pokeralle
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $31,01

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:club: , K:spade:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 4 folds, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) Q:heart: , T:club: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, BU raises to $1,40, Hero calls $0,70.

Turn: ($3,75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU raises to $29,21 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $34,96

Think I played that hand really bad. Folding against his min raise, is that an option?
  • 6 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Yes, I would prob fold to his minraise. If you just call, the turn card will prob help him not you, plus you are oop.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      How much of that $29.21 action could you have given?

If you had the stack to take the lot then chasing the gutshot for 70c was the correct call (bit less than 10% chance to hit, 70c into a $3.50 pot with implied up to $29.21 gives 5x odds on your call, and you were garunteed if he hit a hand that has your KK beaten already, that he would pay a pot-sized bet to see your str). Worst case if J falls is villain holds AK and splits the str.

Not to mention you also had 2 outs to hit your K set. Against AK that would have been a complete gift and garunteed you his stack.

I think your mistake was belting the pot for $2 on the 7 turn when you knew you were behind. If you had let the villain try to trap you by checking youd have taken a free shot at that J or K and wiping them out, and if they bet, well, you dont lose that $2 and get away from a losing hand.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If hero hits his gutshot, I dont think villain is going to give him action, let alone his stack. Not to mention that if you make trips, villain could make a straight, so no action if hero hits anything imo.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Theyd have paid at least a pot bet to a gutshot hit IMO, especially a checked gutshot hit. The reraise screams 2P to me, and not many will let them go, leave alone not fire the second and third barrels at them for you to call then re-raise.

edit to rep edit - only likely hand that has you beat if you set is AJ, but true. Id still call it a value chase (that is to say, the 70c call on the turn!)

edit again - and it would be unlikely for someone to pushback at the raiser with AJ into an AQ10 flop. Too much chance you are way behind (KJ, AA, QQ, 1010, AK, AQ, A10) or splits. The re-raiser almost certainly had AQ or A10, poss AK or 1010. The villain did NOT have KJ as otherwise they would not have pushed $29 over you to kick you from their pot (obviously concerned you were drawing). Instead it would have been a measured bet to make a flush chase poor value. The villain wouldnt care about the str chase, as you are just 10% to split his str.

More edits as I think about it more :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I am also folding to the minraise here. Lets say you hit your J but if it's a :heart: what then? Hard to play, he could easily have a flush. Uh and if you hit your set, he could easily have a straight. So I prefer folding here.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i think folding here is fine . that board realy hits him hard + he isnt the guy to minraise with air . you cant draw to a gutshot because when you hit even idiots like this wont give up a full stack with top pair or 2 pairs
      + you dont even have a :heart: in your hand that might give you a back door flush draw
      easy fold
      gl