• Zheelvern
      How to take a shots? I'm playing NL400 and NL600 mostly but I'm taking shots at NL1000 and NL2000. Sometimes with SSS sometimes BSS. After 45K hands I'm -$7,669.5 down and that all came from runner runners etc. Like one hand now when I had K:diamond: Q:heart: , raised to $35, had two callers (blinds), flop popped up K:club: 3:heart: Q:spade: , SB raised $140, BB folded, I reraised to $340 and he pushed all in. I called, turn came 5:spade: , river J:spade: he showed 9:spade: A:spade: .
      Same thing all the time. Few hands before I lost with AK when I flopped AKx, guy raised, i reraised, he pushed all in and I called. Turn Q, river Q, and he flipped up AQ. So boring...
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      imo this is precisely why you shouldnt "take shots" at limits outside BRM. Every bad beat seems 10 times worse than what it really is, and you feel like you lost a big chunk of your BR and prob go on tilt or get depressed.

If you take shots according to BRM then you must see that this happens and give thanks to all the fish out there.
    • Jaissica
      Further, hard as it is, rather than get upset at people who want to give their money away and get lucky, you need to screw up your guts and be HAPPY to see that kind of bad beat.

Because for every time a donkey cold calls you and catches a running flush or runners to his kicker there is another 10 times that that donkey called and paid out for someone's nuts.

Never get angry at a lucky fish that catches some fishfood. Just makes him all the fatter for feeding on later.