Known players:      
      SB:
      $8,30
      BB:
      $7,00
      Hero:
      $4,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU folds, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) 9:club: , A:heart: , A:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3,00) 3:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3,65 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3,00

Being in position, could I have pushed over these As on flop , even on a multi-way pot (considering they had checked to me?

What if I was first to act on this 3-way pot, c/f?
  • 6 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Personally, I like your Turn bet - although you'll probably get told off for it...

I guess, if you have to act first, it probably is c/f, as you say. Which seems a shame since in that case I'd expect at least one player to try to steal the pot from you. Don't know if there's much you can do about it.

Instinctively, I think I'd have done the same as you, but I guess you're behind to any Ace (and as you have 2 callers an Ace would not be unexpected). Which is why I think those in the know will say your all-in is too risky. And I wonder if there is another bet you can make to find out whether your 10s are good. It's a scary board if the opponent doesn't have an Ace so they might well fold to a 1/2 pot bet with less risk for you.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I would bet half pot on pot and call if get raised. Flop is too dry and a 1/2 pot bet protects the same as a 3/4 imo. A shame if one of those guys has an ace.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i would have just betted 1/2 pot on flop and fold to any resistance since you are in position and they have shown weakness already. since the flop has two aces, the likelihood of one of them having another ace is not very high.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I push this flop.
    • TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      I push this flop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      i would have just betted 1/2 pot on flop and fold to any resistance since you are in position and they have shown weakness already. since the flop has two aces, the likelihood of one of them having another ace is not very high.
      + they are both check/checking the cheque so either they are the Ninja-Trapper Assassin or they have nothing

I like to go for the safe route and just bet 1/2 pot ($1.5) because 1) you have position , 2) it does the same thing as if you were shoving the Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv