[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr (Sss) Qq

• wowadvisor
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 7 folds, UTG raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.95) A:club: , 2:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.90, UTG raises to $5.09 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.46 (All-In).

Turn: ($8.50) K:club:
      River: ($8.50) 6:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $8.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Qd)
      UTG shows two pairs, aces and sixes (Ad 6d)

UTG wins with two pairs, aces and sixes (Ad 6d)

What did I do wrong here? I should have check folded when villian went all in because there is an ace?
  • 6 replies
    • YerzY
      I think PUSH IT pre flop.
      When U R on flop Cbet is ok, but U bet more than half of your remaining stack so it's better to push all-in on flop.
      But if u look to basic articles u find chart which say something like
      if there is raise behind U, then U push all-in with QQ even if when your remaining stack to your invested money is higher then 4:1
    • wowadvisor
      with push it you mean all in? :)

i see but even if i did the all in push, i would still have lost right?
    • Gafny
      push to his reraise preflop.

as played your c-bet is more than 50% of your stack so you should also push here.

yes push means to move all-in :)

You would have lost, but that doesn't matter! You would win 70% of all cases where you go all in with QQ vs A6 preflop, thus in long term this will show great profit. Make a note on the guy for making such terrible play as to reraise preflop with A6 and welcome him to your board the next time you see him online =)
    • wowadvisor
      thank you :) i got a program that makes automatic notes on everybody so he is already marked next time i see him :evil:
    • ysessa
      Hi wowadvisor,

we dont call preflop with ss strategy push allin preflop would be the right play. Btw thanks guys really nice helping in the community.

Best Regards

• wowadvisor