1 $ SnG's

• 15 replies
    • cieniu9
      cieniu9
      Bronze
      not so "cashy" for them ! and also for you. try 3$ 3 first wins instead of 2
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      The $1 pays the top 3 players.

$4
      $2.40
      $1.60

I have a really hard time finding them....
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      this is the first day im finding a lots of tables. Great, if I wasnt losting 10 bi's today :(
    • pieter80
      pieter80
      Bronze
      a hour ago i played 4 at one time and there where more. so i guess its just timing.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I just looked on partypoker just now and checked out the $1 sng's but i didnt' see where they list how much they pay (ex. first place $4, second place $3, etc.)
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I tried to play 2 sng's at a time and i'm getting burned out from it. Is there an easier way to get partypoints faster? Cause i'm getting like 0.4 points per $1 SNG and its taking forever.... to get to 300 points
    • Flipzors
      Flipzors
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ironmask92
      I just looked on partypoker just now and checked out the $1 sng's but i didnt' see where they list how much they pay (ex. first place $4, second place $3, etc.)
      Dante63s posted this above you:

The $1 pays the top 3 players.

$4
      $2.40
      $1.60

I tried to play 2 sng's at a time and i'm getting burned out from it. Is there an easier way to get partypoints faster? Cause i'm getting like 0.4 points per $1 SNG and its taking forever.... to get to 300 points
      Try SSS at NL .05/.1 if your bankroll permits it.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      If you recently got your initial 50$ the easiest way to make the 300 partypoints is to use SSS on NL10 FR. You can make it in less than 10 days without having to do heavy multitabling or playing long hours.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      whats NL10 FR?
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I'm having a really hard time find a table that has at least 7 players and have less then 2 people with short stacks. Everyone basically has short stacks except like 1 or 2 people. Would BSS be more suitable since everyone has such short stacks?
    • ismarrenan
      ismarrenan
      Bronze
      To turn a SNG profitable you have to play at least 4tables, imo
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      I'm having a really hard time find a table that has at least 7 players and have less then 2 people with short stacks. Everyone basically has short stacks except like 1 or 2 people. Would BSS be more suitable since everyone has such short stacks?
      Since I also had that problem at partypoker, i began playing BSS at NL2 and it's quite easy ABC poker. Study BSS before playing and play by that PS strategy before you find your own style within BSS. Before I realised i stepped up from FR BSS NL2 with 4 tables to 16 tables. But ALWAYS be sure to play within your confort zone in limit and tables.

Other possible solution is to waste more time in table selection on NL10 SSS and playing in the highest traffic hours. e.g. 19h-24h GMT

GL
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      To play profitably on partypoker, you need to go somewhere where the rake does not suck. After all, forget bankroll management if you cannot even beat the limit. I have made similar posts in other places about how much partypoker sucks but I will repeat here:

Partypoker's rake SUCKS at least on the low limits. Up to .25/.50 (someone verify this) you are paying about 7.5% rake. Sit n go's are even worse! Here are some numbers.

$1 SNG = (0.75 + 0.25) for a whopping 25% tournament fee
      $3 SNG = (2.50 + 0.50) for a still astonishing 17% fee
      $6 SNG = (5.00 + 1.00) same %

It is only at the $11 level where rake is even competitive with other sites. With pokerstrategy's starting capital this is an amazingly bad BRM if you start at $11. Still, if you want to play SNGs then you have no choice but to avoid the $1 SNGs. If you feel that desperate urge, you have to start at the $3 level (still bad with <20 bi)

Furthermore, party is the only site where u lose starting capital if you dont get X fpp in Y time. You have 3 months to get 150 partypoints. After that the money can and should come off the site. You have plenty of options, but they almost all have some kind of fee or minimum amount to take off or something stupid like that.

Find this stuff out BEFORE picking a site (and sorry for the bad news)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I believe they can be beat even inspite the big rake. I am playing 2$ and 5$ on iPoker, the 2$ have 20%rake but i beat them.

Go for big tournaments, i hope the rake is smaller there (on iPoker it's 10% even if they are 1$ or 0.50$)
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Hi everyone i was wondering if you could advise me what to do. I currently have $150 BR with 1350 points on PP, once i get 1500 i can get the $100 bonus. I'm contemplating whether i should move up to the $3 sng's as i'm currently playing the $1 - breaking even beacuse of the rake and suck outs all the time. Do you think its too much of a risk for me to move up or do you think i can move up playing 4 tables etc?

Swire