[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AQs CO against LAG BU Flop: call, fold, reraise?

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Button seemed to play any two in position against tight players reraising c-bets or floating if left heads up so i thought this hand would be good enough to play back at him, but i'm not sure if my decision here was correct.
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($23.75)
      SB ($7.70)
      BB ($14.35)
      UTG ($10.70)
      UTG+1 ($14.75)
      MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($10.30)
      MP3 ($1.85)
      Hero (CO) ($13.15)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, Button calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 4, 3, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, Button raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80
      Total pot: $3.15
      FD + any A and Q would probably win me a pot at showdown too, but i did not want to make the pot big.
  • 2 replies
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Raise preflop to 40cent for value. They are going to call so many weaker hands that you loose value longterm without a 4bb raise.

At the flop i call his raise too because you have enought implied odds with the nutflushdraw and maybe you have OC outs too. But they are most likley not clean because BU can hold easily AT or something which makes him 2 pair if you hit one of your overcards.

So i think you have around 12 outs here 9 for the FD and ~3-4 for the overcards. With 12 outs you need 3:1 odds to call. Villain gives you 2,8:1 and with the implied odds which are definetly existent your call is ok.

I won't 3bet here too without any reads on villain.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      you have a monster draw on the flop against a player who likes to make moves in position
      use your fold equity and 3 bet his raise and call a shove . you have very good equity against his range + he will fold a lot given your read
      gl