Spin N Go Hyper Edition (and 5CD cash)

Bronze
      Hey all

I'm a former (pre 2015) Fixed Limit Microstakes crusher. Recently came back to see a decline in tables which saddened me. I have spent the past few weeks deciding what im gonna try now. I want to play a new format and be a winner at it. I swear to god ill always love Fixed Limit which was the thing that made me a proven winner (+3000BB over 300k hands)

Time for a new format and i think i have settled on HU Hyper Turbos. I have to say my first format before I found FL was HUSNG and honestly it didnt go so well. I thought i worked hard on my game but in reality i didn't plus i had tilt issues back then. Thankfully for PokerStars self exclude and their limit restrictions which is still in use today. I'm a lot more patient and numb to the swings now so time to try this husng out again. I honestly also thought of spins but i would say my HU is better than my 3way game. and I like that the format / Games are so quick fits me perfectly having a family of 9 (6 kids 1 wife 2 ferrets) Ill be watching all the free videos and reading all the articles on hu hypers i can find, while playing the 1.5s on stars. Time to fix my -$200 sharkscope graph :D (mtts and random sngs over the years while playing cash 99% + tilt sessions dating back pre 2012)

im a bankroll nit and I dont aspire to become a high stakes player so you won't see much talk about moving up when xx amount on BIs gained. I am not comfortable with playing on the edge. If i were to move up id first need to know im a proven winner and be massively overrolled.

Lastly I also will play 5CD cash 10/20c. WIth the awesome help of our very own VorpalF2F as the closest thing to a coach :D I feel sad that no one really plays 5CD because its an incredibly fun game to play and easy to learn while still being in depth with strategy and the likes (This is FL 5CD) Go to his blog "Mind Games" to learn and see a real winner at draw games such as 5CD and 2-7 single/tripple draw

I don't know how ill be updating this blog, maybe some graphs and just numbers up´and down. We will see, what fits me the best. The most important thing is to keep my head cool and if i constantly lose and have to write i lost x and x this week I don't think it will be healthy for my learning curve so we will see.

Ava -
  • 40 replies
      Bronze
      mini update: Hypers are really swingy but i like them even though i just had the doomswitched turned on yesterday evening. When you know you got it in good theres nothing that can be done when they hit their 20% 7 times in a row. frustrating but it wont affect my next all in or force me to call with 96o to an all in just because i think i can get lucky like them. my ev line is still going up which is the most important. It shows that i actually dont play like complete crap.

I will update every 100 game I think with a graph/stats.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Good luck with your new adventure and that you win even more then with FLHE :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      Good luck with your new adventure and that you win even more then with FLHE :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      thanks. I need more time though to be winning as much as i do in FL. But ill try, im thinking of paying $99 for the "beginner" hyper turbo pack on husng. steep price for me but if it helps me be a winner ill earn that money back..

Right now my EV ROI is 4%, the green line and showdown line is both below my ev and non showdown win line. Meaning im Unlucky as a donkey to a horses breeding.
      Bronze
      So my first 100 games. and the end suck. suckout after suckout. lost 9 games in a row wth. for example K8o vs J8.. KxxJJ board over and over again. I think i played well. but what can you do when you shove all in with 44 and get called by 55 just as an insult.

Everything went well up until yeah the past 10 games. then apparently math just said f you.

Bronze
      So im going to be getting chadders0 hyper turbo guide thingy. cant wait. I hate being a loser at the games i play. Gonna study like crazy

while taking a break from hu I decided to have a bit of fun and i had seen on sharkscope/youtube some players had huge success in 6max super turbo and i thought hey they look fun so I thought id play a few.

Games:6
      1st: 2
      2nd: 1
      3/4/5th: 3
      6th: 0

I was a bit lucky in 1 - 3 all ins. but other than that it was pretty easy since the cards came my way. Overall very fun. But I want to beat the hu hypers grrr..
      Ill be taking a break/play something else until i get my hands on that chadders pack. waiting for poker money to come into the bank. That i withdrew from 888 (I should probably return t here with some money. the competition is so soft and they got 0.40c HU Hypers :D wooot woot a dream for a micros guy like me :P
      Bronze
      So Ive been watching the chadders pack and learning. Gonna rewatch each video several times and write my own notes just to make the ranges and all stick all the better. Playing a little meanwhile also helps. I pretty much got it down how to play 20-25bb deep aka the first 2 minutes of the game :D now on to the rest.

My initial goal is to reach an EV of 2% gonna take a lot of work but I definitely think its achievable in a relatively decent amount of time. Time to take poker more serious than ever before.

games since last i updated have been pretty much breakeven losing to rake. so no real update. my EV ROI are going upwards again though doing around 1% EVROI again.
      Bronze
      Today was another exhausting day in poker. But at least i stayed cool and didnt for even one hand do something i didnt want to on a normal good day.

Games: 35
      Won:7
      Lost: 28
      ROI: -43%
      Net Winnings: -$15
      EV ROI: -5%
      EV NW: -$1.88

as you can see it wasnt the best day ever
      On another note Ive gotten through about half of chadders pack and loving it. Im definitely learning and playing better than before getting the pack.

Overall graph:

Net Won Chips : -14.770
      EV Net Won Chips: +655

Yeah my EV dropped below 0 line. That was a particular bad day where i got all in on flop/turn and they got there on river.
      For example this hand

PS: MAN IM RUNNING LIKE DOGCRAP :D It really hurts but i gotta laugh rather than cry and get mad and go Hulk mode.

Hero (BB): 320 (4 bb)
      SB: 1,180 (14.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Ad: :Ac:
      SB raises to 160, Hero raises to 320 and is all-in, SB calls 160

Flop: (640) :5c: :8s: :7d: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (640) :Jd: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (640) :Qc: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: 640 pot
      Final Board: :5c: :8s: :7d: :Jd: :Qc:
      Hero showed :Ad: :Ac: and lost (-320 net)
      SB showed :Qd: :7s: and won 640 (320 net)

11% on turn. all day long.

But i have made some bad calls all in for +20bb I gotta cut down on the call all in in early game and try and play more for post flop before <12bb mode.
      Bronze
      Spin n Gos 95 games:
      EV ROI: 3%

HUSNG Hypers 171 games:
      EV ROI: Gone to shit -something

which should i continue to play ? :D Man i really wanna get good at hu :( I need to study more.

due to some Fixed Limit play combined with spins and husngs my bankroll has gone from $300 to $344 to $318
      Bronze
      So im turning this into a spin and go blog for spinlegends. I know im all over the place but here we go i guess
      I will probably move my roll from stars to 888 and keep playing some husng hypers. getting hu practice is never bad.
      Just need to clear some stuff with stupid neteller (i hate that crap) and hopefully im ready to go all in.

Today ive played an astronomical 36 games after memorizing most of the beginner charts you get in spinlegends. really easy to learn but i gotta admit. I played like that already. maybe a little wider in all in terms but yeah it looks and feels really solid Good stuff. cant wait to learn more.

After getting a little lucky in the end winning a 6x on $1s I managed to just barely lose the last game which ended me in a net of $0.00 with rake $2.08 for the day. very exciting. -.-

probably one of the first days if not the first that im running above EV :O yay? *sarcastic look and tone in voice*
      Bronze
      Good day today and the past few days actually. Today
      5 games lost
      6 games won:
      2x = 3 games.
      4x = 1 games
      6x = 2 games

for a total of +11 BI profit all in all

Overall FINALLY ABOVE 0!!

real ROI 1% EV 7% ROI :P wish that was gonna be my overall real ROI forever and ever :D id be playing 100 hours a day then.
      Bronze
      +4BI today. could have been more if i wasnt so unlucky to lose 4 flips / 60/40% in my favor in a row to lose a 4x game. really sucked but at least my ev keeps going up and green follows. One of these days i might actually start to run above EV :O I was close today to beat my EV line. but not quite.

On a more positive note. Im extremely happy that even with limited research/studying. I have only gotten research from the great Xanham and some youtube videos and the starting charts of spinlegends (although i used to play a bit more loose than that so it didnt really CHANGE CHANGE my game. That im having an EV that goes up and steady. I know your gonna say its $1 its a shovefest. Yeah true but still its a new whole format. I have for 10 good years avoided anything called No Limit. and now im actually doing pretty okay.
      Bronze
      short update. Ive been in 2 25x in my spin career albeit only about 400 spins. BUT the first one i lost as 2nd place. THIS ONE I WON !!!! $25 thank you very much !

AJo vs A6o for 7.9bb effective my first opponent gone!
      HU 3 hands in I am not sure whether or not this was a good call but I felt so strongly he just bet his entire range and he was quite passive but due to 10bb effective and the dynamic hes seen me go at it more than any of those two. They were scared shitless because it was a 25x. Yes i sort of maybe folded a few hands in sb i shouldnt like KJo vs a min raise. But being OOP is always bad. and honestly it wasnt that big a bet compared to my stack. What do you think ?

Poker Stars, $0.92 Buy-in (20/40 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): 1,070 (26.8 bb)
      SB: 430 (10.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :5d: :7d:
      SB raises to 80, Hero calls 40

Flop: (160) :4c: :Qs: :4h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (160) :5c: (2 players)
      Hero bets 80, SB calls 80

River: (320) :3h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets 150, Hero calls 150

Results:
      620 pot
      Final Board: :4c: :Qs: :4h: :5c: :3h:
      Hero showed :5d: :7d: and won 620 (310 net)
      SB showed :Ks: :Jh: and lost (-310 net)

after that i went all in with AQo since he had 2bb left he folded (really?)
      last hand was an auto all in since he had 0.5bb left 97o vs 52o i flop TP and got 94% to win.

yay me :P
    • BadHabit1989
      BadHabit1989
      Silver
      nice blog, nice results.
      I only had one 25x spin (in 250) and also ended up in 2nd place (my mistake).
      hopefully i can win my 2nd one, too.

Hopefully I will never meet you at the table ;)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadHabit1989
      nice blog, nice results.
      I only had one 25x spin (in 250) and also ended up in 2nd place (my mistake).
      hopefully i can win my 2nd one, too.

Hopefully I will never meet you at the table ;)
      Go get the next x25 !!! Im rooting for you. Except if we are in the same x25 :D
      If we meet then lets hope for a good game!
      Bronze
      I just got to Silver Status on Spinlegends so Im "resetting" my stats from today on. (after my x25 win) need to play 500 spins as fast as possible on $1.. Lets go (after i watch all the videos available to me)
      Bronze
      First day after reset and playingh with spinlegends money. halfway through videos. and trying to play that way. not working out so well for me to be this tight.
      plus unlucky as f.. Coildn't even win with AA as shown below. always second in the 4x and 6x's. as you can see at the end of my session. no hands worked out. fucking sucks being down -$7 after day 1... I know money is not that important but you start to feel it when AA, AK , KK , QQ, doesnt work out more than 30% of the time COLLECTIVELY..

The only AA hand. HU in a 6x

Poker Stars, $0.92 Buy-in (10/20 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players

Hero (BB): 340 (17 bb)
      SB: 1,160 (58 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :As: :Ac:
      SB raises to 1,160 and is all-in, Hero calls 320 and is all-in

Flop: (680) :2h: :5h: :4d: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: (680) :8h: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: (680) :Qc: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: 680 pot
      Final Board: :2h: :5h: :4d: :8h: :Qc:
      Hero showed :As: :Ac: and lost (-340 net)
      SB showed :2s: :Qh: and won 680 (340 net)

another example of how it went today. seems Q2o is the lucky hand of today.

Poker Stars, $0.92 Buy-in (10/20 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players

Hero (BB): 510 (25.5 bb)
      SB: 990 (49.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Ad: :Js:
      SB raises to 320, Hero raises to 510 and is all-in, SB calls 190

Flop: (1,020) :4s: :Qs: :Qc: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (1,020) :Jh: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (1,020) :6d: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: 1,020 pot
      Final Board: :4s: :Qs: :Qc: :Jh: :6d:
      Hero showed :Ad: :Js: and lost (-510 net)
      SB showed :Qd: :2c: and won 1,020 (510 net)

Chips won:

Buyin won:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Avataren
      First day after reset and playingh with spinlegends money. halfway through videos. and trying to play that way. not working out so well for me to be this tight.
      plus unlucky as f.. Coildn't even win with AA as shown below. always second in the 4x and 6x's. as you can see at the end of my session. no hands worked out. fucking sucks being down -$7 after day 1... I know money is not that important but you start to feel it when AA, AK , KK , QQ, doesnt work out more than 30% of the time COLLECTIVELY..

Hey Avataren,

It can be difficult to embrace following a new strategy, particularly when you are told to take certain lines that are opposite of the way you would normally play.

I remember one of the first hands I ever posted here for evaluation, I was asked "Why did you limp?". Simple answer was "Because I always have".

It took me quite a while before the message sunk in that opening with a raise was by far a better play than open limping.

Keep having faith in the strategy and the strategy will look after you. You will rise through the limits, gain access to SpinLegends next level videos where you will probably have the opportunity to play more hands.

Good Luck :gl:

Laz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Originally posted by Avataren

Hey Avataren,

It can be difficult to embrace following a new strategy, particularly when you are told to take certain lines that are opposite of the way you would normally play.

I remember one of the first hands I ever posted here for evaluation, I was asked "Why did you limp?". Simple answer was "Because I always have".

It took me quite a while before the message sunk in that opening with a raise was by far a better play than open limping.

Keep having faith in the strategy and the strategy will look after you. You will rise through the limits, gain access to SpinLegends next level videos where you will probably have the opportunity to play more hands.

Good Luck :gl:

Laz
      Yeah playing tight doesnt suit me very well. Its boring and your losing so many opportunities to gather chips. I guess a tight nice strategy in $1s is the way to go. But like not taking stabs at all limped pots is like why not ? Why not play K8o BTN 25bb, 65s, 54s, etc. Just doesnt make any sense. I know 1s is known for all in preflop with Q2 (look above) but those hands play well regardless of opponent. Meh ill try my hands at it again today and rewatch some videos and watch more.

one thing im sad about though is i got less than 1 day on my starshelper trial key :( Soon i cant use it and now im all used to it :(
      Bronze
      after quickly losing 8BI with EV close to 0 line. Im taking a break for now.

since spinlegends silver began (-$15 half of my br) And like who even thinks 30BI is enough for spins ? Makes no sense to advocate a 100BI rule minimum and getting sent 30BI.. yes 1s probably should be beatable for a HUGE amount. but even the best go on downswings more than 30BI at the lowest stakes.

on the upside my ROI is 6.79% and EVROI is 13%