NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($49.23)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($170)
      UTG+1 ($28.99)
      Hero ($50)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: 5:diamond:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $2,

FLOP ($5.75) 7:club: 9:club: 7:heart:

UTG bets $1.50, Hero raises to $6.48, UTG calls $4.98,

TURN ($18.71) 7:club: 9:club: 7:heart: J:spade:

check, Hero bets $12.33, UTG calls $12.33,

RIVER ($43.37) 7:club: 9:club: 7:heart: J:spade: 6:diamond:

check, check,

70/1 guy 1.2AF, 31 fold to c-bet
  • 3 replies
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Hi Talic,

I'm not sure about isolating with 55. I like to limp behind, but maybe I'm a nit in those spots :) .

Raising donkbets is usually a good thing, but I think just folding would be better in this spot. Yeah, his hand is probably weak, but the board is super drawheavy. He already told you he's got some interest in the hand by betting. I think he's continuing with a huge % of his range if you raise. You bet the J again. I don't like it. It completes a straight and puts even more draws out there and he's probably not folding if he called on the flop.
      All in all, I just don't think trying to bluff out a calling station with an underpair on a super super drawheavy board is the best thing. You have no equity yourself at all, so you will need him to fold a lot to make this hand profitable.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Flop raise is fine
      Pf raise is also fine
      I think I´d check back turn and fold to river bet.
      Betting turn is also fine, but don´t think you´re ahead there too many times and doubt that UTG would fold if you bet again on the turn, so I prefer checking back on the turn and hope for free showdown.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Flop raise is fine
      Pf raise is also fine
      I think I´d check back turn and fold to river bet.
      Betting turn is also fine, but don´t think you´re ahead there too many times and doubt that UTG would fold if you bet again on the turn, so I prefer checking back on the turn and hope for free showdown.
      Pfr I understand.
      Flop raise I understand, although it's gonna be high variance in this case considering there will be further streets, and imo maybe -ev here.
      But cmon, after that just give up? Otherwise I'd just shove the river too and hope he folds a better hand. You have almost no showdown value at all imo. This evaluation really boggles my mind and I strongly disagree, but so be it.