Quiz Errors/Questions

• LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      This is in German. An easy question, but still might want to fix this.

27/29: You are Big Blind with Q8. A middle player raises, a late player calls. Your turn!
      Raise
      Call
      Fold

Q8 suited? Unsuited?

26/29: What if you are a underdog to another hand on the flop? What kind of hand gives you better winning chances?
      Doesn't matter.
      A top pair.
      An overpair.

Huh? What are you even asking here?

25/29: When should you start to read poker books to improve your skills and abilities?
      As soon as possible.
      Such a highly theoretical topic should be put off for a longer time. Maybe start reading books when you get to 3/6$ or higher.
      Not until reaching the 2/4$-limits.
      The books section says to start reading CERTAIN books as soon as possible, but that others should be put off. Is this asking if we should be reading simple "Internet Hold'em" books, or Sklansky's theory?

21/29: How frequently should beginners try to bluff with weak hands?
      Not at all, as the weak opponents use to call nearly everything.
      You should intersperse a bluff here and there. This way, your opponents cannot read you as easily.
      Bluffing is an important part of poker and should be used regularly.

Now, I know what the correct PLAY here would be, as a poker player with half a brain, but throughout the beginner's section the only thing said about bluffing is that it could be done after a busted draw on the river. It also says that weak opponents call everything. Which answer is the correct one?

18/29: What is an Out?
      A card that makes your hand the winner on next straight.
      Leaving a hand (folding the cards).
      Loss by timeout.

I'm assuming you meant "street" here, not "straight"

17/29: What should your raising standards look like?
      A good player raises about 15 - 20 % of his hands.
      A good player raises about 10 - 15 % of his hands.
      A good player raises about 8 - 12 % of his hands.

Couldn't find this in the forums. Has it been translated yet?
      12/29: What kind of players are potentially dominated?
      Players with kicker problems.
      Anyone being out of position.
      Someone playing on high limits with too little skill.

People playing on too high limits are certainly dominated, hands out of position are potentially dominated by someone acting behind them, and those who raise pairs with poor kickers are also potentially up against a pair with a better kicker. Could you clear this one up?

Edit: I found this one on the boards, and it turns out you've repeated on more than one occasion. Still, "dominated" is not a poker-only term, and as meaning outside of the kicker.

8/29: If you hold two different kinds of cards, what is the chance that you flop a pair?
      30 %.
      10 %.
      20 %.

Couldn't find this on the boards.

3/29: How do good players tend to play pre-flop?
      You should raise about two thirds of the hands you play.
      You should raise and call about the same.
      Call about two thirds, raise one third.

Relates to question 8, couldn't find this in the boards.

13/29: After dropping to this amount of chips at a table, you should definitively rebuy chips.
      About 5-10 big bets.
      About 30-40 big bets.
      Never. If you lose all of your chips at a table, you should chose a new table to play on.

I forget the article, but it says 12bb there.

That's just questions from this particular quiz, and it's a pain in the ass because I'm not sure which ones I got wrong. I probably got many of them right, but I just want this cleared up.

Edit: Ok, so I passed. Some of those questions were still confusing :p
  • 1 reply
    • Matthias Wahls
      Matthias Wahls
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LastEmuThis is in German. An easy question, but still might want to fix this.

fixed

27/29: You are Big Blind with Q8. A middle player raises, a late player calls. Your turn!
      Raise
      Call
      Fold

Q8 suited? Unsuited?

Since offsuit is more commen the convention is that a "plain" Q8 means Q8o. Nevertheless I followed your advise to add the "o".

26/29: What if you are a underdog to another hand on the flop? What kind of hand gives you better winning chances?
      Doesn't matter.
      A top pair.
      An overpair.

Huh? What are you even asking here?

An other way to put the question is "Which holding gives you better chances to overtake the leading hand?" It's a question of outs. How many outs do you have with an overpair at best?

25/29: When should you start to read poker books to improve your skills and abilities?
      As soon as possible.
      Such a highly theoretical topic should be put off for a longer time. Maybe start reading books when you get to 3/6$ or higher.
      Not until reaching the 2/4$-limits.
      The books section says to start reading CERTAIN books as soon as possible, but that others should be put off. Is this asking if we should be reading simple "Internet Hold'em" books, or Sklansky's theory?

But here our question is clear-cut. It means "When should you start to read poker books at all".

21/29: How frequently should beginners try to bluff with weak hands?
      Not at all, as the weak opponents use to call nearly everything.
      You should intersperse a bluff here and there. This way, your opponents cannot read you as easily.
      Bluffing is an important part of poker and should be used regularly.

Now, I know what the correct PLAY here would be, as a poker player with half a brain, but throughout the beginner's section the only thing said about bluffing is that it could be done after a busted draw on the river. It also says that weak opponents call everything. Which answer is the correct one?

Good point. I changed the phrases in oder to be more precise.
      But still, the article where the issue is covered most is "10 rookie mistakes".

18/29: What is an Out?
      A card that makes your hand the winner on next straight.
      Leaving a hand (folding the cards).
      Loss by timeout.

I'm assuming you meant "street" here, not "straight"

Our translaters a human afer all. ;) Fixed.

17/29: What should your raising standards look like?
      A good player raises about 15 - 20 % of his hands.
      A good player raises about 10 - 15 % of his hands.
      A good player raises about 8 - 12 % of his hands.

Couldn't find this in the forums. Has it been translated yet?

I deleted the question. Advanced stuff. The answer is 8-12 %.

12/29: What kind of players are potentially dominated?
      Players with kicker problems.
      Anyone being out of position.
      Someone playing on high limits with too little skill.

People playing on too high limits are certainly dominated, hands out of position are potentially dominated by someone acting behind them, and those who raise pairs with poor kickers are also potentially up against a pair with a better kicker. Could you clear this one up?

Edit: I found this one on the boards, and it turns out you've repeated on more than one occasion. Still, "dominated" is not a poker-only term, and as meaning outside of the kicker.

Yes, that's not clear-cut. I deleted the question.

8/29: If you hold two different kinds of cards, what is the chance that you flop a pair?
      30 %.
      10 %.
      20 %.

Couldn't find this on the boards.

Reread Flop Play. :)

3/29: How do good players tend to play pre-flop?
      You should raise about two thirds of the hands you play.
      You should raise and call about the same.
      Call about two thirds, raise one third.

Relates to question 8, couldn't find this in the boards.

I deleted this question as well. Advanced subjekt.

13/29: After dropping to this amount of chips at a table, you should definitively rebuy chips.
      About 5-10 big bets.
      About 30-40 big bets.
      Never. If you lose all of your chips at a table, you should chose a new table to play on.

I forget the article, but it says 12bb there.

Again, there was a mistake inside the answers. Now it is correct

That's just questions from this particular quiz, and it's a pain in the ass because I'm not sure which ones I got wrong. I probably got many of them right, but I just want this cleared up.

Edit: Ok, so I passed. Some of those questions were still confusing :p
      Your comments were extremley helpfull. The quiz should be much more solvable now. :)