• sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      Im here, too. But only if I have the time. :D
      This board is too tight for me xD
    • t1mmey
      t1mmey
      Bronze
      I don't gain anything by reading it, so...
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Start posting hands and stuff.... me and goose will reply :)
    • Stargoose
      Stargoose
      Bronze
    • lordTasse
      lordTasse
      Bronze
      HI IAM NEW HERE
      sup?
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Tasse! You have no idea how much we need new blood :)

sup:)
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      A cup of humor here and there...

• holzrose
      holzrose
      Basic
      well... im negotiating with the German admin staff.

I offered them to translate all the German articles if they allowed me into the coaching sessions (im actually not allowed in there cuz i started playing before knowing about pokerstrategy).

So

- if you want ALL the great articles from the German section

- if you want REGULAR updates about ALL the news

- if you want a GREATER edge over the other PP players by SUPERIOR knowledge and HIGH QUALITY data for you tracking programs

- if you want MORE players to share their experience in here

VOTE FOR HOLZROSE and tell Korn to give him permission to take part in the coaching sessions.

:D (please do)
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      you mustn post that in every thread existing in every forum in the whole internet. And it wouldnt help you anyway.

btw pokerstrategy has professional translaters, why should they need your help?
    • holzrose
      holzrose
      Basic
      a) i dont

b) if those guys are professionals, they have serious issues
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      sry im no english expert, what means your last sentence? Issues is "Ausgaben" for me, but with that translation I cant translate the whole sentence with any sense...
    • holzrose
      holzrose
      Basic
      issues means problems.

and just to tell you what i mean:

1) That is why all hands have to be played flexible
      2) Playing at a low limit could mean that you do not care enough and start playing reckless.
      3)...but it's frequency...
      4)You can not figure it out...

or just sentences like this

High Pocket Pairs are the hands with the highest value at Texas Hold'em. This counts for all types of the game - be it shorthanded or in multiway pots at full-ring tables, be it in passive or aggressive games).

Honestly, this WILL annoy the living daylight out of ANY native speaker. Often you just find plain MISTAKES, and sometimes it is just dreadfully muddled.
      I mean - What on earth. Just read the above. If you are actually paying someone to make this kind of work, you really got fooled ^^
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      Maybe your right, but I am no friend of this kind of critizism.

1. What are the right translation of the qoutet phrases? (Im very interested in your translations)
      2. Are you able to translate 100 articles without making some mistakes?
      3. Is your tone constructive or destructive?
    • holzrose
      holzrose
      Basic
      My tone is destructive.

but go ask urself why, its u saying: We dont need your bloody help, we`re big boys who can afford to pay other people to do the translations. What do you think my reaction will be when I see mistakes like that in a text that is claimed to be written by a professional?

I am offering my help - for free - so that I can maybe CONTRIBUTE to pokerstrategy`s successfulness (and participate in the coachings, which doesnt cost you jack).

and the right translations would have been

1) That is why all hands have to be played flexibly
      2) Playing at a low limit could mean that you do not care enough and start playing recklessly.
      3)...but its frequency...
      4)You cannot figure it out...

and Im not saying that I can do things perfectly well, but I AM saying, that I am doing them for free, and I would be happy to them.

Ofcourse I dont see any problems in mistakes like that. Whether its sloppiness or just a typing error. However, my point is, that THE MORE people you have who are actually capable of checking stuff like that, the better. Especially when people wanna do it voluntarily.

Ait, my final point being:

Im not demanding anything. I offer my help because I realize that you dont wanna give coaching-access to all the morons out there. That is why I thought about what I could do in return and THAT is what I came up with. Now - if you say we dont need your services, that is fine. But please dont come along with a sentence like "We have professionals doing that" when the whole english section looks like what it looks like. Cause THAT is a destructive tone, no more no less. You may not like me cause I went on whining in the German forum, but thats not the way to handle things.

Bottom Line (after my final point :D ):

Im not perfect either, but I offer you my help in return for coaching access. Doesnt cost you, doesnt harm you. If you dont want to, ill accept it.
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      Why everybody thinks Im Part of the Pokerstrategy-Company? Im not. If I say: "The Company has worked well before you came and it will work well without you. So there is no need (like survival, i.e.) to fall on anybodies knees, for your help." it is my meaning, but that must not be the meaning of pokerstrategy. I think, that it would sound much better, if you would think how YOU could pay for the extra-saussage of getting coaching without a pp account.

btw. there are many of these small mistakes in every article/german post, too. You cant be fullconcentrated all the day. But I think, too, that one or two lectors could help very much in that point.
    • holzrose
      holzrose
      Basic
      The Company is working great... so does the German Section...

Why everybody thinks Im Part of the Pokerstrategy-Company?

why do you think that i think that? I dont think i do. Might be a good point. Why do people always come up with a reason for not doing things instead of just accepting the ones that are there for doing it.

I think, that it would sound much better, if you would think how YOU could pay for the extra-saussage of getting coaching without a pp account.

I think Im losing my will to live here... What do you think im doing here? What do you think I was doing in the German thread? Im actually spelling it out to you, I am ASKING you... WHAT CAN I DO?

Except for PAYING you (which i have suggested in the German thread) and translating articles for you (which is a hell of a work) I cant see any possibilities. And - as I have said before - this is what I came up with. Thats all there is to it.