SnG Help with ICM among other things

• DaveJumpman
      DaveJumpman
      Bronze
      Hey guys I have been practising with the ICM trainer for a while now and although i'm getting pretty good at beating the questions i'm struggling to understand alot of the underlying reasons for some of the moves.

I was wondering what the best way to learn ICM is. As i said i'm using the trainer but i think i answer questions just from memory a bit to often and I'm not sure whether i completly understand why I should push QQ after two raises in some spots.

Also while i'm at it i would be forever in someones debt if anyone from my time zone (Australia) GMT +10 would be up for doing a user to user coaching type session as i know there are flaws in my game but im struggling to figure them out myself atm.

I am currently breaking even on the $1 / $3 SnG's at PartyPoker
      BR: $100

Thanks in Advance guys,

Dave :D
  • 2 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi Dave!

Breaking even at these is actually a pretty nice accomplishment since the rake is very high here. That means once you beat this level your winrate should be really nice at the higher levels..
      Have you tried the ICM trainer light? although it's not that great of a tool for actually practicing ICM it is pretty good introduction to the topic, IMO. Also if you start going to coachings a lot you will start to understand the basic concepts of ICM pretty quickly...
      I guess you only call with QQ after two all ins if they are very short and therefore have to be very loose..
    • Barbarendave
      Barbarendave
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I strongly recommend the book "Kill everyone" if you want to go a little deeper into the ICM stuff, they have great explanations about bubblefactors and tournament equties in there.
      It´s also important for your SnG play, to adept the ICM-model to the limit you play. I play SNGs for 1,5 years now and moved up through all Limits from 1$-55$ and really made the experience, how you have to adept your ranges on each Limit. The ICM training is a good base for your decision, but experience on the limit you play is also very, very important. So don´t play too many tables at once, but watch your opponents to get a impression of their ranges. On the lowlimits it´s not important to make notes on single players, there are too many and also most of them play quite equal, so you just gotta get a feeling for the limit not for each player, if someone breaks out of the patterns, it does not matter, because its not very often.

btw: sry for my english, I am german ;)