This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 - Nut flush draw vs. agressive villain

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $9.00
      MP2:
      $11.35
      Hero:
      $24.90
      BU:
      $30.30

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BU calls $0.25, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.35) K:diamond: , 9:heart: , 4:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $1.00, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Turn: ($3.35) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.35) 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, UTG2 calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $11.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Td Ad)
      UTG2 shows a pair of kings (7c Kc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Td Ad)

Did I play this all right? Something tells me I should have folded on the flop because I wasn't getting proper pot odds.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Flop: I would consider raising here.
      Turn: Definitely raise.
      River: And bet for value.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I play shorthanded and would raise preflop, but that might be bad full ring, I don't know.
      Heads up I'd raise the flop in position, but I think calling is the best play here because of the crowd behind you. I'd raise the turn once it gets hu and you hit this draw. You pick up a lot of equity, you have 3J + 9:diamond: = 12 clear outs. That makes about 25% of equity. Besides that your ace might be good. So you won't need him to fold a lot to make the play profitable. But I don't think calling is a mistake because you're getting direct odds to draw, so even just calling is a winning play. I'm not sure what's the best option, maybe even calling is, bet I'd still raise :D .
      I don't like raising the river because your hand looks like a bluff on this blank river. If you really had a strong hand you'd raise earlier to stop draws. Espacially because he's kinda representing a draw. But I do like the thought behind it and it will definitly work sometimes, this is just a bad rivercard to do so.

Edit: Lol I totally misread the hand :D . Thought you were still drawing on the turn.
      call flop
      raise turn
      (raise river)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      I play shorthanded and would raise preflop, but that might be bad full ring, I don't know.
      Heads up I'd raise the flop in position, but I think calling is the best play here because of the crowd behind you. I'd raise the turn once it gets hu and you hit this draw. You pick up a lot of equity, you have 3J + 9:diamond: = 12 clear outs. That makes about 25% of equity. Besides that your ace might be good. So you won't need him to fold a lot to make the play profitable. But I don't think calling is a mistake because you're getting direct odds to draw, so even just calling is a winning play. I'm not sure what's the best option, maybe even calling is, bet I'd still raise :D .
      I don't like raising the river because your hand looks like a bluff on this blank river. If you really had a strong hand you'd raise earlier to stop draws. Espacially because he's kinda representing a draw. But I do like the thought behind it and it will definitly work sometimes, this is just a bad rivercard to do so.

Edit: Lol I totally misread the hand :D . Thought you were still drawing on the turn.
      call flop
      raise turn
      (raise river)
      +1
      Like raising pf
      like raising turn, simply because he bet that small that you want put more money in the pot, before another scare card comes.
      River raise is fine.