MTT blog - going to be rich one day

• villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Hello guys! It took me a long time to start a blog and now here I am. I think the blog will help me to be motivated and also it will be nice to see how I am improving through the days, weeks and months. One more thing that throughot posting on this blog I think I will improve my english skills which problaly are not the worst, but are not the best either. :f_thumbsup:

About me
      I am only 19 years old or young (turned 19 only 2 months ago) guy from Latvia. I have a lot of interests such as programming, basketball, volleyball and of course poker! What is bad for poker is that in September I will start to study in university programming and computer science, so then the poker will be in only second place. But I still have 1 month for grinding. I like to study and improve in any of my interests and also I understand math very easily, thats problaly good for poker. :f_biggrin:

About poker
      First played when I was only like 12 or 13 years young. I was playing with my friends and I just thought - one day I want to win a lot of money in poker - so here I am.:f_biggrin: Started to study hard poker basics a few months before I turned 18 and when it was finally legal then I started playing at PokerStars. So I am playing poker a little bit more than 1 year now. I am mostly MTT and some SnG player. Sad thing is that most money and games (actually I think that I haven't played very many games but I prefer quality, not quantity) I made last summer when I had a lot free time. Then I had a big break from September till the end of May because it was my last year at highschool and had to study, and this summer I got a girlfriend so i have also to spend time with her.

Here are my results so far:

One more thing definetly I should improve is my mental game. It is like a standard for me to play like 4 hours very great, getting good stack and then somehow tilt and fuck it all up with some idiotic bluff or just bad play. So tilting is one thing I have to remove from my play. It would be nice to hear your advices how to fight vs tilt and improve mental game.:f_thumbsup:

I will try to post about my results and bankroll as often as possible.
      Starting BR: 175.25$
      Target BR till the end of summer: 500$

I think I can easily make this target if I will have the luck and time. :f_thumbsup:

Thats basically it, good luck at the tables guys!:f_cool:
  • 13 replies
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Had 2 break days and now I am back for grinding. Played little NL2 zoom session today. I am not really cash game player but it was kind a interesting and got a good results. Sad thing is that at the end of thes session got 2 bad beats - first I had KK and the flop came AKx, I was happy that I got villain press allin button but then I saw that he has AA...( not sure if this is badbeat, just really unlucky). Second time I was the one who got AA and lost to TT who got a set on the flop. But overally I am happy about the results and session, when I will dont have a time for MTT I'll play zoom cash game. :f_drink:

Here is the graph:

Also will participate in MM 115 and maybe some other MTT later. :f_thumbsup:

Edit:
      For fun tried 0.85$ satellite for MM 115 event. It was 8man sng which was also heads up, basically you have to win 3 heads up to win this sng. 3 rounds, 3 fishes and easy ticket for me so its gonna be cheap for me to participate in this one. :f_thumbsup:
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Didnt have a big luck on MM 115 event, lost into it, re-entried it and lost again. But later played 2 more MTT - big 1,10 and big 3,30. In both I mincashed and made a little profit. In 1,10 tournament I got a little bit depeer (ended about 120th of 4100) but unfortunately I was very unlucky because I lost like 3 or 4 times in 50/50 situations. Overally I was happy with my play, but still there were some mistakes and most of them based on tilting. :f_rolleyes:

About today:
      As I won 1.90$ satellite to MicroMillions Main Event I have changed my day plans and I will focus for this tournament. I will study now for about 1-1,5 hour then I will have a little work to do, then I will be back and study again for 1hour and then going to sleep a little bit to renew my mind and energy. And then Im gonna play. :f_thumbsup:
      Bad thing for me is that I have never played in that big tournament with that big buyin. Good thing for me is that there are a lot of satellites for this one, so there should be very many micro stakes players and fishes. Also as it is Main Event who costs only 22$ I guess there will be a lot of players who just have the money but not the skills needed. But on other side there gonna be a lot of regs and pros I guess.

Gl at the tables guys. :f_drink:
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Didnt get anything yesterday in MM Main Event. Didnt have a good start, in first hour was down to 4k chips from 10k and thats because I made mistakes and villains were fishes who called with anything. For example, one of the first hands I got AKo. I raise and 1player calls. Flop comes Q76 rainbow. Villain checks, I Cbet, he calls. Turn comes 8 and villain again checks, I decide to make 2barrel and get him off of this hand, he calls again. At this moment I guess that he has problaly straight and I am ready to give up. River came some blank 2 and villain again checks. I thought he is just trying to trap me and check back and see that he has A6o lol. After realising there were about 5 fishes at the table I started to play more tight and waiting for good spots and in second hour got from 4k to 25k chips pretty easily. Then I was moved to other table with a lot of strong players and after late reg ended I had only 14BB. I got QQ in BB, was very happy as BTN was deep stack and liked to push me and SB ( both short stacks). Everyone folds, BTN raises, SB reraises allin, I call and BTN of course folds as he was just tryin to steal with problaly 2 random cards. I am happy to see SB having AJo as I am pretty much ahead. And then the flop comes Axx... Unlucky for me this time.

I will try to post my results every monday. :f_thumbsup:

Bankroll now: 173.88$
      Profit: -1.37$

Good luck at the tables, guys. :f_thumbsup:
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Looks like I am just at downswing right now. Yesterday lost about 20$, mostly because of bad luck and bad beats. For example lost KK vs KJo before bubble, in 1 torunament I had and idiot fish at the table ( he shoved allin first 2 tournament hands for no reason at all and after winning them with no action shows that he has air), sounds good and just need to wait for good hand and spot. For the very next hand I got QQ. I raise from MP, player behind calls me, idiotic player moves allin, easy call from me and player from behind also calls. I and player behind me both got QQ and the idiotic player had AA.... Also reached the final table in 2.50$ turbo 180 SnG. But again bad luck for me. I had avg stack when there were about 11 players left. Then I lost with AJs to K9s (both moved allin preflop and king came on the river) but still managed somehow to reach final table. Got A3o in late, everyone folds to me, easy shove from me, BB calls and has KJs. Again flop comes 3 blanks, turn 1 more blank and Im way ahead and then turn comes the king... Basically I had 2 river suckouts in 5 min and both times it was the king. And these are only some examples of my bad luck yday. :f_frown:

However, woke up today with cool mind and was ready to study for 1hr and then grind little nl2 zoom session for 1000 hands. Got a great start with a lot of good hands and easily won about 2,5 BI. Played very well and I was slowly making my profit bigger and bigger in this session. But then after about 850hands played i got unlucky again, got AQ, flop came AQx and basically lost about 3.5BI because villain had QQ. And that wasnt it... at the end of session some crazy fish beat me. here is the hand

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($3.15)
      SB ($1.84)
      Hero (BB) ($2.55)
      UTG ($2.08)
      UTG+1 ($2.75)
      MP1 ($1.95)
      MP2 ($2.15)
      MP3 ($3.57)
      CO ($2.23)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, MP3 calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.29) 4, 8, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, MP3 raises to $0.74, Hero raises to $2.41 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.67

Turn: ($5.11) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($5.11) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5.11

Results below:

Hero had A, K (three of a kind, Kings).
      MP3 had K, 5 (full house, Kings over fives).
      Outcome: $5.11 returned to MP3

So after very good start and grinding for 850 hands at the end of session had only profit for 0.29$.:f_zZz:

It looks like I will take a rest today from poker and will continue tomorrow.
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Actually played little MTT session yesterday at the evening and it was good as I reached 1 final table and got 2nd place :f_thumbsup: I wasnt fighting for 1st place because got a little friend on final table and we were the 2 players who were heads up and we just decided to make a deal.

• villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Didnt play for last 3-4 days but gonna play today later some MTT's. And my last week results, wasnt bad even if I had a lot of unlucky hands, both in zoom and tournaments. :f_thumbsup:

Bankroll last week: 173.88$
      Bankroll now: 271.20$
      Profit: +97.32$
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello villijmeen99,

Queens are a problem for me too. I went out on them in many games lately. Well done on getting the ticket to the MM main event :f_thumbsup: Next time your cash it for sure :f_drink:

Have you seen Asaban's MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread? you may also be interested in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!

Great start to your blog and I look forward to reading future posts :f_thumbsup: Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Thanks mate! :f_drink:
      I would like to participate in get rich or die tryin challenge but as my studies next month will be my priority and I will not play poker that often, then I dont think its worth it to start now.
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      About poker. Yesterday played only 1 sng and little zoom session - about 1500 hands. Also played little zoom session this morning. I dont know what the phuck is happening on NL2 zoom with me but I am so unlucky there, I just got badbeat after badbeat. And also the unlucky hands, like QQ vs KK, KK vs AA. I lost 3 BI in this morning 500 hand session and thats all with 3 unlucky hands - AA<87s (villain got flush on the flop), QQ<AKs, you should say its normal as its a flip but actually I raise him prelfop, he 3bets me, I call. Flop comes T92 all spades. I check, he little cbets me, I shove allin because I have an overpair and queen of spades, he calls and has AsKs - again flush on the flop, #@$#%#%. And then lost AKo vs JJ, flop came A33, he called my raise and turn came J...

Basically I have a total downswing and I dont know how to deal with it, because these hands happens every session I take and the bad thing is that I dont have any lucky hand. :f_confused:

Will study now for a little and will take a MTT session in evening.
      Gl guys! :f_thumbsup:
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Hello guys! I was on a trip to UK, visiting my dad, so didnt play a lot of poker last 10 days but still managed to make some sessions before and after trip, landed home yesterday. My studies will start in 2,5 weeks so dont have a lot of time to get my target BR, but I'll try to. Sorry for not posting.
      Gl at the tables, guys! :f_drink: :f_thumbsup:
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Dont have good results on last two weeks and didnt play a lot. Actually I think I was playing bad and also the luck wasnt with me either. Only session where I can say - I played my best game - was yesterday where I played only 1 tournament and it was Half Price Sunday Storm 5,50$. I finished about 4000th from 65000 and got a little bit more than 3 BI, you should say not a bad result but actually the variance yesterday was fu#king killing me and I am suprised that I even got so far.
      I went throughout the hands and counted totally 5 badbeats and that happened only on less than 300 hands played. Here they are : 1) I have two pair on turn vs maniac, we go allin here and he has top pair and gutshot, he gots gutshot on river. 2) Ajs lost vs A2o (both allin preflop) 3) AQo lost vs AJs (both allin preflop) 4) QQ lost vs A6o (both allin on flop which was 642 rainbow and then the ace came on turn) 5) KK lost vs 66 ( both allin preflop, flop comes good to me and then he gots a runner runner straight...)
      I cant even remember if I have been so unlucky on that small hand sample size ever. However, what was lucky for me - on all those badbeats I was the big stack and none of these badbeats didnt get me out of the tournament. Basically from the tournament start I had a big stack and I was building it straightly bigger with a very good game and then time from time happened these badbeats and i was thrown down to short or middle stack but I always managed to rebuild it back. Lost this tournament vs agreesive fish. I had KsQs, flop came Ts9s4c. Agressive fish went allin with 180k chips when on the board was only about 40k, I called my 150k chips as I was sure he has only top pair. And why not to call if I have flush draw, gutshot straight draw and two overcards? Its 16 outs and I am total favourite as on my calculation Im about 60-40 ahead to him. Bad for me he got KTo none spade and my chances dropped down to 55-45 but still ahead but u know... luck to him as he holded and none of my outs came out.

So yeah thats my story about my unluckiest tournament ever I guess, but I am happy that I played my very best game and it actually proves me that if I can get so far with that many badbeats then I am problaly a good and winning player.

My weekly update (its actually about last two weeks as I got a break longer than week) :
      Bankroll last week: 271.20$
      Bankroll now: 250.24$
      Profit: -20.96$

So I have less than 2 weeks to reach my goal, but you guys know how it is to be a MTT player - you can lose money for a time but then with a big win you can skyrocket your bankroll and be in awesome pluses.
      Cheers guys. :f_thumbsup:
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Got 1 funny hand from yesterdays session. Yeah I know this bluff was crazy but I would never expect for call like that. :f_biggrin: :f_rolleyes:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button (t1,889)
      Hero (SB) (t3,235)
      BB (t6,908)
      UTG (t3,822)
      UTG+1 (t3,926)
      MP1 (t15,361)
      MP2 (t2,677)
      MP3 (t4,823)
      CO (t3,720)

Hero's M: 7.99

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 5
      7 folds, Hero raises to t300, BB calls t150

Flop: (t780) Q, 10, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets t520, BB calls t520

Turn: (t1,820) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: (t1,820) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets t2,395 (All-In), BB calls t2,395

Total pot: t6,610

Results below:

Hero had 7, 5 (two pair, Queens and tens).
      BB had 4, K (two pair, Queens and tens).
      Outcome: t6,610 returned to BB

It would be even more funnier if I would bluffed with Ax hand and got the pot :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

However, going to study now a lil bit and then I will play a session. I have a goal to reach. Cheers guys and gl at the tables. :f_thumbsup:
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Unfortunately my computer display is broken so I havent played for last 3-4 days and will not play for a few more. Looks like I will not reach my goal till the end of summer.

Also my studies will start next monday so I will be a part time grinder, mostly only on weekends, since then.

Its sad to dont reach your goals. :(