Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($25.65) 103bb
      UTG+1 MuzzBoxx ($31.63) 127bb
      CO Feed De Fish ($44.36) 177bb
      BTN iSuperuser ($27.91) 112bb
      SB Daa_Champ1 ($25) 100bb
      BB Bazwong ($50.38) 202bb

Pre-Flop: (0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG :Ad: :Ah:
      Hero raises to $0.62, MuzzBoxx calls $0.62, Feed De Fish calls $0.62, 3 folds
      Flop: :8d: :6s: :7h: ($2.21, 3 players)

Hero bets $1.06, MuzzBoxx folds, Feed De Fish calls $1.06

Turn: :3h: ($4.33, 2)
      Hero checks, Feed De Fish bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25 River: :8c: ($8.83, 2)

Hero checks, Feed De Fish bets $6.50, Hero ???

Hey guys, any ideas on how to play this hand? villain is a TAG player 21/19 over 850 hands.
      Whats the best line here? Imo this flop hits his range pretty hard when he just flats PF(22-TT, AJs, KTs+, JTs, 98s, 87s, AJo-AQo, KQo)
      I'd figure to ch/c flop to give him a chance to bluff/semi bluff the turn. Dn't think I can value bet the turn again?
      When he bets the river I'm kinda lost. I guess it's a fold cause his bluffing range will be pretty thin by now. Don't think there are any worse hands than mine that would still value bet the river, they will most likely just check.
  • 4 replies
    • coldchurch
      coldchurch
      Bronze
      Just open 3x in this position. Bet/fold turn.
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Bronze
      If he's smart he'll know that you never x ott given your range from UTG if you previously had bet otf in 3way for 1/2 of the pot, in other words he wasn't bluffing and your line makes no sense to a opponent
    • BingoWings
      BingoWings
      Silver
      As dadramel said your cbetting into two players so unless your randomly cbetting with AK AQ on these boards your not bluffing . People tend to barrel big hands like straits and sets here so when you check you have over pairs and perhaps some weaker made hands. It doesn't make a'lot of sense for villain to turn a hand like 99 into a bluff here as you do have some weaker made hand in your range that he beats. I don't mind check calling the turn with some overpairs as'long as your mixing in some T9s and nutted hands into a check call or check raise. The river is a check fold for me though.
    • DonQuishove
      DonQuishove
      Bronze
      I have to say, I prefer the 3x raise as well. Tough spot, although I prefer the bet/fold turn against a TAG. You're still ahead of his range, he will raise some straights and some sets, you sure are behind some of his hands, which is why I'd bet and then fold to a raise but checking allows him to take control on the hand and put you in very ugly spot since your range is capped and he has WAY more strong hands than you do, your likely better hand being exactly AA.

Cheers