[NL2-NL10] NL10(fr) TT - cbet got raised

• amliw
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T:spade: , T:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,50, 5 folds.

Flop: ($1,25) 3:spade: , 8:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,20, MP2 raises to $2,50, Hero raises to $2,20 (All-In).

Turn: ($5,95) 3:club:
      River: ($5,95) Q:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $5,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and threes (Ts Td)
      MP2 shows two pairs, jacks and threes (Jd Jc)

MP2 wins with two pairs, jacks and threes (Jd Jc)

first mistake: after shc i shouldn´t have played that hand at all
      (and i was blinding out, one question i have here in addition is, should i play
      tighter when i´m blinding out or just play as usual?)
      second: the cbet was too high (i think if i would have betted only 0.8$ a fold would have been easier)

but was it right to call or should i have folded?
  • 9 replies
    • mbml
      i will play tighter when blinding out.
      i wouldn't have played TT from early position.
      Cbet should have been $0.80 instead of $1.20. Only bet potsize if it is in an unraised pot. And since TT is a made hand, I would push anyway. His VPIP shows that he is quite loose and he coldcalled preflop which shows that his hand may not be that strong.
    • TroubleMaker23
      well... play tighter when blinding out, and don´t play TT from UTGs xD
      as played C-bet 0.80 and push to reraise, shove Turn if u have money yet.
    • YerzY
      I think cbet pot size is not bad because of draw heavy board
    • Gafny
      You should just push instead of making a c-bet of more than ½ your stack, which is fine with TT on this board.

Please don't post results. They don't matter.
    • amliw
      k, thanks for the responses.
      i think i have to read more about post-flop play, i´m always in trouble when i have to make a decision there.
    • burek2000
      When you're waiting to be blinded out it's all up to you what ranges are you willing to play, it mostly depends on your postflop skills. If you are rather new to the game and strategy you should only play monsters which are easiest to play, KK+, you bet bet bet. :) ...after some more skills you can play EP range, JJ+/AK, which is also most of the time easy to play. When you have enough selfconfidence in your postflop skills you can easily play all the hands as described in SHC, but note, that mistakes with bigger stack get more costy. And finally, players on higher limits decide to even play looser with bigger than with normal stack, because they can outplay opponents postflop. ...sorry for bigger text block. :)

About the hand, as a beginner fold TT in early position. As played, postflop c-bet 2/3 of the pot and go broke with overpair(made hand) when villain raises you.
    • alejandrosh
      if you are unsure how to play this hand postflop I strongly suggest you to stick to SHC with increased stack or not, about how many hands to play, it's really up to you as burek said.

just to add this : when you raised preflop and flop an overpair you NEVER fold that flop.
    • amliw
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      just to add this : when you raised preflop and flop an overpair you NEVER fold that flop.
      thanks, thats an easy rule to remember.

Originally posted by burek2000
      sorry for bigger text block.

no need to be sorry for that, i´m thankful for every advice i get and the more the better.
    • Gerv
      Hi Amliw,

I can recommend both Bet/Call as you played or a direct shove, it is all about maximizing your EV :)

Best regards,