[NL2] QQ vs re-raise OTF

• bop19
      bop19
      Bronze
      Hi there,

This hand literally just happened like 10 minutes ago ...

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

Hero (SB): $6.12 (306 bb)
      BB: $2.10 (105 bb)
      UTG+1: $1.96 (98 bb)
      UTG+2: $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2.38 (119 bb)
      MP2: $1.92 (96 bb)
      MP3: $2.15 (107.5 bb)
      CO: $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      BTN: $3.29 (164.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Qd: :Qs:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 raises to $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.34, 5 folds, BTN calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.90) :7s: :5h: :9s: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.46, BTN raises to $2.95 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.49

Turn: ($6.80) :Qc: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($6.80) :Tc: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

So, a few questions:

1. Should I 4-bet pre-flop higher?
      2. Should I have just checked the flop? I was afraid of giving v another free card, given that the flop hits v's range
      3. Should I fold his re-raise? the villain and I have been tussling quite a bit (I've come on top most of the times) and I felt like he was trying hard to push me off the hand. A pair with strong draw seemed within v's range of hands. Plus, I was curious to see what v had (I know, curiosity kills the cat...).

Thanks for the answers.
  • 7 replies
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      You didn't 4bet, you made a 3bet, but that doesn't change the fact that $0.34 is about (or exactly :f_zZz: ) a potsize bet so I like that size.
      The flop is great, so I would cbet almost always, again I like your size.
      Normally I would fold to that raise. You have little invested and you are deep. Normally, I would not risk 125BB to see if he maybe has a weak-ish hand. If you have a lot of history with the villain and you saw him do stuff like this with a wide range (highcards, draws, 7x, 9x ..) often, I might call. If you haven't seen stuff like this from him, be carefull. If a fish suddenly starts to play different from his normal "simple" game, it's usually a sign of strongness.
      So:
      1) no, size is perfect
      2) no, cbet is standard here
      3) yes, normally I would fold.

Being curious is an expensive habbit that has no place in pots like these :f_biggrin:
    • Fanko
      Fanko
      Bronze
      You can squeeze a bit higher preflop.

Bet/fold on the flop is reasonable but keep in mind that you become heavily exploitable if you fold your overpairs on such boards.
      However, on the micros such a line is often strong and he has all the sets, 86 straight, 97 top two, and a bunch of combodraws. Your
      equity is pretty low if he doesn't have 9x or some pair + gutshot hands and he probably doesn't so fold and wait for a better spot.
    • bop19
      bop19
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies. I think my line was fine, except for the call. I might have opened a bit bigger OTF, maybe around 60%ish of the pot?

Yes, it's an expensive habit (leak), but I figured I was winning a lot last night lol.

Btw, what he had was
      8c6c for a made straight OTF
    • la55i
      la55i
      I agree with the guys above.
      I think a half pot bet size, or even smaller, works ok on the flop. I wouldn't go any bigger. This situation is not so great for us because 1) we are OOP 2) we don't have nuts here but villain does. If he calls a big flop bet I would say we are way ahead/way behind.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by TurokRider
      You didn't 4bet, you made a 3bet, but that doesn't change the fact that $0.34 is about (or exactly :f_zZz: ) a potsize bet so I like that size.
      The flop is great, so I would cbet almost always, again I like your size.
      Normally I would fold to that raise. You have little invested and you are deep. Normally, I would not risk 125BB to see if he maybe has a weak-ish hand. If you have a lot of history with the villain and you saw him do stuff like this with a wide range (highcards, draws, 7x, 9x ..) often, I might call. If you haven't seen stuff like this from him, be carefull. If a fish suddenly starts to play different from his normal "simple" game, it's usually a sign of strongness.
      So:
      1) no, size is perfect
      2) no, cbet is standard here
      3) yes, normally I would fold.

Being curious is an expensive habbit that has no place in pots like these :f_biggrin:
      If we talking about terminology we can’t call a re-raise on the flop, because in this case it’s calling a raise when we are betting and the BTN is raising all-inn.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • toteatoo
      toteatoo
      Silver
      Preflop sizing is good, I would raise similarly. Flop is definitely bet, he has also some Ax hands and therefore you want go for value and protection. After his raise I would usually fold this deep.
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      On NL2 I'm calling this. Guess I'm a fish :f_p:

Did he have a set?