$9.30
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $10.75
      CO:
      $5.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG2 raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, UTG2 raises to $3.90, MP3 folds, Hero calls $1.90.

Flop: ($8.45) 3:club: , 6:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.40 (All-In), UTG2 calls $5.40.

Turn: ($19.25) 7:spade:

River: ($19.25) J:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qh Qd)
      UTG2 shows high card ace with king kicker (Ah Ks)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qh Qd)

Standard?
  • 3 replies
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      nh yes
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      I doesn't like the preflop call of the 3bet oop. I shove here.

I shove because i will get payed off from hands like AK,TT,JJ,AQ and so on. You are committed anyway if you call the 3bet preflop if you have an overpair on the flop. Your only chance to get away from this hand is if an Ace or a King flops. But still in this situation you might fold the best hand. But if no K or A flops you won't get value from hands like AQ, AK without a hit that often.

So depending on reads i fold QQ preflop against a 3bet oop because i don't wanna flip if villain is a nit but against an unknown villain or a loose one on NL10 i shove QQ because their are all-in calling range is wide enough.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by soucy
      I doesn't like the preflop call of the 3bet oop. I shove here.

I shove because i will get payed off from hands like AK,TT,JJ,AQ and so on. You are committed anyway if you call the 3bet preflop if you have an overpair on the flop. Your only chance to get away from this hand is if an Ace or a King flops. But still in this situation you might fold the best hand. But if no K or A flops you won't get value from hands like AQ, AK without a hit that often.

So depending on reads i fold QQ preflop against a 3bet oop because i don't wanna flip if villain is a nit but against an unknown villain or a loose one on NL10 i shove QQ because their are all-in calling range is wide enough.
      agree
      shove it preflop if you think you are ahead . doesnt makes much sense to call it oop and and be put in a tough spot postflop
      gl