Quests from guests

• Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      !Quests from guests!

Welcome to this blog where you will follow my every day adventure. Questing myself through the hands, rake and other hurdles. I almost feel like Uncle Sam when saying ‘I want you’. I truly do, because without the input of you guys, this blog will slowly die somewhere in the 270th page of the forum.

The idea is to pick a quest from a guest every morning. One main quest that will set out my day and four side quests that will enhance my day, productivity or anything else. Be creative, because it is all up to you. Of course I will see to it that it will stay within the levels I play and that it is actually possible – So please be supportive while creating quests.

When me choosing your quest is not yet rewarding enough, I will promise you percentages of the profits that come from this quest! We will be filthy rich at the end of the ride. And by ‘we’ I mean probably something like 90% for me and 10% for you guys. I willl keep a database of quest givers. The more quests I took from you, the more respect you earn and the more percentage you will get. So it will be wise to read my blog, follow me and adapt to the way I think when you deliver me your quests!

For now I will start with 10% of the profits from the main quest and 2% of the daily profit per side quest! Notice the difference that side quests earn from the whole day and main quest only from the quest itself (so let’s say part of the main quest consists of playing 4000 hands, you get 10% over the first 4000 hands played).
      Edit!! Will cap the amounts to a max of $3 for main and $1 per side
      An example:
      Day #18
      Profits: $30,65
      First 4000 hands: $17.00
      Person 1 supplied mainquest of 4000 hands: $1.70
      Person 2 supplied 2 sidequests: $1.20
      Person 3 supplied 1 sidequest: $0.60
      Person 4 supplied 1 sidequest: $0.60

This system will greatly enhance my poker experience. I will have goals set every day, I will have way more motivation than ever and will be more determined.

Here is a quick graph and some numbers of me beating NL5 – NL30.

And one from my MTT life with an average BI of $3.50

I will be playing around 6 hours a day from Monday to Friday during office hours. My start will be at NL5 with regular tables or fastforward at Party Poker. When somebody shows up with a Tournament day I will also consider this.
      On Saturday and Sunday I plan nothing, but perhaps I can schedule some time for doing studies or something else poker related.

Once again be creative when coming up with tasks, because I like things that take us out of the ordinary.
      Some basic ideas
      Main quest
      • Play x amount of hands
      • While playing x amount of tables (fastforward)
      • Read article x and y
      • Review 5 hands in the hand forum
      • Analyse 5 hands of your own
      • Etc. etc.
      Some side quest ideas
      • Work out
      • Cook specific meal
      • Read a book
      • Draw something

When I accept a quest, I will make sure any pictures of results will be here in this blog at the end of the day.
      Money transfers will take place at the site I play, which is Party Poker. I am still wondering whether I should do this at the end of every day or making up the balance every friday.

P.s. Since I am not a pokergod or capable of winning every flip, there might actually be a day that your quest is worth nothing or only a few cents. In this case you will have to live with just the honor.

¡Quests from guests¡
  • 18 replies
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      I will start my journey on monday the 7th of August. For this start I would like to begin with 2 tables of NL5 fastforward. So please include this in your main quest ideas! :f_love:

Also I am quite curious about what you guys think of the idea so far.
      Probably needs some tweaking here and there, but I guess the main concept is quite fun!
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Usernejm,

Looking forward to reading future quests and great opening / welcome post :f_thumbsup:

Your first quest sir!

Monty Python And The Holy Grail

Old Man from Scene 24:
      Stop! WHAT is your name?
      King Arthur: It is Arthur, King of the Britons!
      Old Man from Scene 24: WHAT is your quest?
      King Arthur: To seek the Holy Grail!
      Old Man from Scene 24: WHAT is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
      King Arthur: What do you mean? African or European swallow?
      Old Man from Scene 24: I, I don't know that! *gets pulled to the sky and thrown down the Gorge of Eternal Peril*
      Sir Bedevere: How do you know so much about swallows?
      King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're king, and part of the Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now! y'know.

Good luck in your quests & Subbed :f_drink:

Regards

Matt
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Right on Metalmonkey, can't let the King of the Britons down - Opted in.
      Now, does anyone require a shrubbery? :f_grin:

Tomorrow is the start and would be cool if I don't have to start off with my very own quest.
    • la55i
      la55i
      You play in party? I guess they have something like spin and go? :)
      Play 10 of those and do 10 push ups between them :f_biggrin:

Is that ok or do you want to play cash only? :f_grin:
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Party poker decided to call her variant:
      Sit & Go Hero

I guess they got rid of the creative naming team. :f_mad:
      (Or perhaps it is so normal that it is in fact genius?)

Anyway great input!!!
      What if I consider it to be a sidequest? After every cashgame session an obligatory Spin & Go - followed by 10 push ups? :f_biggrin:

Main quest should fill at least some hours in my opinion.
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Quick update on my today activities.

I started the $2.20 first round of satellite towards the $215,- Heavyweight: The title fight. (250k gtd)
      Currently in the $44,- round where there are 50 tickets to be given away for the main event. We are in level 3 and only 85 players have entered so far (late reg ends at end of level 8, with 10 minutes per level).

Seems doable :f_cool:

Ps. Still looking for a quest for tomorrow people :f_love:
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      I would like a shrubbery to place here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle. :f_thumbsup:

Good Luck in the bankroll challenge and the satellite :f_drink:

Tomorrows quest request ??
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      I would like a shrubbery to place here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle. :f_thumbsup:

Good Luck in the bankroll challenge and the satellite :f_drink:

Tomorrows quest request ??
      Cheers!
      I feel like you are already always next to me, with coconuts clapping, guiding me! :f_biggrin:

Day 1 started and I shall set off with my own boring main quest. I truly need some creative input from you guys! Here it comes:

Main
      [ ] Play 2000 hands on NL5 FastForward while playing a maximum of 2 tables..
      A session can't take longer than 45 minutes. Any other activities on the pc are forbidden during the session.
      Side
      [ ] After every session, play a $1 Spin & Go, followed by 10 push ups. (By la55i)
      [ ] Start reading The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity (By metalmonkey80) See the spoiler for the master himself in action

[ ] Vacuum + mop whole apartment at 1400 to start the last sessions even more fresh (Le moi)
      [ ] Cook some sick ass Tortillas (Chef Usernejm:f_tongue: )

Here's a random pokerstack, bye
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Goodmorning everyone!

Time to deliver the quests :f_cool:

[x]Mainquest finished @ -13.72$, but decided to grind on and finished -4.99$ after 4285 hands on the fast track.
      I hit literally nothing almost the whole day, but could bend it around in the last session.

Then I decided to hit the regular tables, where I found myself way more comfortable and concentrated, so for sure will cling to the reg tables for today's main quest:

Sidequests:

[/]After my first 4 sessions I played a Spin & Go and it was a disaster, first one my internet decided to call it a day while heads-up with me having 3:1 chiplead.
      Second one was a nope.. and actually third and fourth one as well so I kind of decided to stop it right there. :f_zZz:
      Push ups were done though and it actually helps after a session to get some energy and a reset.
      [x]Then I started reading this guide and it is quite activating you, so I should find some time to put this effort in.
      Overall it is truly interesting, but it take some huge changes in life. Good thing I don't smoke, drink (both alcohol and coffee) and sport 4 times a week already.
      For sure will look more into this guide, thanks metalmonkey80!
      [x]Vacuuming + mopping the apartment is the most genius break I ever had, totally reset my thinking + the house was fresh as never before haha.
      [x] Tortillas were made as intended, but not captured on photo.. I only remembered after I ate the whole thing :f_mad:

A cool hand I would like to share my thoughts on.

Any thoughts from you guys?

Party, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $9.37
      BB: $5.89
      UTG: $5.25
      MP: $5.24
      Hero (CO): $6.89
      BTN: $5

Preflop: Hero is CO with :8c: :8s:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB raises to $0.65, BB calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

SB was 3betting and squeezing a lot, BB coldcalls and since we are all a bit deeper I could now call perfectly to see my 8 coming. Plan was to give up on any action when there would be no 8

Flop: ($2.60) :4d: :Kd: :6s: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.44, 2 folds, BB calls $1.44

Flop I was going to fold when there would be action, but there was none.. I figured SB already gave up his hand by checking as the 3better.
      The BB was interesting, he would coldcall a 3betsq with a hand like TT-QQ or AQ-AK. Seeing he checks behind the 3better I don't put him on the K.
      BU was not my main concern and I decided to bet into them. I could very well represent the K there.

Turn: ($5.48) :6h: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.80 and is all-in, BB folds

Only BB decides to go on, but since I put him on JJ/QQ, I decided to continue showing strength and shove.

Results:
      $5.48 pot ($0.27 rake)
      Final Board: :4d: :Kd: :6s: :6h:
      BB mucked and lost (-$2.09 net)
      Hero mucked :8c: :8s: and won $5.21 ($3.12 net)

Afterwards I deserved watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones and man was I excited afterwards :f_ugly: :f_wink: :f_love:
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Then it's time for some new quests for today!
      I am eager to hit the tables today, ohyeaaa :f_biggrin:

Main
      [ ] Play 3000 hands on NL5 regular tables while playing a minimum of 6 tables..
      A session can't take longer than 60 minutes. Any other activities on the pc are forbidden during the session.
      Side
      [ ] After every session, find an activity to do at home. 1. Tidy bedroom 2. Fill dishwasher 3. prepare lunch etc etc
      [ ] Make sure to activate people that read my blog and have at least 1 main quest submitted for tomorrow.
      [ ] Watch a video on facing 3bets and how to continue Flop and turn.
      [ ] Make a picture of something that defines me as a person and post it here.
    • la55i
      la55i
      About the hand, you call pre to hit a set and when you don't I think most of the time it is better to give up.
      The squeezer could slowplay AA with Ad and KK here. He also can plan to check call most of his pocket pairs. The other caller has a lot of pockets too which might not give up already OTF.
      This time your move worked but I think it is too risky and on the long run you will burn money.
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      About the hand, you call pre to hit a set and when you don't I think most of the time it is better to give up.
      The squeezer could slowplay AA with Ad and KK here. He also can plan to check call most of his pocket pairs. The other caller has a lot of pockets too which might not give up already OTF.
      This time your move worked but I think it is too risky and on the long run you will burn money.
      All right, will adapt asap and get this out of my arsenal!
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      First session, 548/3000.
      Happy with all the plays I made, happy with the music that is playing, happy to tidy up some shit around the house..
      Happy to sit back at the tables in 15 minutes :f_thumbsup:
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Second session just finished and I'm on schedule for the mainquest!
      1240/3000 hands played with a staggering $52.07 profits. Time for lunch and a walk :f_thumbsup:

Afterwards it will be time to make this day even better, can't wait really :f_grin:
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze
      Perfect 20 minute walk, lunch and session:

2046/3000

I would really like to ask you guys to think with me when it comes to quests! :f_love:
      Will call it a day today after 3000 hands probably, hoping to hit a 20BI day!
    • Usernejm
      Usernejm
      Bronze

One more session today and it is done!
      Wanted to watch the video and then play the last session, but there is a huge maniac sitting with 300bb, so can't really let it go. Short break and final session :f_thumbsup:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Howdy, welcome into our BR challenge!

SvenBe
    • la55i
      la55i
      Heyyy,

How's your grind going? We haven't heard anything from you in a long time :)