Jamming AKs on flop

• villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 60 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

CO (t13,324)
      Button (t40,764)
      Hero (SB) (t12,937)
      BB (t8,866)
      UTG (t2,393)
      UTG+1 (t7,532)
      MP1 (t8,940)
      MP2 (t33,138)
      MP3 (t36,091)

Hero's M: 8.98

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
      3 folds, MP2 raises to t1,314, 3 folds, Hero calls t1,014, BB calls t714

Flop: (t4,482) 6, 9, Q (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 bets t2,400, Hero raises to t11,563 (All-In), 1 fold, MP2 calls t9,163

Turn: (t27,608) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t27,608) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t27,608

My thoughts on this hand - the open raiser was big stack who liked to push a lot and just collect free chips. Why I didnt make 3bet preflop? Because the BB was TAG type player, but he was pushing a little bit wide, so at first my hopes was if I call then BB jams and I can easily call. Second reason was that the big stack was respecting every raise and if I would 3bet him then there would be a big chance that he would just fold. So if I call and hit the flop then there is a big chance that I will double up as I would play check call station and its very big chance that the big stack would be ton me with any 2 cards.
      But I didnt hit, I and BB both check and as predicted big stack cbets. As he was respecting all raises before I thought that he could only call my allin with Qx hand so I somehow decided to jam and closed my eyes that he doesnt have that queen. He actually called...

Results below:

Hero had K, A (one pair, sixes).
      MP2 had 10, J (one pair, sixes).
      Outcome: t27,608 returned to Hero

What I want to know are 2 things:
      1) If I played correct based on my reads;
      2) If this a good play vs unknown player where I would only know that he is big stack and problaly like to steal short stack chips.
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Pre-flop sounds like an easy 3bet with the intention to go broke. As played we miss the flop completely and multi way we can’t do much else then folding. We only beat a draw that he could Cbet I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      Pre-flop sounds like an easy 3bet with the intention to go broke. As played we miss the flop completely and multi way we can’t do much else then folding. We only beat a draw that he could Cbet I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Yeah but as I said he would cbet here with any 2 cards 95% of the time. Isnt it a good bluff here? I just think there is a big fold equity because he was respecting raises from others and I think he would continue with only Qx hand, I was actually suprised seeing him calling with OESD as it is bad odds for him.
    • coldchurch
      coldchurch
      Bronze
      You can do this with 6 players behind you, not with 1. :-) Poker isn't about hoping, so just 3bet preflop with this monster.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by villijmeen99
      Originally posted by SDK1987

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Yeah but as I said he would cbet here with any 2 cards 95% of the time. Isnt it a good bluff here? I just think there is a big fold equity because he was respecting raises from others and I think he would continue with only Qx hand, I was actually suprised seeing him calling with OESD as it is bad odds for him.
      Problem is that he’s cbetting in to 2 players and I don’t think he will do this with 95% of the hands he’s opened from the MP2.