Road to somewhere -- 888 experience - getting back into it

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think a blog might help me trough the tilt part of my play so why not try it on.
      I don`t expect many to read it but I`ll try to focus my attention here mostly when I`m tilting and hopefully that will save me some bucks.

My name is Bogdan , I`m 20 years old , student at Computer Science in Cluj Romania and have been playing poker for like 4 years maybe. Never tried to play seriously tho until a while ago.Been playing mostly live with friends but 2 months ago started I deposited 100$ on Mansion and tought I start from there.

Following an aggressive bankroll(I think) I started BSS on NL4 but moved up quickly to NL10 at about 140$ and went on there for about a month and got my roll up to ~220$.Then exam period came I took a 6 week break and when I came back to find NL10 full of tighter players(found out after about the second toll there so makes sense) so after giving it a lot of tought I moved up to NL20 with the tought of moving down if I get to <160$.

Got some nasty beats and I lost 2 buy-ins and was close to the moving down a limit but after a day`s break things started going better. Went up to ~320$ but today I got another ugly beat coming down to about 250$ after maybe the worse beat I got so far a lot of hands I had dominated on a suckout board. That got me on tilt and I was almost ready to give it up and get with all my roll on a NL20 table but somehow I managed not to and that`s when I tought I give this a try.

So from now on I will try to update my progress here when I remember and especially when I`m tilting :D Maybe even post some hands or other facs that I think are interesting.

:spade: Unlock my bonus from 888

Distant goals:
      :heart: Get platinum [x]
      :heart: Get a bankroll by the summer which whom I can afford a trip somewhere nice around europe and still be able to start from NL25 somewhere after (having in mind about 2k)
  • 29 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Seems like this wont end. Another session another 2Bi lost.Down to 220$ now. :/
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      The finish was better than the start and got to 280$ at the end. A call that made my day:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $16.42
      Hero:
      $38.18

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , J:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.00, 5 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.30) 8:heart: , 4:heart: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.70) 8:club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.00, UTG calls $2.00.

River: ($8.70) 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.00, UTG calls $6.00.

Final Pot: $20.70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Kh Jh)
      UTG shows a pair of eights (As Jd)

Hero wins with a flush, king high (Kh Jh)

What the hell was he thinking ? :D
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Guess I should update this. Thanks god the bad streak didn`t last too long. Things ran smoothly in the last two sessions. My roll is up to 380ish now. Also tried 6 tabling (was 4 tabling till now) and that worked up well so far. Still need 380 points until elephant license but I hope I can do that till the end of the week.

Currently winning 4BB/100 after 15k hands. Not a lot of a sample size but hope to keep this up.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Another good session 6 tabling NL20 fr. Got my roll to 420$. Hopefully this will keep up. I`m thinking of switching my roll from mansion to another platform tho after I make the points needed for elephant.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      You are on fire! Nice winnigs so far... About switching your roll.. You don't have to wait for the licence to switch. You can just create the new account through pokerstrategy and use one of the first deposit bonuses and you will be collecting strategy point on the new platform, too..
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Was thinking of fulltilt or partypoker and they don`t allow retracking.

Anyway graphs of last week:

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Ok don`t even know if i`m playing good or if cards love me but another session ended with my roll an ~490 despite 3 buyins lost in AA vs KK and another 2 suckouts. I just hope this never ends :D

Oh and tried 9 tabling now and seemed succesfull
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      Hi bogdan, GG. Nice to see, you doing well. I too play on mansion and mostly SSS player, hope you are not the one who is destroying my BR ;) .
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Nice graph...
      Keep up the good work :)

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Another good mini-session. Roll got to ~540$ now.

Time for a note to self. Stop being so pissed when you get sucked out , they go both ways.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $19.98
      Hero:
      $22.61

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , A:club:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, 4 folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.70) 9:club: , 2:club: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.70, BB raises to $19.18 (All-In), Hero calls $17.48.

Turn: ($40.06) 7:club:
      River: ($40.06) 9:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $40.06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of aces (Ah Ac)
      BB shows a full-house, nines full of deuces (2d 2h)

Hero wins with a full-house, nines full of aces (Ah Ac)

Still don`t know exactly what to think about this but I know it`s -EV. Was thinking in the short time i had well he bets all in in a smallish pot so he can`t be good. He might do this with like a flush draw with 2 overs , 9x , 22 or if he`s bad even with a flush draw or almost any PP with a backdoor flush so decided to call in the end.

Anyway I`ll just keep this hand here to remind me suckouts go both ways.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Finished day like an idiot. Got sucked out a couple of time and started tilting. I knew I was tilting but still had a hard time stopping. So session ended -3BI. Bankroll now at 480$. Will have to work a lot on the psychological part
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Another note to self. Take better count of the reverse implied with low flush draws. Flushes that hit been a bitch , most money lost there .

roll ~500$
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      This day was the worst I ever experienced. Felt like I was haunted by Aces. Got them like 10 times but 60% of time opponent flops set and I lost a big chunk of money right there and as if that was not enough tilt came up pretty fast. Lost about 5 buy ins so it`s time for a break and a change of attitude. I just have to stop tilting so fast.

So I`m going to a mini-vacation with some friends for the weekend then hopefully try to come back with new mentality. I`ll have to switch my bankroll from mansion because I can`t play from my student hostel any IPoker platform and some input there would be nice.

Anyway my objectives changed :

1. Play 2+ hours a day whenever I can 6-tabling Nl25
      2. Take more time to analyze the sessions
      3. Post more hands and try to improve my play
      4. Read all gold articles as soon as possible
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Got back from the trip. Gonna take some time until I can switch my roll, I`ll use that time to read some articles and maybe watch some videos.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Ok , didn`t update this in a while but I`ll try to post on a daily basis now. Decided to give 888 a try. I deposited like 3 days ago 400$ there and with the 100$ instant bonus started BS NL20 with high hopes. Can`t complain about results so far being up 100$ and moving up to NL30 but boy is this site a piece of work.

First the interface is one of the most retarded I ever played so far , no doubt there. And then the players ... never seen so many donks and fishes in one spot. Guys here will play for stacks with bottom pair no kicker and no draws and even many of the "regulars" will see a top pair good kicker as the nuts. I never tought playing NL20 / NL30 could be so swingy. I mean I`m up 8BI in 3 hours then down 7 in another 3 when donk start hitting their trashes. But like I said in the begining , can`t complain much.

Not sure tho how to change my game. I think I`m playing some ~20/16 - ish right now SH but can`t be sure since I can`t use any trackers here and don`t have any history available. I could tighten up a little seeing how ridicoulously loose most of these guys are but I could also loosen up a bit and play more hand considering how ridicoulously BAD most of them are. I`ll have to give it some more tought tho.

For now my objectives are to clear my bonus(witch seems hard as hell) and see what to do from there. Hope I`ll manage to find some kind of hand history import program so I can at least review my sessions but for now 888 seems like an site where you can make some easy money but the learning curve is broken.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Ok after another session I am up 20$ , so my roll is now 620$.

But session was another typical 888 one, too bad I don`t have the hand histories; I think my graph would have been so fucked up
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Played a 4 hour session this morning. At the start it seemed like it`s going to be one of the usual , being down 40 then up 100 then down 60 again but after the first 2 hours things changed . From there it even seemed like donk don`t donk that much anymore. The last part was a slow but steady upswing and finished the session 80$ up.

Current bankroll: 700$

Bonus : 23% cleared (My hopes are getting up here too)
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Had another session . Started well but ended with a couple of coolers .

Bankroll : 710$
      Bonus: 26%
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I cannot believe what happened today. Didn`t tough a session could go so bad. Was all in like 10 time maybe favourite at least 7 of then and lost ALL of them. I don`t know what to think anymore . Donks pushing with pair and gutshots or oesds vs sets and rivering , two times KK vs AA , two times AA busted by calling stations cold calling bottom pair/gutshot and rivering straigts .

I hope I can get past this , my self confidence is dust at the moment.

Bankroll: 500$
      Bonus: 29%