Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $13,66
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) K:diamond: , 3:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,95) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1,30, UTG2 calls $1,30.

River: ($4,55) J:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4,55
  • 9 replies
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      nh
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      i like your line , nh
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      your line its ok
      you could also check behind turn and reevaluate river ( bet if he checks again) but its a spot where you get just one more street of value if you are ahead and that street is probably turn
      gl
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      I think I have to be retarded because I don't understand why you all say its nh ?( Raise from utg2 and tigh range K on the flop what are we beating here?

http://www.PokerStrategy.com
      Proces zakończony... 102 960 gier w 0 Sekundy.

Board: Kd 4c 3s
      Dead:

Equity Wygrana Remis Zagubiona Ręka
      Gracz 1: 62,202% 61,721% 0,962% 37,317% 88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+, KQo
      Gracz 2: 37,798% 37,317% 0,962% 61,721% 9s9h

----------------------------------------

I'm not sure if I gave him good range (I think too loose) anyway we are still pretty much behind.

I just started NL so I have LOTS of leaks, maybe I'm missing something.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Cześć Macias! ;)

I guess he easily has AQ or even AJ in his range as well as lower pocket pairs like 88, 77 or 66. He might also give up TT, JJ or QQ on K-high board if he doesn't win with a cbet.

What's more, I would play 22 or 33 the same way here often, just as KQ or KJ (I'm not calling preflop with those, but he can't be sure).

At least that was my reasoning.

@Edit - I'm not putting him on KQ or KJ - they are not very probable I guess.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      If id been the villain id have bluff fired the third barrel at you, and if you called it down and won, youd be note-tagged as a sherriff for me to exploit later :)

Unless you had that guy marked as a serial bluffer?

edit -

First call you bet 50c on him not having K or if so, catching a 9 and taking an all-in vs top pair. Rem win potential was $9, so you bet on 18-1. Odds were 23.5-1. Bad EV on the 9s.

Second call was $1.30 with a rem win potential of $8.5, so somewhere close to 6-1. Odds 23-1. Horrible EV on the 9s.

If that fish had some stones theyd have fired the third barrel, and calling it down without a solid tell on them bluffing would have been a complete crying call / nearly a donkey play.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I like your line, but you are prob beat here lol
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      If id been the villain id have bluff fired the third barrel at you, and if you called it down and won, youd be note-tagged as a sherriff for me to exploit later :)

I'd have folded on turn if he bet. And no offence, but bluffbeting three streets is certainly something more exploitable than my play.

First call you bet 50c on him not having K or if so, catching a 9 and taking an all-in vs top pair. Rem win potential was $9, so you bet on 18-1. Odds were 23.5-1. Bad EV on the 9s.

I'm obviously not calling for set value there. I'm calling with the intention of betting the turn when he checks to me and winning the pot right there.

Second call was $1.30 with a rem win potential of $8.5, so somewhere close to 6-1. Odds 23-1. Horrible EV on the 9s.

There was no second call. Just doing what I intended to do by calling flop.

If that fish had some stones theyd have fired the third barrel, and calling it down without a solid tell on them bluffing would have been a complete crying call / nearly a donkey play.

He actually has decent stats for this limit and I don't think he's a fish. And I think you've misread the hand, he didn't bet on the turn.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You are right, I misread that you called him on the turn, not vice versa, which pretty much scraps everything I said. Im not sure if calling the raiser with a hidden second pair and a K on the board is more or less exploitable than a proper 3 barrel bluff, remembering what I said was based on my stupid mistake in thinking you had calling-stationed.

After rereading id have bailed on the villain's flop bet unless you had a read on the villain that said "weak bluff".