Poker challenge, trying to beat the micros

• Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Gold
      Hi everyone, i'm new in here but i play poker for some few years. I never took it really serious, so was an eternal BE (the unique stake that i beat was NL5 in PS for 5bb/100 @ 100kh).

I always play SLAG, just because i loved to try to beat the regs. This works for me in FR NL5, but in NL10 and NL25 ending as a BE. I going to post my old graphs if i found them, there was pretty curious and funny i think.

I always love to play HU games, SnG or cash, just love it. I starting to watch the action at NL50 Zoom HU tables in Stars, and realize that the level wasn't so good, so i decided to study a little about the subject and give it a shot...
      I lost $400 in 2k hands lol. Ran extremedly bad (EV was -$120), but anyways, i just don't have the skills or knowledge to do that shot.

Anyways, now i know that i'm a novice in here, so i proposed to myself to beat all the micro levels playing 6max.

Here is my graph so far in PS (first 50kh @ NL2, rest NL5)

Have some mental weakness to fix yet, that explains the downswing at the end (wasn't just bad run).

So, i going to try to fix all that i need to establish myself as a reg in NL10 and keep studying.
      Now i starting to play in PartyPoker, so lets see what happens :f_drink:

My bankroll challenge: $300 to $1500 (reach NL25)

About me
      I'm a 22 years old guy from Argentina, i'm studying electronic engineering so haven't much free time to play or study poker, but i do my best haha.
      I play tenis once a week with my best friend and go to the gym 3-4 times a week too.
      I love dogs and good people, make this world a little better i think. I also love beer... for the same reason :f_biggrin:

Nothing else! I'm going to try to put some weekly reports in here, to keep me motivated and to show you my results.

See ya on the tables dudes! :f_drink: :f_drink:
  • 6 replies
    • Tara771
      Tara771
      Gold
      good luck to you!:f_drink: By the way I'm also 22 years old, I play nl4-10
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Mompacha,

Good start to your blog and nice graph :f_drink: Looking forward to reading future posts :f_thumbsup:

I have corrected your image link for you. Did you know that you can drag and drop a image into your blog entry instead of using a link.

Good luck at the tables and in your challenge.

Regards

Matt
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Gold
      Originally posted by Tara771
      good luck to you!:f_drink: By the way I'm also 22 years old, I play nl4-10
      Hi Tara, thank you man! I will send you a frend request. Good luck to you!:f_thumbsup:

Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hi Mompacha,

Good start to your blog and nice graph :f_drink: Looking forward to reading future posts :f_thumbsup:

I have corrected your image link for you. Did you know that you can drag and drop a image into your blog entry instead of using a link.

Good luck at the tables and in your challenge.

Regards

Matt
      Haha Thanks Matt, i was wondering how to do it. I will try to continue posting once in a while.

Regards!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mompacha,

Don't forget to update your results by Monday of each week at Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Regards

Laz
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Gold
      Hi Lazza, i'll do it next monday :f_thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How’s September treating you so far with poker?
      Further I wish you all the best with your challenge and improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987