This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hello from Atlantic Canada

• MrKeys27
      MrKeys27
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

I'm MrKeys27 from Bathurst, NB.
      I found this site while looking for poker ressources online and find it quite useful.

I have been playing for play money for a good while now and thought it was finally time to jump in the real money games. I play the lowest limit cash games at the moment to get a feel for the basics and the concept of hand ranges. I would like to build my bankroll gradually. I also play MTTs on occasion.

I am currently reading Peter Clarke's The Grinder's Manual (I saw it recommended by someone on this site) and plan on following confidant91's webinar series for beginners.

I play on 888 and I have an account on PokerStars in which I never deposited. Is it possible to get Strategy points from the PokerStars account from the first deposit or is it too late?

Cheers and good luck at the tables!
  • 2 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi Neighbor!

(I'm in NB too! see the PokerStrategy Member Map)

Goodluck with the webinar series - I'm thinking of starting there as well for an intro to the cash games. I play SnG's, but would like to get some cash experience to improve my post-flop play.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get your pokerstars account linked after the fact, but I'll let the mods handle that answer.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello MrKeys27

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

I don’t know how experienced you are with cash games, but the new course No-Limit Beginner's Course with confidant91 [2017 edition] could be interesting for you. That's the same for our MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread I expect these 2 threads can help you a lot to improve your game.

I’m afraid you get only Strategy Points on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet and I don’t think you have used our instructions to make your PokerStars or 888Poker account, but you can still use 1 or more of our free money offers. If it you already have signed in for a room you need to read the instructions well and it can take up to 2 business days before you get the free money.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987