SSS questions (AA, history review, third elephant SN)

• arky
      arky
      Bronze
      Hi, I have read all the articles in Basic and Bronze section and I think that I have followed this strategy. Since start of using SSS, I have got like 800 full tilt points with it, but my bankroll grew only for 20 dollars (800 FTP = 6 x $5 release = 30 dollars just from bonus). This means that I am overall -10 dollars.

I was playing on titan FL (and stopped after while) and I still have some bankroll there.
      Ive got 50 dollars on FT (from another site) and now I am eligible to transfer cash from FullTilt to Titan (where I am registered as PS player) and start playing SSS on Titan. Ill probably start playing on 0.10 although my BRM would put me on at least 0.25.
      Can Istill get some rake back on titan as PS player?

So my questions:) :
      - Would it be possible for someone experienced to review my playing style from gathered history? Meaning that, I suppose that PS has some program which allows you to make a animation from history. If not I can make a video after I transfer money to Titan.
      - I believe that I am loosing a lot of money because ppl get to recognize me as SSS player and fold me my raises (if first in especially). So when I get strong hand in early positions it almost never happens that someone would call my raises. Shouldn't I play AA differently in "first in" situations, when I get a lot of "folds" to my raises? Not limping, but make a smaller raise in order to lure more players? Maybe if they will see a smaller raise, they can be trapped and go insta "all in" in order to steal my raise.
      - I have another question about elephant. I have got the licence (while playing FL I have obtained a "golden status"), but now I have a different PC. Can I regain third elephant SN somehow? And is it even "legal" using elephant on titan, since I have read terms on full tilt and there is point which forbid using any SW in order to increase knowledge about other players.. :)
      - Is a SS strategy profitable only by following bronze articles?

Thank everyone for meaningful comments in advance :) .
  • 10 replies
    • arky
      arky
      Bronze
      SN to Elephant has been solved. :) Thx to PS team for third SN :) .
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi ya arky,

First things first. Playing SSS can be very swingy with plenty of ups and downs to your bankroll especially at the lower limits. If you are unsure any any hands where you lost the most money then try posting those hands in the relevant forum where they can be assessed by the judges and other members. Link to SSS Sample Hands Review

As for your questions, i'll try to help as much as i can.

1) You can post up your statistics like vpip, pfr, etc to be reviewed but ideally you need quite a lot of hands for them to be of any realistic meaning. You could also post up a video of you playing your regular limits for reviewing as well. Link to Self Study and Management

2) You definitely shouldn't play your monster hands like AA, KK, AK any differently than you are at the moment when first in. Sometimes people fold but then there are times when people will call/re-raise with less superior hands and this is what you want. If you start dropping the size of your blind to get some action you will run the risk of allowing a player to come along for the ride cheaply and he can end up getting lucky on the flop with his crap hand.

3) Its very profitable playing basic SSS at NL10 and even NL25 but as you move up the levels there are other elements that you can add to your game that will help you to consistently improve your game and adjust to the other players in order to be able to beat the higher levels.

Sorry for the long post but i hope it helped you out.

Regards,

-Steve
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Playing SSS can be very swingy with plenty of ups and downs to your bankroll especially at the lower limits.
      Yeah, especially on the lower limits. Why then I'm 40 buyins below all-in EV on NL200/400?

:evil:
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Well i guess it can happen at the higher levels too.

***Amendment***

Playing SSS can be very swingy with plenty of ups and downs to your bankroll on all limits

:D
    • arky
      arky
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      -Steve
      Thank you for your reply.
      About the statistics, I have find out that FullTilt client don't save history by default. That is pretty sad, since I have played a lot of hands (800 FTP all on 0.10).
      I think that the best way to get reasonable review would be create video of importing moments in a long session.

Do anyone know software which would selected transform hand history to animated form? Since I have seen some of those animations here in articles it could be very helpful..

Without adjusting the basic strategy with blindsteals and re-steals I am still getting the feeling that basic SSS tends to drain you because of blinds..
      Also which hands should I complete from the SB?

THX for further replies.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Full Tilt does actually save your hand historys to your hard disk, but sometimes you have to activate it yourself.

In Full Tilt poker lobby click on Options, then Hand History and click the box that says Save my hand histories.

Then in your tracking software, i.e. Elephant, Holdem Manager etc., enter the hand history address, which is usually C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\ by default, and also enter your player alias.

As for the software that you are mentioning regards the animations, i think you are on about a hand replayer. This usually come as part of your tracking software.

When you are in late position and blinds you can open raise with 77+, AJ+ and KQ. You only re-raise with JJ+, AK.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Steve
    • arky
      arky
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply. Full tilt does save your history, but you have to check it in options first. Done now ;) .

Yeas those cards are trully open raising according to basic chart. But by "completing rom SB" I have met just limp from SB (call BB). Lets say that I have A2s on the SB. 4 limpers already. I believe that I should limp too hoping for "nut flush" or straight. But I am not doing it since it is not in basic strategy.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Sorry about that. I understand what you mean now.

This is a bronze+ chart available that was done by Leo that details what hands you can complete with in the CO/BTN/SB depending on the amount of callers.

Here's the link

Hope this helps,

Regards,

-Steve
    • arky
      arky
      Bronze
      OK, thank you. This is helpfull.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      One thing i forgot to say in the last post arky is to make sure that you fully understand the basic SSS guide and have played quite a few thousand hands with it before using the limp chart.

Regards,

-Steve