[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - AT steal gone wrong

• iMilk
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , T:club:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,60) T:spade: , 9:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, BB raises to $1,45 (All-In), Hero calls $1,05.

Turn: ($3,50) J:heart:
      River: ($3,50) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (As Tc)
      BB shows two pairs, nines and sevens (9c 7c)

BB wins with two pairs, nines and sevens (9c 7c)

The reason I have 5,68 is because i just won a 3-way pot and didn't want to leave till next BB.
      I'm not sure if this is an okay play either preflop or postflop, so please help me out :)
  • 7 replies
    • dandycal

I suggest you follow the SHC and fold AT pre-flop. Leave steal moves for when you are playing with stats.

As played, your call on flop is perfectly fine, you have TPTK.

Obs.: Don't post the results, they are not necessary.
    • Gafny
      bet potsize on flop
      rest is fine nh!
    • alejandrosh
      if you are thinking of folding here then don't steal at all. I would play the same.
    • mbml
      AT is definitely strong enough for a steal so nice hand. i also think potsize bet would be better since the pot is still very small
    • Jaissica
      Surely you couldnt not-steal with A10 and no callers behind you. Was just bad luck that he caught two pair with 9-7 garbage.

Calling the all in was the only place we might have diverged (id even have bet exactly 40c). Id have thought long about folding top + kicker to the push. Depends on my perception of the player who made the bet. Im sure I would call it way more times than let it go though :(
    • burek2000
      Nh, I wouldn't change a thing. BB's stack is small enough to puth him AI on the turn if we bet 0.40$ on the flop, so no need to bet potsize.
    • Gerv
      Hi iMilk,

Well pre-flop is okay if you have stats but I think you should make up your mind before raising saying: 'Hey, what do I have to do if he calls/raises etc.?'

As played, i really want to bet Potsized for the drawheavy board + if he shoves, you give yourself a better break-even equity percentage.

As you have TPTK , I never throw this away against a fellow shortstack who calls your raise meaning that he ain't a PokerStrategy SS-player

Best regards,