Bronze
      BB:
      $0.66
      Hero:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $7.13

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8:spade: , 6:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      2 folds, Hero checks, MP2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.35) J:spade: , 4:spade: , K:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.10, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.48, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $0.93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, king high (8s 6s)

Hero wins with a flush, king high (8s 6s)

Did I supposed only to call on flop, maybe the flush was to obvious tho it was slow played ?
  • 5 replies
    • TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      Don´t post the blind from MP1

Bet pot on flop... you don´t want to see another :spade: as u have only 8 high flush, protect and build a pot.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      How come you posted a blind as MP1? Seems an unnecessary expense.

Anyway it's always difficult to disguise a flopped flush. With hindsight though, maybe a call - not a raise - is more profitable. Since that way villain might put more money in the pot of his own choosing. The only way you can be beaten, realistically, is if he has As, which has to be unlikely. So I don't think there's much risk in letting him see more cards (see correction below!).

In fact, the best situation for you is if the turn card improves his hand (e.g. he already has a K or J and another one turns up) because then he'll really be tempted to bet and you'll be able to trap him (see correction below!).

Actually, if he already had K,J and another K or J came on the turn you would be beaten, by a full house. So maybe your raise was best play afer all. :P

Experts, please?
    • dangerousmind
      dangerousmind
      Bronze
      I posted bb from mp1 because I just entered the table. In most cases I wait for bb but I think I just wanted to play sooner, I was multi-tabling btw.

Thanks for your opinion, Tim64, I was thinking the same. but I'm also curios about an expert opinion.

-DM
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      bet bet bet with such a monster, never risk to give a freecard and also dont c/r we dont want to scare them away. Just bet pot any street when no :spade: hits.
    • dangerousmind
      dangerousmind
      Bronze
      Thanks for your opinion.