Poker challenge, trying to beat the micros

• Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Hi everyone, i'm new in here but i play poker for some few years. I never took it really serious, so was an eternal BE (the unique stake that i beat was NL5 in PS for 5bb/100 @ 100kh).

I always play SLAG, just because i loved to try to beat the regs. This works for me in FR NL5, but in NL10 and NL25 ending as a BE. I going to post my old graphs if i found them, there was pretty curious and funny i think.

I always love to play HU games, SnG or cash, just love it. I starting to watch the action at NL50 Zoom HU tables in Stars, and realize that the level wasn't so good, so i decided to study a little about the subject and give it a shot...
      I lost $400 in 2k hands lol. Ran extremedly bad (EV was -$120), but anyways, i just don't have the skills or knowledge to do that shot.

Anyways, now i know that i'm a novice in here, so i proposed to myself to beat all the micro levels playing 6max.

Here is my graph so far in PS (first 50kh @ NL2, rest NL5)

Have some mental weakness to fix yet, that explains the downswing at the end (wasn't just bad run).

So, i going to try to fix all that i need to establish myself as a reg in NL10 and keep studying.
      Now i starting to play in PartyPoker, so lets see what happens :f_drink:

My bankroll challenge: $300 to $1500 (reach NL25)

About me
      I'm a 22 years old guy from Argentina, i'm studying electronic engineering so haven't much free time to play or study poker, but i do my best haha.
      I play tenis once a week with my best friend and go to the gym 3-4 times a week too.
      I love dogs and good people, make this world a little better i think. I also love beer... for the same reason :f_biggrin:

Nothing else! I'm going to try to put some weekly reports in here, to keep me motivated and to show you my results.

See ya on the tables dudes! :f_drink: :f_drink:
  • 12 replies
    • Tara771
      Tara771
      Diamond
      good luck to you!:f_drink: By the way I'm also 22 years old, I play nl4-10
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Mompacha,

Good start to your blog and nice graph :f_drink: Looking forward to reading future posts :f_thumbsup:

I have corrected your image link for you. Did you know that you can drag and drop a image into your blog entry instead of using a link.

Good luck at the tables and in your challenge.

Regards

Matt
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Originally posted by Tara771
      good luck to you!:f_drink: By the way I'm also 22 years old, I play nl4-10
      Hi Tara, thank you man! I will send you a frend request. Good luck to you!:f_thumbsup:

Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hi Mompacha,

Good start to your blog and nice graph :f_drink: Looking forward to reading future posts :f_thumbsup:

I have corrected your image link for you. Did you know that you can drag and drop a image into your blog entry instead of using a link.

Good luck at the tables and in your challenge.

Regards

Matt
      Haha Thanks Matt, i was wondering how to do it. I will try to continue posting once in a while.

Regards!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mompacha,

Don't forget to update your results by Monday of each week at Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Regards

Laz
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Hi Lazza, i'll do it next monday :f_thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How’s September treating you so far with poker?
      Further I wish you all the best with your challenge and improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Hi guys, long time no see you!

I wasn't play poker at all last month for many reasons, mainly college. Anyway it was a great thing, due to i realize i have to study way much more to compite on the cash tables again. That it's why i'm going to take this week to study (some preflop stuff and 3bet pots situations) and don't play at all.

Next week i'll update about how it's the challenge going. So hope to see you then :f_thumbsup:

Another great stuff, i won a $2000 package yesterday to go to Uruguay to play a WSOP event! I'm so f*cking happy haha. :f_drink: :f_drink:

See you next week!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Mompacha

Another great stuff, i won a $2000 package yesterday to go to Uruguay to play a WSOP event! I'm so f*cking happy haha. :f_drink: :f_drink:

See you next week!

Looking forward to hearing all about it :milord:
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Haha thank you Lazza! I'll updating the blog for every new i have to tell you :f_biggrin:

Next monday start grinding again! I'm really excited. Until then, i'll keep studying some preflop stuffs most of all.
      Now i'm scheduling some poker study/college study to organize me well.

See ya :banana:
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Hi guys i'm back! :f_drink:

I study some preflop stuff most of all and start with a little grind again. Today was my first session (700h). I played like 2 hours at 5-6 tables because i tried to focus in the stuff i learned and not multi table much.

Anyways, good feelings, some doubts, that it's why i love this. You never get enought learning or experiences. :f_love:

Here i bring you a hand in with i have doubts:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (MP): 271.4 BB
      CO: 94.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
      BTN: 59 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 29.23, PFR: 23.08, 3Bet Preflop: 8.70, Hands: 69)
      BB: 100.4 BB (VPIP: 22.73, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 24.71, PFR: 22.35, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 88)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 7:club: 8:club:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, BTN calls 9 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (28.4 BB, 3 players) 7:spade: 5:heart: 8:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 18 BB, fold, UTG calls 18 BB

Turn: (64.4 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (64.4 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      UTG bets 73 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 73 BB

UTG shows 9:club: 9:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Nines)
      (Pre 82%, Flop 40%, Turn 27%)
      Hero shows 7:club: 8:club: (Two Pair, Eights and Sevens)
      (Pre 18%, Flop 60%, Turn 73%)
      UTG wins 201.6 BB

-The 3Bet here is one of the stuff i learned. I never did it before with that hand in MP against EP, and to be honest, i love it. :s_biggrin:

#What do you think about the check in the turn? Here is my mainly doubt... I did it because i thought he will fold all his draws/lower pocket pairs if i bet here, and it will be a great chance to bluff-catch the river.

#OTR, i allways going to call, because he doesn't have 6s, just 66 and most of the times he probably fold OTF to my Cbet. TJ i don't really consider it because he fold it OTF too. So i think he have any Kx and most of the times just a bad bluff. Sets i blocked 7s - 8s.... 55 he probably fold PF and the KK set i discard it at all due to he would 4bet PF.
      So, the unique hand i lost to here is 99 right?

Please tell me if i'm not considering something important or if i'm assuming anything wrong.

Cheers,

Mompacha :f_drink:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      quick thoughts:
      the stack to pot ratio is awkward after the flop bet. it's probably best to end the hand quickly because there are too many action killers, so i might just bet 22 BB flop to set up ship turn.
      as played i probably still ship turn, since any bet will leave you pot commited. when you check turn you have to dodge literal dozens of action killer cards and i do not think it looks like a bluff line at all, in fact you could even be finding a valuebet with QQ.

on the river you are probably screwed, but folding is not so easy because he reps quite narrow range.
      66 will never fold flop (it has an OESD) so that should be most likely. i did not expect 99, but it makes some sense.
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Hey guys whats up!

I'm finish my university year (pretty good luckily) so know i have a lot more time to poker :f_thumbsup:

I don't play much lately bcs my exams, but a little bit, with a really great bum hunting in NL25 at party poker. :roto2:

So this is my graph after that tinny sample

(Easy to see where the shot was lol)

Anyways, i'm going to play my first WSOP tournament next month so i'll study and play really hard from now. The PF concepts are getting way much more clear now whit the study.

Next goals:
      -Play 20kh in NL5 this month
      -And if my WR is about 6+bb/100, then shot NL10 6max for the first time.

I'm really excited to play against the regs of NL10, they seems to be really tough.

I'm in "climb trough the stakes" mode right know so i don't care about my bankroll, just wanna learn and growth :sfishg:

Gl gl everyone, i'll update how the challenge goes!

Mompacha.