't continue imo on the flop.
      If you 4bet to $4.50 thats almost half your stack in the pot already.

If flop doesn't hit you then it is hard to call a shove IP. Probably best to just call and re-evaluate on flop.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by krypto9iteIf flop doesn't hit you then it is hard to call a shove IP. Probably best to just call and re-evaluate on flop.
      What I've meant is that you have to call a shove preflop.
    • krypto9ite
      krypto9ite
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Originally posted by krypto9iteIf flop doesn't hit you then it is hard to call a shove IP. Probably best to just call and re-evaluate on flop.
      What I've meant is that you have to call a shove preflop.
      What if villian flats preflop and you don't hit anything on the flop, then you have to fold on the flop like this hand if villian makes a pot sized bet into you, losing half your stack.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      4 bet biger . you dont wanna give him odds to call with random hands and see a flop
      i would make it 4.2
      as played i muck it too
      if you call you are comited
      if you shove he may think that is comited and will call with any pair probably
      gl