CO: 100 BB
      Hero (BTN): 88.1 BB
      SB: 111 BB
      BB: 190.2 BB
      UTG: 101 BB
      UTG+1: 215.9 BB
      MP: 36.9 BB

Hero has Ac 2c
      folds around, Hero calls 2.5 BB, BB raises to 12 BB, MP calls 9.5 BB, Hero calls 9.5 BB

Flop : (39 BB, 3 players) Td 3c 6c
      BB bets 21 BB, MP raises to 24.9 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 24.9 BB, BB calls 3.9 BB

Turn : (113.7 BB, 3 players) Jd
      BB checks, Hero bets 51.2 BB and is all-in, BB calls 51.2 BB

River : (216.1 BB, 3 players) 7c
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      First, I have moved your hand to our no limit hand discussion forum, because it's fits better there.

I also recommend using a hand converter like weaktight to post hands next time. Then is your hand easier to read. Now makes the pre-flop hand history for me already no sense, because you are first in and you are calling for 2,5bb. I expect the MP player was raising in this situation. Against a short stack I think defending is already close on the BTN, but then you need to fold if someone else is 3betting I think.

As played I would just check the turn with our draw. There is no reason to bluff him of the hand without a side pot and we can draw for free to the nuts.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi zednik44,

Welcome to Pokerstrategy.com

I agree with SDK1987 on this hand.

As you are a new member you should take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly. We should be able to link you to some strategy and/or videos specific to what you play. :f_thumbsup:

Good luck at the tables and I look forward to reading your future posts.

Regards

Matt
    • zednik44
      zednik44
      Bronze
      Hi very sorry ! you are right it's my first post, I'll make sure to get things right going forward!
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      We all learn from our mistakes :f_drink: So I wouldn't get to beat up about it :f_thumbsup: My adjustment would have been to 3x pf and if the BB raised then to fold.
      What ever your skill level PokerStrategy.com has lots of great articles and forums to help you make the most of your game.
      One way many of our members find helps is by having a blog, for example a good place to visit is the 'Learning to win' forum found here . When running a blog, you will profit from the following advantages:

• By documenting your progress and career you will increase both your motivation and endurance.
      • You will work on your game automatically by discussing tricky spots with other members.
      • During a downswing you will profit from psychological support and encouragement.
      • With time passing by you will get to know a lot of cool people and even build some friendships.

Also take some time to have a look at the training articles and live training available to you. If you haven't already, have a look in the strategy section 'poker for beginners' found here
      At the moment one of our coaches confidant91 is running No-Limit Beginner's Course which I would recommend taking part in.
      Each week Pokerstrategy.com holds live coaching and you can find what is on in the English Community Coachings & Streams Schedule

Other ways you can also improve your game are to post difficult hands to our Hand Discussion Board like you have done already :f_thumbsup:

Below are some links to articles you may also find helpful.

5-point plan: From break-even grinder to winning player.
      perfect intro to multi tabling.
      The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity.

You should bear in mind that getting good at poker is a long process and will not happen overnight. You should not try to learn all the advanced concepts very fast and then try to apply those. It is a good idea to start learning new things one by one. This will give you the fastest progress.

All in all, I think you will like it here and we all wish you every success and enjoyment in your poker. Look forward to seeing you active within the forums in due course.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt