In-game equilator?

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

I am wondering if there is a program that would be integrated into your poker window (like poker elephant HUD) which would tell you what are your odds versus a random hand (the stats would change on flop, etc). I noticed that when I go all-in before river, I can see my odds. But what about before showdown?

Thank you for your help!

Primož
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Primzi,

While these kind of programs are possible and have (or do) exist we have purposely left such features out of the Elephant. The reason is quite simple: most poker rooms don't allow such powerful software since it comes close to cheating. As such using software capable of these kind of things can get you banned from the site.

The most sites allow you to blend in the current pots size - allowing you to make a rough pot-odds calculation - which you can compare to some of the charts in the strategy articles about the odds of various things hitting (e.g. OESD). This should be enough :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for the explanation :) .

I guess I'll just stick to multi tabling and not using equilator :) .
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Thank you very much for the explanation :) .

I guess I'll just stick to multi tabling and not using equilator :) .
      I would use equilator AFTER the session to analyse if you played hands correctly. You can actually equilate not only your own hands that you post in the hand evaluation forum - but also try to evaluate other people's hands there. This will not only give you practice in thinking about different situations but also get the general equities of certain ranges against other ranges into your head - allowing you to make better decisions at the table :)

Best regards
      SoyCD