Hello from Atlantic Canada

• MrKeys27
      MrKeys27
      Silver
      Hey everyone,

I'm MrKeys27 from Bathurst, NB.
      I found this site while looking for poker ressources online and find it quite useful.

I have been playing for play money for a good while now and thought it was finally time to jump in the real money games. I play the lowest limit cash games at the moment to get a feel for the basics and the concept of hand ranges. I would like to build my bankroll gradually. I also play MTTs on occasion.

I am currently reading Peter Clarke's The Grinder's Manual (I saw it recommended by someone on this site) and plan on following confidant91's webinar series for beginners.

I play on 888 and I have an account on PokerStars in which I never deposited. Is it possible to get Strategy points from the PokerStars account from the first deposit or is it too late?

Cheers and good luck at the tables!
  • 2 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi Neighbor!

(I'm in NB too! see the PokerStrategy Member Map)

Goodluck with the webinar series - I'm thinking of starting there as well for an intro to the cash games. I play SnG's, but would like to get some cash experience to improve my post-flop play.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get your pokerstars account linked after the fact, but I'll let the mods handle that answer.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello MrKeys27

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

I don’t know how experienced you are with cash games, but the new course No-Limit Beginner's Course with confidant91 [2017 edition] could be interesting for you. That's the same for our MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread I expect these 2 threads can help you a lot to improve your game.

I’m afraid you get only Strategy Points on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet and I don’t think you have used our instructions to make your PokerStars or 888Poker account, but you can still use 1 or more of our free money offers. If it you already have signed in for a room you need to read the instructions well and it can take up to 2 business days before you get the free money.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987