[NL5] KJo im BB als Squeezer vs BU Caller lost value?

• DeadMensHand
      DeadMensHand
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $3.91 (78.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb) 20/10 Open UTG 18%
      MP: $4.98 (99.6 bb)
      CO: $7.98 (159.6 bb)
      BTN: $5.28 (105.6 bb)23/20

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Jd: :Kc:
      UTG raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, CO folds, BTN calls $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.77, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.62

Flop: ($1.86) :2d: :Ks: :8h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.86) :9h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

River: ($3.76) :Kd: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Entschliesse mich die Hand zu 3 betten um nicht OoP multiway zu spielen. Ich denke der squeeze vs UTG dazu noch 3 way OoP, rept ne starke Range somit kann ich auf ne 4 bet gut folden, bzw Postflop gemütlich C-Bet fold spielen falls ich nicht treffe...

Preflop:
      Villians Range Coldcalling Range
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 41.39% 36.70% 4.69% { KcJd }
      MP3 58.61% 53.93% 4.69% { JJ-77, AQs-AJs, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, AJo+, KJo+ }

Flop:
      Entscheide ich mich für Pot controll um seine Range so weit wie möglich zu halten und um mich nicht gegen alles was mich beat hat zu isolieren oder mich aus dem pot moven zu lassen.

Turn:
      Same story c/c daher

River:
      meine Hand sieht nach dem aus was es ist TT-AA u Kx von daher dachte ich ich bekomme keine Value mehr wenn ich selber bette deshalb hoffe ich er turned noch seine 8x Hände in nen Bluff um QQ JJ TT zum folden zu bringen. Dachte im speil bis 1/2 PS call ich

Board: Ks8h2d9hKd
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 34.09% 27.27% 6.82% { KcJd }
      MP3 65.91% 59.09% 6.82% { 9d9s, 9d9c, 9s9c, 8d8s, 8d8c, 8s8c, KhQh, KhJh, Td9d, Ts9s, Tc9c, 9d8d, 9s8s, 9c8c, AdKh, AsKh, AcKh, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc, KhJs, KhJc }

1. Welche Coldcalling Range gebt Ihr Villian?
      2. Würded Ihr Cbetten wenn ja warum und welche Range gebt Ihr Villian?
      3. Rivervalue verpasst?
  • 10 replies
    • TurokRider
      TurokRider
      Bronze
      I don't see why I wouldnot cbet OTF. You squeeze pre but you don't follow up while you hit toppair good kicker.

You late-cbet turn, it's a way to play but I prefer cbet flop tbh.

Than river, you hit a great card and you check ??? Don't you want value?? For him it's now unlikely you have a K so he will call you lighter.

As far as I understand your questions
      1) call range of BTN is smtg like (all) pairs, two highcards, KJs+, KQo+, some suitedconn 56, 9T, TJ
      2) yes, I would cbet flop, why not? (see above)
      3) Yes you absolutely left some value on the river
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It would be nice to post in English next time or post your hands on the German hand discussion forum next time.

Pre-flop 3betting in to 3 players seems optimistic with KJ, because I don’t think we let 3 players to fold often and if we hit top pair I would always Cbet for value.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Post removed

• DeadMensHand
      DeadMensHand
      Silver
      Thx guys for the answers! I have to appologize for the wrong language. Yeah but I didnt like to coldcall oop the hole table on board or folding, so I decited in game to squeeze. I thought coldcall Squeeze Range is way to strong bc I 3bet Oop vs. UTG (ranges above) so I decided to potcontrol
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Schönes hand.

Overcalling pre has really bad playability, reverse implieds and 4way this hand is just bad. KJo still might be a bit on the loose side tho, but with good reads on esp. UTG it's fine.
      So i like the squeeze with the blockers and high-cards for potential highpairs like here.

Furthermore on the flop i really like the check. Analyze your own range here, What other Kx do you really have here?
      If you construct your range a bit decent you will see this hand is in the bottom of your Kx range. -> making it a nice hand to put in your x/c range. (which u did :f_thumbsup: ).
      Also compare this to villains range of Kx, Does he have worse Kx where we can barrel 3 streets for value against? 0% -> Also a reason to check this board.
      Are there any draws in villains range we might be scared of? This is one of the dry-est boards possible. -> Another reason to check this flop.

Turn does change the wetness of the board significantly. It's player dependant if you want to bet here or to check again. If he's stab-happy you could check. Otherwise i would lean more towards a bet.

As played the river: Donking out here would make little to no sense. On the turn villain could've picked up alot of draws that he might barrel again. And besides our range looks rather weak after checking 3 times.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      Originally posted by TurokRider
      I don't see why I wouldnot cbet OTF. You squeeze pre but you don't follow up while you hit toppair good kicker.
      This is top pair with no kicker. Expect to win one more bet only. Exactly who does the betting doesn't matter that much, since the flop is dry. If a next bet goes in from both players, that bet favors the button.
    • DeadMensHand
      DeadMensHand
      Silver
      Originally posted by Varune
      Schönes hand.

Overcalling pre has really bad playability, reverse implieds and 4way this hand is just bad. KJo still might be a bit on the loose side tho, but with good reads on esp. UTG it's fine.
      So i like the squeeze with the blockers and high-cards for potential highpairs like here.

Furthermore on the flop i really like the check. Analyze your own range here, What other Kx do you really have here?
      If you construct your range a bit decent you will see this hand is in the bottom of your Kx range. -> making it a nice hand to put in your x/c range. (which u did :f_thumbsup: ).
      Also compare this to villains range of Kx, Does he have worse Kx where we can barrel 3 streets for value against? 0% -> Also a reason to check this board.
      Are there any draws in villains range we might be scared of? This is one of the dry-est boards possible. -> Another reason to check this flop.

Turn does change the wetness of the board significantly. It's player dependant if you want to bet here or to check again. If he's stab-happy you could check. Otherwise i would lean more towards a bet.

As played the river: Donking out here would make little to no sense. On the turn villain could've picked up alot of draws that he might barrel again. And besides our range looks rather weak after checking 3 times.
      Thx Mate nice and detailed Analysis!
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Hey.
      My view: don't 3 bet this. It's abit too loose to squeeze here unless you have some sort of read/stat on your opponent.
      As played;
      Flop: checking is fine. We don't want to be leading here often (if at all). This is because with our AA / AK hands we would want 2 streets max, and would want to try and get his weak kings / JJQQ to call.

Turn: I think leading small is optimal here. he hasn't showed any interest and double checking to most regs (if he is) usually leads into a bet. We don't want to be facing a bet bet as it would be a tricky spot.
      Also by betting small we extract value from hands like underpairs, and also protect vs Ax hands.

And as to the river, I think another small bet would be the optimal play for the same reasons as above. This also blocks him from raising or getting more value out of us if he is holding AK, making the pot easier for us to play as well as extracting the most AND losing the least if we do happen to be best.
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      ^
      If you don't even want to get 3 streets with AA/AK, there are basicly 0 hands you go 3 streets with?
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Varune
      ^
      If you don't even want to get 3 streets with AA/AK, there are basicly 0 hands you go 3 streets with?
      Semi-bluffs that can draw to the nuts, and sets. Polarised range.