Stack
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $10.00
      Hero:
      $9.60

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 5 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 3:club: , 4:spade: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.80, MP1 calls $0.80, Hero raises to $3.80, UTG2 calls $0.80 (All-In), MP1 calls $3.00.

Turn: ($10.55) 3:diamond: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $5.80 (All-In), Hero calls $5.40 (All-In), MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($21.35) 9:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $21.3

What do we think?
      I had seen the big stack play a whole range of hands and had a feeling he would call along with top pair. The all in was a bit suspicious though.
      The short stack I figured either had overcards or a higher pair so I was mostly playing against the big stack and if the shorty happened to break me that was fine.

Could I have squeezed preflop? I don't really know the situation to squeeze.
  • 6 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Fold preflop, since you dont have implied odds for set value and UTG2 might be SSS and have you beat.

Edit: Didnt notice other guy called too, so good call pf
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Im not sure about your re-raise on the flop with UTG2 leading into you and still able to take more action. Id have folded my 9s there after missing my 1-7 set chance. Playing against MP1 only there you are giving him alot of credit for being a donkey, if he cold calls you AND UTG1 with top pair or two over cards, given that one of you has to have the overpair nuts.

Id definantly have made the initiall call though, even if I put UTG1 on AA, if as you say MP1 was a maniac throwing a party.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I think preflop I do have the odds for set value against MP1.

I agree however should've folded on the flop. At least one of them must have a decent overpair.

The problem is on these limits people do such crazy things that often an over pair is so far ahead it hurts.

Today I had a crazy hand where he kept raising me I had overpair queens he had ace 7 high! Absolutely bonkers.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Hehe yeah it can get crazy. Dont diss it, enjoy it :) These people build your bank roll.

Ill bet UTG2 was cranky when you turned a river-filled book :)
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I remember one of them having some strong words to be said about the situation. I don't see why I was rather happy with that 9.

They turned out both to have overpairs btw. Thats mostly why I posted here cause I got lucky that time but wondered where I'd gone wrong.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      calling preflop is fine since mp1 is in the hand too .
      as played i would call the flop . our hand is not realy strong and we are going ai with the shortstack anyway ( witch has a better range then us) . but we want to keep in the hand mp1 with a biger stack also who may be dominated but if we raise we most likely fold all the hands we dominate
      as played given the price you get you cant fold the turn
      gl