[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH JJ play, 2-barell.

• Dragar
      Known players:

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.60, BB folds, BU calls $1.10.

Flop: ($3.40) Q:diamond: , 4:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.40) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BU calls $4.00.

River: ($15.40) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of queens (Js Jc)

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of queens (Js Jc)

If the J did not come.. still ok to fire 3rd bullet on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      I think you played it well, I think there is a value bet on the river even without the J hitting against this player. He's a call station he will call you with 1010-55. With this in mind i think you can size your bets a bit better to be able to get a 2/3 pot size bet on the river to put him all in.
    • Kaitz20
      Betting turn is fine, although you can alsa c/c, since he might ebt there with float, and medium pp-s.
      Not sure if you shoudl bet more on the turn, you´re likely ahead and he would call with worse hands and he wouldn´t fold there better hand never. not sure if he would bluff with Q.
      So taking b/f line on the turn is fine.
      River valuebet is thin. Your stack is smaller than pot, not sure if he would call all-in with medium pp-s (probably not), so c/c or c/f line is likely better.
      With J I would also bet, but probably 7-8$, then he can still shove as a bluff and gets good pot odds to call you down+ if he has Q or boat he would shove anyway.