Kingdippy's Blog of a Mod! (NLSH + Tourneys!)

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello, my name is Jack. I live in the United Kingdom, England (Southwest). Ive been playing poker for around 4-5 years but back then i played 5 card draw with my mates. I knew the game pretty well and i always won.

But soon the Texas Hold'em boom started and television poker in England was making the game ever more popular so me and my friends decided to take it up. I was also winning at this game between my friends but we always just played for fun.

Then in 2007 my best mate introduced me to online poker. I started at and iPoker site called Bluesquare.com where they offered and still do 10 cent givaways (1st:5 c/2nd:3 c/3rd:2 c). I enjoyed these greatly and as you can imagine they are quite easy. I remember making my first 5 cents and thinking wow!! Then from these i used to enter 10-2c SnG's but i never really built a roll. I didnt know anything about BRM but i think the highest i got to was $3.24 but then i blew it in HU SnG's.

I continued playing there until i found this place. I couldnt believe i could get $50 free and took it up straightaway! I played at full tilt and it went ok. I did SSS but it never really went well for me, i just used it to clear the bonus. After i cleared the bonus i had $70 but i thought to myself... Screw it lets have a pop at NL10 SH. It went really well. I knew the basic strategy and although it was a bit swingy i remember one night were i went from $78 to $147. But BRM hit me in the ass and i soon went back down to about $45.

Next just before xmas the bastards at Full Tilt called me a bot and closed my account but i could withdraw. I took this money and didnt deposit until a few days ago. I took a break from poker but the TAF monies and Second starting capitals came along and i made SP's with those.

Finally yesterday i unlocked the elephant license!! A few days ago a friend on stars said to me he was quitting poker and i said i would take his money and he agreed. He sent me $44 and this is where i start... $44 playing NL2 SH. I am going to try and build a decent roll from here and see how far i can make it through the limits.

Here is my BRM rules and indicators for when i will move up limits.

0.01/0.02 [x] - $40 (20 BI) (But i will play this limit even if i go below $40)
      0.02/0.05 [x] - $100 (20 BI)
      0.05/0.10 [x] - $200 - $250 (20 - 25 BI)
      0.10/0.25 [ ] - $625 (25 BI)

I will try and update each day and i will post graphs and interesting hands. Any feedback is welcome.
      So wish me luck!!!

Kingdippy

BR: $44
  • 303 replies
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      hey, i'm doing the same thing since 3 days but started with $100 at nl5 sh. i wish you good luck and i'll have a look at your blog from time to time.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Thanks very much soucy, when i reach $100 i will move up to NL5.
      And what is it, you seem to have posted on everything of mine today :P !
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Thanks very much soucy, when i reach $100 i will move up to NL5.
      And what is it, you seem to have posted on everything of mine today :P !
      Sorry wasn't my intention to pursuit you :)

Well if you reach NL5 or NL10 maybe we can start doing some skype sessions and watch each other with teamviewer to improve our play and discuss some hands or so.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Jack, nice to see that you have started a blog and well played on getting the $44 shipped to you by your friend :D

I'll definately keep an eye on this blog since i occassionally play NL SH as a break from the grinding of SSS and i wish you all the best of the British mate.

Regards,

-Steve
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      lol i dont mind, yh when i get to higher limits we can discuss hands and do team viewer sessions.

But atm im just playing nitty tight! I believe its the only way to beat all the donks who have a VPIP of 67% lol

Edit: Oh and hey steve!! Thanks!! My mate was pretty bad at poker (deposited $100!!!) and he couldnt face losing money so i think i gave him something like £30 for his $44!!! definately worth it!!
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      so i think i gave him something like £30 for his $44!!! definately worth it!!
      Cheap as chips then geezer lol :D
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Just played a 2 hour session and and went quite well. Only played 2 table due to the fact that i am still getting used to HUD but i didnt find it that hard. Atm i only really glance at it to check out who the major fish with a VPIP of 83% are (yes people like this exist!!!) I played my usual nitty self but i believe that this works with the NL2 donks, espically when they will call your c-bets with f**k all!

Anyways here is a graph.. a nice one

Good eh?!
      Also played a $2 tourney on Party today and came a nice 40th (out of 589) for $4.70!!!!

Finally heres my best hand of the day...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.59
      Hero:
      $2.37
      MP3:
      $2.22
      BU:
      $5.00

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , J:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.08) Q:club: , T:spade: , 4:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.08) 9:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, MP3 raises to $0.08, BU raises to $0.24, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.70, MP3 calls $0.62, BU calls $0.46.

River: ($2.18) 2:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.65 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.50 (All-In), BU calls $1.65.

Final Pot: $6.98

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Ks Js)
      BU shows a straight, queen high (Jh 8h)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, fours (4s 4h)

Hero wins with a flush, king high (Ks Js)

Nice!! Actually the flush card scared me thinking the was bound to be some idiot with A4!

Anyway.. Thanks!

Kingdippy!
      (lol at times edited)

Session Stats
      Hands:265
      Profit/Loss:+$8.69
      BR:$52.69
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      I was hoping to make the most out of my week off (pokerwise) but it hasnt really gone well today. Im not sure why yet, but i will have a little look at my session in a minute. I just didnt seem to win a hand... Kept getting out kicked or out drawn. The thing that also annoys me is the fact that i dont think i played any different to how i played last night.

Actually my stats say otherwise. I was a little tighter and played very nitty but i just think this is because i was getting dealt less good hands. Also because at NL2 nobody seems to stay at a table for more than 20 mins, i was constantly changing my tables.

I played 3 tables today so maybe that could have been affected my game a little but for someone who could play 15 tables of SSS (maybe not winning :D :D ) i didnt really think it would be a problem.

Anyway im not to downhearted. Only 2 and a bit stacks but its just annoying!!

^lol i never got into profit at all :(

Annoying hand

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.71
      Hero:
      $2.10
      BU:
      $1.37

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:club:
      3 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, BU folds, SB calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.50) T:heart: , 9:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.50) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.12.

River: ($0.90) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.58, SB calls $0.58.

Final Pot: $2.06

Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines (Ah Qc)
      SB shows two pairs, aces and nines (Kd As)

SB wins with two pairs, aces and nines (Kd As)

Actually at just a quick look i lost a whole stack with AQ today :(

Anyway cant play tonight :( . Altho its my week off, im needed to work tonight (there paying me double tho :D ) so theres not much i can do.

-Kingdippy

Session Stats
      Hands:554
      Profit/Loss: -$4.52
      BR:$48.17
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      dude i really liked your blog...
      soon i am gonna start grinding NL2 also
      wish u the best
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Thanks Man! Be warned... On NL2 AA gets beat by 79s.
      I will explain more in my update later.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Thanks Man! Be warned... On NL2 AA gets beat by 79s.
      I will explain more in my update later.
      In FLSH 0.25/0.50 AA gets beat by 32o :D

Been there, done that.

Nice blog by the way. Nice read so far.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Heya nice blog :) good to see more english people on here! Wish you the best of luck climbing through the limits.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Is 79s Under-rated?

Hmmm for some reason i think it is. And so does everyone who plays NL2 SH. Look below.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.24
      MP2:
      $3.00
      CO:
      $3.59
      BU:
      $3.63

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , A:club: . MP2 posts a blind of $0.02.
      MP2 checks, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.12, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.34) T:heart: , 7:heart: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP2 calls $0.28.

Turn: ($0.90) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP2 calls $0.75.

River: ($2.40) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

Final Pot: $2.92

Hero shows two pairs, aces and tens (Ad Ac)
      MP2 shows a straight, jack high (7c 9c)

MP2 wins with a straight, jack high (7c 9c)

Ok i suppose he has a little bit of a line to call the flop but why call preflop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.59
      MP3:
      $2.22
      Hero:
      $2.10
      BU:
      $12.90

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , A:heart:
      MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.34) Q:club: , 4:club: , 3:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Turn: ($1.14) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BU raises to $2.20, Hero calls $0.52 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($4.38) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.38

Hero shows a pair of aces (As Ah)
      BU shows a flush, queen high (7c 9c)

BU wins with a flush, queen high (7c 9c)

And it happened again...Not only that the exact same 2 cards. 7 :club: 9 :club:
      What a hand... Im never folding it again!

Right down to the actually blogging bit lol.
      Well even though yesterday i said that i wouldnt have enough time to play another session after coming home from work, i lied. Well i didnt have time really but i decided to stay up a little longer and watch TV poker with Tom "Durrrr" Dwan in. I have to say i love his style of play and have watched him many times on FTP. Even today when his HU challenge started.

Anyway after my little downswing in the previous session, my second one of yesterday (that cuts into today a little) finished well. I managed to pretty much reclaim my losses and when i did i left the tables at that for the night. Also i was 3 tabling.

Then today i had another session. It was a very up and down session... At one point i was 4 stacks down and then kept getting back to breakeven. I would probably say i tilted a little as well after those bad beats above not to mention another bad beat with AA i had against a runner runner flush. So yes i will admit it... i tilted. Also i was playing 4 tables but for some reason it never seems to go well. I will try and stick to 2 later tonight.

So here is a graph. This is my Career one btw (as i said my session last night went through the hours of midnight so i havent got a clear session on my elephant)

Btw it goes down a little on the last hand.

Anyway (i say anyway way to much :) ) im off to grind some more tonight. Im in the mood to play all night and from reading Gervs blog ive heard energy drinks are good so it might be an all nighter. Also this way i will catch the fishy americans on stars!

Thanks
      -Kingdippy

@p0kerQT: Thanks, yes more english are needed! gl to you as well.
      -Sorry if the page takes 20 mins to load. I will try and cut down on HH and graphs ;)

Session Stats
      Hands:1013
      Profit/Loss:+$3.29
      BR:$51.46
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      hi,

On the AQ hand, on the river just check behind since not many worse hands are calling you imo plus he is very cautious (doesnt go to showdown much) but still calls you down.

Always c-bet this type of weak-tight player who seldom goes to SD, specially headsup and in position
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      hi,

On the AQ hand, on the river just check behind since not many worse hands are calling you imo plus he is very cautious (doesnt go to showdown much) but still calls you down.

Always c-bet this type of weak-tight player who seldom goes to SD, specially headsup and in position
      Hey thanks man, i cant remember why i didnt cbet flop. May have had a 0% fold to cbet stat on him or something. I never really thought about checkin behind on the river, but your right. I will think about that rule tonight when i play.

Cheers
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Heyhey all, played a session last night. It was another one that went into the weeeee hours of the morning as i tried to catch some american FISH! It was another good session where i made decent profit. Found one guy who was obviously donking around who had a VPIP of 94% and a PFR of 30 something altho these pfr's were all min-raises. It was also a good table i was on that stayed going for at least 2 hours. Also met some good guys there as we all tried to stack the fish and we all had a good laugh. Although my game did suffer a bit. On that particular table i was playing something like 18/5 which is a bit Tight-weak for my liking but it was how i "adapted." Also one of the guys on the table was from this site. He thought he knew me but then i explained i stole my stars username from another guy. (sorry Pid :P )

Anyway all in all, even tho i lost a stack to the fish in this hand, i had a laugh and enjoyed what poker is about!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.61
      MP2:
      $5.08
      Hero:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, BB calls $0.08, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.23) 6:spade: , 7:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.35) Q:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.24, Hero raises to $1.84 (All-In), BB calls $1.21 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($3.25) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.25

Hero shows a pair of queens (Ac Qd)
      BB shows two pairs, queens and sevens (Qs 7c)

BB wins with two pairs, queens and sevens (Qs 7c)

Dam fish!

-Kingdippy

Session Stats
      Hands:647
      Profit/Loss:+$4.50
      BR:$55.96
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Jack,

Its good to see that things are going ok for you at the moment with SH.

Regards,

-Steve
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      nice results for the session, grats!

If I may comment on your hand I would recommend fold flop since you will not like a lot of turn cards, and very few cards help you, specially against a 94 VPIP.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      nice results for the session, grats!

If I may comment on your hand I would recommend fold flop since you will not like a lot of turn cards, and very few cards help you, specially against a 94 VPIP.
      Lol u wanna go for hands judge. Yh in retrospective view your right but he was betting with anything so it was hard to put him on something. I also really wanted to nail this guy and i thought any Q or A would be good and in my eyes he gave me the implieds. Just i was wrong!