AA93ss

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $65.42 (130.8 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $34.50 (69 bb)
      CO: $146.84 (293.7 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $55.70 (111.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9:heart: 3:diamond: A:diamond: A:spade:
      MP folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.25, 2 folds, CO calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.25) A:club: 5:club: 3:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $7.06, CO calls $7.06

Turn: ($25.37) 4:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($25.37) 2:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $20.18, Hero raises to $43.39 and is all-in, CO folds

Villain strong reg, 781 hands.
      High steal and often attacks my bu from CO. CO stl 33%, BU 88%. Fold vs 3b 25%.
      Aggression 3.1

He's very happy to make moves post flop. This is 2nd or 3rd time this session I 3bet him in position.

Really unsure otr what is best. We have 3rd nut str8 and blocker to nf. Given the action I think we can rep the nutflush, but I'm unsure whether we need to and should perhaps just be calling in this spot vs thinking reg.

btw, do you agree that x/b turn is better than betting?

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Tim64
      He's very happy to make moves post flop. This is 2nd or 3rd time this session I 3bet him in position.

Really unsure otr what is best. We have 3rd nut str8 and blocker to nf. Given the action I think we can rep the nutflush, but I'm unsure whether we need to and should perhaps just be calling in this spot vs thinking reg.

btw, do you agree that x/b turn is better than betting?

Thanks
      Hi Tim!

Far be it from me to give anyone advice in PLO, so I'll just ask a couple of questions --
      :diamond:   What is your goal in checking back the turn?
      :diamond:   When he bets the river, what range to you think he has?

Cheers,
      VS
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Goal in checking back turn is to 1. give him ability to continue with hands worse than better str8 (i.e. not isolate myself against that) and 2. potentially allow him to bluff river.

I think on a different river I would just bluffcatch as planned. Here, when only I can have the nutflush I wasn't sure if better to stick with plan and bluffcatch or turn my hand into bluff.

His value range otr I guess is nut str8 and good flushes. It's a biggish bet though... Bluffs mainly missed flushdraws.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I think that to make this play, you need to be reasonably sure that villain won't call with his K- or Q-high made flush -- especially when he only needs to put in 23.21 to win 88.84
      Perhaps at PLO50 this would be true.

Interesting spot -- I'd love to hear what others think...
      VS
    • coldchurch
      coldchurch
      Bronze
      Just bet the turn. Let him pay to realise his equity with his flushdraw.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I dont't really understand why would you like to give those worse hands a free river? Half of the deck completes a flush or makes straight possible, and then your hand is a bluff catcher at most. Even on the blank rivers valuebetting is hard.

Bet turn and force your opponent to pay for his draw. Especially as you have a read that he likes to make moves, give him a change to semibluff his flushdraw. Once you check, he can't really bluff many rivers as your check-back range has a lot of draws in it.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      I dont't really understand why would you like to give those worse hands a free river? Half of the deck completes a flush or makes straight possible, and then your hand is a bluff catcher at most. Even on the blank rivers valuebetting is hard.

Bet turn and force your opponent to pay for his draw. Especially as you have a read that he likes to make moves, give him a change to semibluff his flushdraw. Once you check, he can't really bluff many rivers as your check-back range has a lot of draws in it.
      Ok, thanks. And what do you think we should do on this river, as played?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      If he checks, check behind. If he bets, call. :)

He should have some missed draws in his range, some splits and some backdoors. But backdoors are smaller portion of his range as he called the flop in 3bet pot. You should have around 20 behind and the pot would be 110.