This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] The Bubble

• LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Semi-final feeder into UB FreeMillion tournament, 77 players remain, 75 places pay 1 spot in the finals.

Blinds 3000-6000, ante 500.

Hero (with a <3 BB stack) is dealt AKs at UTG+1, UTG (approx. 10bb stack) raises 3bb. Call all-in, or wait and try to last out the 2 orbits around the table? There is one extremely low stack, at <1bb, and otherwise, I'm pretty much tied for the 2nd to low. Is this my one chance to secure a spot at the final, or is it one chance too many?
  • 2 replies
    • Faustfan
      Faustfan
      Bronze
      I wouldnt play that hand, because with 8 tables still playing there is a very high chance that 2 people drop out before you are all-in because of the blinds. You can survive at least 10 more games, maybe 20. If noone drops out, you still have the chance to survive your all-in later.

Even if you get a much worse hand later, the winning chances then, combined with the chance to limp in without playing are better than your chance to win this hand.
    • purdle
      purdle
      Basic
      depends on if you just want to last and make it to the money or progess farther. i personally call there because i don't want to just cling to life for the next couple orbits. i think it comes down to personal preference. i'll take the risk of going broke there for the chance of more than doubling up though. it's a tough spot and it would really suck to go broke in that situation, but i really do think it comes down to personal preference. my personal goal in any tournament i enter is to make the final table so i call there. if your goal is to just make the money, go ahead and fold and hold off for a couple ppl to drop.