I'm a beginner

• 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by janusasd
      Hey could u offer me any valuable books to improve my gameplay in pokerstars?
      Hi janusasd
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

There is this list that contains several recommendations -- I can personally recommend "The Education of a Modern Poker Player" and "The Mental Game of Poker".
      I read and enjoyed both. Neither are specific to PokerStars, but both apply equally to any room. Not for beginners though!

It is not necessary to purchase or borrow a book.
      Go to our No Limit Hold'em lessons overview and follow each lesson in order.

Are you mainly interested in cash games or tournaments? There are separate strategy sections for those categories.

Check out all the videos as well.
      There is an entire education here.

All the best,
      VS;

I also own "The Mathematics of Poker". It is way beyond me, but if you're a math whiz, it might appeal to you.

Besides the books, be sure to review all the strategy articles available to you.
    • adhif77
      adhif77
      Silver
      Me too
    • bornfire
      bornfire
      Bronze
      hello
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey bornfire,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

What games and limits do you play? We should be able to link you to some strategy and/or videos specific to what you play. :f_thumbsup:

Don't forget to check out our bonus offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

If you have any questions for us, then please don't hesitate to ask. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • darnell99
      darnell99
      Global
      Hello, welcome to pokerstrategy.com you just in the right place you're looking for! :)