[NL5] JJs in SB; facing weird line; Squeeze Size?

• zednik44
      zednik44
      Silver
      Somewhat odd one here. The cut off called the open raised, then jammed over my bet on the flop. I assumed he flopped a set and went mad so i stepped aside. Anyway

My questions are :
      1) How should I have sized my squeeze here? It felt small in retrospect
      2) Should I have called the CO given the stack size/pot odds? My bigger worry to be honest was MP1 who I read as being on overpair. Hate to be results oriented but it would have gotten very awkward had i stayed, with the K falling.

Really appreciate the help!

$0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.73) 95bb
      UTG+1 ($11.80) 236bb
      MP1 ($6.40) 128bb
      MP2 ($5) 100bb
      MP3 ($5.81) 116bb
      CO ($3.20) 64bb
      BTN ($5.62) 112bb
      SB Hero ($4.56) 91bb
      BB ($5.67) 113bb

Pre-Flop: (0.07, 9 players) Hero is SB :Jd: :Jh:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, CO calls $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60

Flop: :5h: :9s: :2s: ($2.30, 3 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, MP1 calls $1.65, CO goes all-in $2.45, Hero folds, MP1 calls $0.80

Turn: :Kc: ($8.85, 2), 1 all-in
      River: :Ts: ($8.85, 2), 1 all-in

Final Pot:
      $8.85
      MP1 shows a pair of Queens
      :Qc: :Qs:
      CO shows a flush, Ten high
      :6s: :3s:

CO wins $8.48 (net +$5.28)

Hero lost $2.40
      MP1 lost $3.20
  • 5 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think you should top up to 100bb and always play with 100bb stack :)
      Your squeeze is not too small. That is to 15bb and I think even 13bb would be enough.
      OTF I think calling is not an option because of the remaining stack sizes. Fold or shove.
      CO is a short stacker and looks recreational so maybe he can do this with stupid hands.

I think the problem is that 1) you don't have a full stack 2) you squeeze quite big and 3) you cbet the flop quite big on this board ... These lead to you being committed.
      You have to call only 16bb more and then you would end up in a huge pot having less than 30 bb left.
      To call profitably OTF you have to win only 10% of the time.

I think CO could have TT, Ah9h or some flush draws. And those sets ofc. But even then we have 2 outs. The more I think about this, the more it starts to look like a shove to me.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Problem on the flop is as well that the shover is raising for less than the original bet and then you can only call. If you bet half pot you don’t have this problem, but I don’t think folding flop is an option on a wet board like this.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      1) I think your squeeze size is fine. You are OOP and it's multiway so squeezing potsize is fine imo.
      2) Calling is not an option. This is a fold or shove, and because your cbet was quite large (normal is 50% pot in a multiway 3bet pot) and you didnt start with a full stack, I think this is a mandatory shove.
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Bronze
      Bet smaller otf so you don't commit the short stack as well as yourself
    • DonQuishove
      DonQuishove
      Bronze
      The size of your flop bet commits you. Betting this size and folding is definetly a mistake. The proper way to handle this situation would be to bet smaller on the flop. Then, it's more read dependent, but I'd be more likely to call and give my stack to the queens, specially if I'm playing sub 100bb. I'd say nh, reload and move on.

Considering a smaller flop bet, MP1 calls, CO shoves, then you reshove, MP1 might be folding his queens as well, considering that he beats only JJ and that there is more combos that beat him. Similar approach when you shove, since MP1 should have more combos that you beat.

Whatch out for your bet sizes to leave you some room for folding if you don't intend to snap call the shove. Here you didn't have much room.