New lad introducing!!

• SuperHandz
      SuperHandz
      Bronze
      How it goin people? Thought I'd introduce myself. Only been playing poker for about 4 months so thought I'd better learn how to do it properly. Lovin the site and just trying to get my head round all the software you can get for the computer to help with online play etc. There's a lot to it but it's all good. I do find on the lower limit tables it's a little harder to win the sit n go's and when you finish in 2nd or 3rd the return isn't worth the time. When I play the $20 or the $30 on full tilt as I did the other day I won bothn which was good. Would like to see a little more consistency in my play though. Got that sit n go wizard which has helped but I'm not exactly sure how to use it during play. Anyway, good to meet everyone and no doubt we'll cross paths at the tables!!
  • 4 replies
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome Superhandz,
      lower limits can be a b*tch, but its important to stick to BRM to ensure long term +EV =)
      For fast improvement I suggest you read the articles available here at PS, post sample hands and ask questions if you've been in a hand you wasn't sure how to play.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi SuperHandz!

I lose to see our SNG sommunity grow. You really need to read the bankroll management article so that you can stick around. Although I agree the lowest limit SNGs are weird and I wouldn't want to have to play them again it's just something everybody has to go trough if they want to make it to the higher limits..
      You got lucky winning those tourneys and even though you probably olso lost some you didn't tell us about you should have an OK bankroll already and should be able to avoid the worst players at the 1 or 2 $ SNGs.
      To answer your question, you cannot use the SNG wiz during play. It is a tool to help you analyse your hands after your session. Also I think it is better to start with the pokerstrategy ICM trainer (you can get it for free in the download section) rather than the SGN wiz since it is easier to use for someone who doesn't have a lot of expereince with poker software.

Good luck to you and I hope you decide to use a good bankroll management so that you don't go broke and will be able to stick around..
      Lubor
    • SuperHandz
      SuperHandz
      Bronze
      oh yeah I've lost plenty. I'm gonna stick to the $sit n go's and not go broke. On full tilt a few weeks back I lost all the money I won. I went and played a $70 sit n go like a fool! What was I thinking?! No, I'm gonna keep reading and reading and I'm sure I won't go broke. An about the sit n go wizard it's purely a practice tool then to put you into situations against loose/tight players that tells you what you should be doing. That helps you get used to following the charts automatically in the last phase of the game according to the diff factors i.e chip stacks pos. I'll read through the tutorial again but I think I'll give the one you suggested a go. Ease me into the whole subject. Thanks for the reply
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I already tried to explain this once but I'm not sure if I made any sense.. Anyway here is the link. Try to read it and then you can ask me about anything you didn't understand...