Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $5.99
      Hero:
      $2.36

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 7 folds, UTG raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.95) A:club: , 2:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.90, UTG raises to $5.09 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.46 (All-In).

Turn: ($8.50) K:club:
      River: ($8.50) 6:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $8.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Qd)
      UTG shows two pairs, aces and sixes (Ad 6d)

UTG wins with two pairs, aces and sixes (Ad 6d)

Any advice? Thank you very much.
  • 8 replies
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      push to his reraise preflop
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I agree with Gredal. Plus, by only calling his PF raise, you show weakness. So, I don't think your flop bet makes sense. The flop hasn't improved your hand and you're no longer pre-flop aggressor, so a contibet is unlikely to get villain to fold; with the ace on the board, you no longer have a made hand.

Tim
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Remember in SSS if you get rerasied preflop, you will push all in regardless of ratio with category 1 and 2 hands (AA, KK, AK, QQ, JJ).
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      ok thank you all.

so by going all in i might got the villian to fold so i take the pot?
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Firstly, yes, by going all in, villain (and other weaker hands) might fold.

As well, if you were all-in preflop, villain doesn't really get a chance to see a cheap flop.

Ultimately, your QQ vs. his A6 (if he calls) is a huge advantage preflop, almost 62% to 38%.

After you let him see his ace, you are behind 91% to 9%.

And as Tim said, you were no longer the preflop agressor, so a contibet doesnt' work here, especially when he his VP$IP 31 which puts A6s well within his range. I think it would be very hard to get him to believe that you have AQ+, or AA, give that you called instead of rereaised preflop.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      thank you very much! so i really should have have gone all in, and he might have folded so he didnt get a chance to see the flop!

When the villian re-raised me to ALL IN after the flop, i should really have folded right?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Never call with SSS, push preflop and you will never find yourself in such a position on the flop. ;)

...if you really want to know, yes, you have trash on the flop and therefore you have to fold when villain shows action. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Never call with SSS, push preflop and you will never find yourself in such a position on the flop. ;)

...if you really want to know, yes, you have trash on the flop and therefore you have to fold when villain shows action. :)
      We never call because we do not have the stack for it (=implied)

Best regards,
      Gerv