This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] QQ in 3bet-pot OOP

• TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Silver
      2NL PokerStars Zoom Hand
      Seat 1: BTN ($2.97 in chips)
      Seat 2: SB ($2.51 in chips)
      Seat 3: BB ($0.97 in chips)
      Seat 4: UTG ($2 in chips)
      Seat 5: MP HERO ($2.81 in chips)
      Seat 6: HJ villain ($2 in chips)
      SB: posts small blind $0.01
      BB: posts big blind $0.02
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to HERO [Qd Qc]
      UTG: folds
      HERO: raises $0.04 to $0.06
      Villain: raises $0.14 to $0.20
      BTN: folds
      SB: folds
      BB: folds
      HERO: calls $0.14
      *** FLOP *** [7s Ks 7c]
      HERO: bets $0.22
      Villain: raises $0.25 to $0.47
      HERO: calls $0.25
      *** TURN *** [7s Ks 7c] [Qh]

Pre is quite standaard imo. 4betting in this spot is asking for trouble imo (in 2NL zoom)
      I donked OTF. I normally don't do that but to be fair, I mistakenly thought I was the aggressor. (Thats what happens if you have a customer on the phone too)

Question 1: What to do when he raises OTF? I believe my hand is too good to fold just yet. He could have a flushdraw or pocketpair and also because it's not too big a raise. Firing a 3bet will only get called by better so that doesnt seems an valid option.

Question 2 : OTT all my troubles disappear. Should I donk again? (while I'm at it..) I don't want him to check behind and I don't want to give him a free card to complete draws he might have.

Hero donk-shoves all-in (effectively a potsize bet).
      Villain folds
  • 4 replies
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Silver
      OMG, I'm such an [BLIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEP].
      I seriously just notice I make a boat OTT and I WANT him to call with his draws. What a fish am I

Note to myself: don't play at work !
    • Arnusen
      Arnusen
      Bronze
      Haha nice one.
    • toteatoo
      toteatoo
      Bronze
      It would be better to check/call flop for pot control, after hitting turn I would not donk all-in.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’s also smart to use a hand converter like weaktight next time. Then is your hand better to read on our forum.

If I look to this hand I don’t know why you would bet on the flop against the pre-flop aggressor. Especially on a dry board I don’t think a bet makes too much sense and you give him the opportunity to make the pot even bigger with a raise and I don’t think you want that. Now he’s raising extreme small, but otherwise you should even fold on this flop.

I would just check/call and do the same with our FH on turn as well. No need to scare him off with a bet or check/raise now.

Cheers,
      SDK1987