$9.00
      MP2:
      $11.35
      Hero:
      $24.90
      BU:
      $30.30

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BU calls $0.25, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.35) K:diamond: , 9:heart: , 4:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $1.00, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Turn: ($3.35) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.35) 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, UTG2 calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $11.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Td Ad)
      UTG2 shows a pair of kings (7c Kc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Td Ad)

Did I play this all right? Something tells me I should have folded on the flop because I wasn't getting proper pot odds.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Flop: I would consider raising here.
      Turn: Definitely raise.
      River: And bet for value.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I play shorthanded and would raise preflop, but that might be bad full ring, I don't know.
      Heads up I'd raise the flop in position, but I think calling is the best play here because of the crowd behind you. I'd raise the turn once it gets hu and you hit this draw. You pick up a lot of equity, you have 3J + 9:diamond: = 12 clear outs. That makes about 25% of equity. Besides that your ace might be good. So you won't need him to fold a lot to make the play profitable. But I don't think calling is a mistake because you're getting direct odds to draw, so even just calling is a winning play. I'm not sure what's the best option, maybe even calling is, bet I'd still raise :D .
      I don't like raising the river because your hand looks like a bluff on this blank river. If you really had a strong hand you'd raise earlier to stop draws. Espacially because he's kinda representing a draw. But I do like the thought behind it and it will definitly work sometimes, this is just a bad rivercard to do so.

Edit: Lol I totally misread the hand :D . Thought you were still drawing on the turn.
      call flop
      raise turn
      (raise river)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      I play shorthanded and would raise preflop, but that might be bad full ring, I don't know.
      Heads up I'd raise the flop in position, but I think calling is the best play here because of the crowd behind you. I'd raise the turn once it gets hu and you hit this draw. You pick up a lot of equity, you have 3J + 9:diamond: = 12 clear outs. That makes about 25% of equity. Besides that your ace might be good. So you won't need him to fold a lot to make the play profitable. But I don't think calling is a mistake because you're getting direct odds to draw, so even just calling is a winning play. I'm not sure what's the best option, maybe even calling is, bet I'd still raise :D .
      I don't like raising the river because your hand looks like a bluff on this blank river. If you really had a strong hand you'd raise earlier to stop draws. Espacially because he's kinda representing a draw. But I do like the thought behind it and it will definitly work sometimes, this is just a bad rivercard to do so.

Edit: Lol I totally misread the hand :D . Thought you were still drawing on the turn.
      call flop
      raise turn
      (raise river)
      +1
      Like raising pf
      like raising turn, simply because he bet that small that you want put more money in the pot, before another scare card comes.
      River raise is fine.