This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl400 sss JJ with double stack in steal position

• PoPoVitch
      PoPoVitch
      Bronze
      Hi
      Here is a hand in nl400 wich gives me some problem.
      You have to know that I'm new at this limit and I 've been called very light a lot of time.

--------------------
      HAND #1
      --------------------

Full Tilt, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP2: $458.10 (114.5 bb)
      MP3: $389 (97.3 bb)
      Hero (CO): $189.20 (47.3 bb)
      BTN: $400 (100 bb)
      SB: $415.50 (103.9 bb)
      BB: $80 (20 bb)
      UTG+1: $400 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $400 (100 bb)
      MP1: $1,049.55 (262.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with J
      5 folds, Hero raises to $12, BTN folds, SB raises to $40, BB folds, Hero calls $28

Flop: ($84) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($84) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $62, Hero calls $62

River: ($208) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

I did'nt do a contibet cause the flop is (I think) nice for a check/raise for vilain and i would have benn obliged to fold.
      I called turn cause like that i would be able to go to the showdown without putting more money in the pot if villain has'nt got the flush.

I think there are something wrong but i don't know how to play this hand.

Thx
      (sorry for the mistakes)
  • 10 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Im no expert but I would fold to turn bet since our implied are low with your stack and the flop looks like it hit him hard. Also you could be drawing dead against a flush and you cannot count any diamond as out for you.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      id play pocket jacks with oesd aggresively here and willingly push a reraise
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Do you got statistics of Villain PoPoVitch although I doubt this since you are ''new'' to NL400.

If not, I recommend you first to gather some database prior to your sessions.

I cannot judge your hand but I will give my view on it.
      Preflop: Ok
      Post-flop, I think you can either cb or c-bet but if you hit your straight, will you get more value out of it?

On the Turn: well you are either drawing dead, have 32% to hit your OESD and knowing that you have to throw your remaining $90 in the middle on the River.

So odds you get is $84+$149:$62
      =
      3.75:1 => 10 outs needed knowning that you have to throw it into the middle on the river and your opponent calls you.

Thus I fold Turn but I really like to know what 1) the stats of SB are and 2) if Ysessa or ingol would contibet postflop here.

- Gerv
    • PoPoVitch
      PoPoVitch
      Bronze
      stats of vilain: 23/10/2.3 on 40hands

not a lot of hands on players of nl400...
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I would bet the flop against unkown, because I think if he calls we get 2 streets for free by checking behind on turn. On the other hand if he raises our c-bet, then I think we're beaten most of the time. I also don't see him check/raising a lot on this draw heavy board as preflop aggressor...

By the way, why not 4-bet preflop with JJ?
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      co against sb easy 4bet nl400 is always aggressive enough. calling is no good option here jj flops overcards so often. his flop check looks like a trap it hits his range so hard i dont know which hands he does not cbet maybe, 99-66 but then you dont need to bet because he is drawing really thin. turn is a must call he can turn small pockets into a bluff river cb is also fine, no better hand will fold no worth call.
    • PoPoVitch
      PoPoVitch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ysessa
      turn is a must call he can turn small pockets into a bluff river cb is also fine, no better hand will fold no worth call.
      Hi what means "is a must call" can you tell with other words please :) .

For information vilain had A5o :D
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PoPoVitch
      turn is a must call he can turn small pockets into a bluff river cb is also fine, no better hand will fold no worth call.

You prob had a read on him that he was spewy.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by PoPoVitch

sorry for me german english^^ with must call i mean its way to weak to fold the turn and makes no sense to raise the turn.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      :heart: must call :P

btw push pre ;)