This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - AT steal gone wrong

• iMilk
      iMilk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,68
      BB:
      $1,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , T:club:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,60) T:spade: , 9:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, BB raises to $1,45 (All-In), Hero calls $1,05.

Turn: ($3,50) J:heart:
      River: ($3,50) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (As Tc)
      BB shows two pairs, nines and sevens (9c 7c)

BB wins with two pairs, nines and sevens (9c 7c)

The reason I have 5,68 is because i just won a 3-way pot and didn't want to leave till next BB.
      I'm not sure if this is an okay play either preflop or postflop, so please help me out :)
  • 7 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi,

I suggest you follow the SHC and fold AT pre-flop. Leave steal moves for when you are playing with stats.

As played, your call on flop is perfectly fine, you have TPTK.

Obs.: Don't post the results, they are not necessary.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      bet potsize on flop
      rest is fine nh!
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      if you are thinking of folding here then don't steal at all. I would play the same.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      AT is definitely strong enough for a steal so nice hand. i also think potsize bet would be better since the pot is still very small
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Surely you couldnt not-steal with A10 and no callers behind you. Was just bad luck that he caught two pair with 9-7 garbage.

Calling the all in was the only place we might have diverged (id even have bet exactly 40c). Id have thought long about folding top + kicker to the push. Depends on my perception of the player who made the bet. Im sure I would call it way more times than let it go though :(
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nh, I wouldn't change a thing. BB's stack is small enough to puth him AI on the turn if we bet 0.40$ on the flop, so no need to bet potsize.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi iMilk,

Well pre-flop is okay if you have stats but I think you should make up your mind before raising saying: 'Hey, what do I have to do if he calls/raises etc.?'

As played, i really want to bet Potsized for the drawheavy board + if he shoves, you give yourself a better break-even equity percentage.

As you have TPTK , I never throw this away against a fellow shortstack who calls your raise meaning that he ain't a PokerStrategy SS-player

Best regards,
      Gerv