I dont know what im doing wrong (sss)

• wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Im playing short stack strategy no limit 0.05 / 0.10 cent limits.

I was doing well and was up to around 115 dollars and now im down to 40 dollars over the last week!!!

I dont know what im doing wrong?!!?

i started posting hands i lost in the evaluation forums so hopefully i will learn from those but i printed the starting hand chart.. and what to do when i have a made hand, draw or trash hand and also the chart when somebody raises me if i should go all in or fold...

Im doing exactly what it says...

Im playing 6 tables on mansion and on average I got around 1 starting hand start every 20 or 30 minutes or so ...

I got stats program and i have hundreds of hands recorded on many players im up against.. so i know how they will react!

IM STILL LOSING everything! AK lost to 67 , AA lost to JJ etc :(

Please give me some advice?
  • 21 replies
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      learn how to steal and resteal
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi ya wowadvisor,

If you are certain that you are playing each and every hand the correct way pre- and post-flop then it may just be varience which is very much part of the SSS, especially at the micro stakes IMO.

I would suggest going over the hands that you have lost the most money with in a replayer to make sure that they were played 100% correctly pre- and post-flop. As for AK losing to 67 and AA losing to JJ then this is something that will happen from time to time and you need to understand that in the long time these hands will be +ev.

From my personal experience when i lost 15-20 BI's in a row i found that the majority of the losses were down to my own leaks, maybe you will find the same.

Regards,

-TheBu11d0g
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      I read the steals / resteal article several times already but its difficult to understand.. but i already raise when im in BU or SB with good enough cards to steal the blind money :(

i just lose too many starting hands from the chart :(
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      well i did notice i made a few mistakes like not folding QQ and JJ or AK when other people were betting heavy and when there was an overcard on the flop...

but that was many days ago! today i lost another 10 dollars by following the exact strategy :(

it might the players.. every table has like 4 - 7 short stack players at any given table... (mansion poker)

so its difficult to play?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Ideally you are only looking to have 3 shortstackers on the table at most. I know its hard to do on Mansion as i'm playing there myself but i just wait until the better tables become available.

To be honest with you its not difficult to play SSS at all. I find using proper table selection helps alot and also having plenty of patience as well. I've been playing on Mansion since the beginning of February and i'm up 12.5 BI's so maybe by using table selection and looking for the better tables, if you don't already, you can start to turn the swing around in your favour.

Regards,

-TheBu11d0g
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      wow bulldog, your winning on mansion using SSS? :D . How many tables now? I think i was going wrong in the fact that i was playing 12 tables!?!

Anyway good luck...
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Ha ha ha, you cheeky f@@ker king.

Im playing 6 on Mansion now......Wooooohoooooo lol
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      lol, if i played 6 i would be a winning player... espicially now that when the points update i will be getting my elephant licence :D
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      kingdippy!! hey i always see you at the tables ! playing sss and WINNING!!

im so angry i cant figure out whats going wrong :(
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      haha oh yh i remember... dont be fooled by that one table... all together im down about $25 and if its wasnt for NL2 donks i would be down even more!!!
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      sss doesnt seem to work at mansionpoker :(
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      well bulldog says it working for him. i think you just have to table select. I would say allow 20 mins before you start your session to put your self on waiting lists for the fishy tables.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      table selection is IMPOSSIBLE on mansion...

when i find a great table... it has a 15 person queue.. so by the time the 15 people are in the table.. the whole table has changed and probably has 8 short stackers by the time i can enter!
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I agree that it is hard work on Mansion, but in my eyes hard work = +ev.

Although the best of the best tables have long waiting lists there are still other tables that can be productive as well, its just a matter of working that bit harder to find them.

I go through the whole list of available tables and get on the waiting lists of maybe 10 or 12 tables. At the start of my session i maybe playing only 1 or 2 tables for 10/15 minutes or so before the others become available, sometimes it can be longer or shorter in time.

Its not impossible on Mansion, you just have to put the graft in to be rewarded.

Regards,

-TheBu11d0g
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      hi, wowadvisor
      from my experience with titan and mansion, I can give you 2 choices I consider the best ones:

a. if you are willing to make a(nother) deposit or are able to withdraw, go put your money somewhere else. ipoker is a nightmare for most micro limits sss players. if a NL 10 table has more than 4 big stacks, the waiting list grows like it's one of negreanu's personal training tables...just play heads-up with the mansion cash and go!

b. if you have another platform for NL, I would suggest tourneys on mansion

cheers!
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      I want to switch to partypoker with my bankroll, is this a good place for sss?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Theres a lot less short stackers and in general it is probably easier at party. But today i tried a little "advanced SSS" on mansion (ipoker) today. Now really you can only do this with stats like elephant but i can tell you that with table selection and steals and resteals it is profitable. You would be surprised how many people fold to steals. Not only do the SSS'ers fold a lot but even a lot of the BSS's. I found 2 today who over 250s hand each (no sample size at all i know) had a fold BB to steal of 95% and an Attempt to steal/Open raise late of 10% which i can imagine is nothing.
      But i would say that in the long run, going to Party is probably a good idea. Not only is it looser and easier to SSS but you also gain 2-3 times as many SP's. (if you account is tracked)
      I think over something like 5k hands i gained 300 SPs.

Anyway good luck with whatever you do!

-Kingdippy
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      If your poker interface has "players per flop", order it high-low and get on the high players per flop tables.

This is loose calling action that you want as vTAG SSS.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      As Hasenbraten says it doesnt really matter what table you join, since on these limits there's plenty of bad players. But selection helps too.

I'm guessing you are playing out of BRM and/or have some big leaks. Remember that most regulars know how to beat a SSS.