[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH AQs conti-bet going wrong

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:
      keine.

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is with A:club: , Q:club: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      b calls $0.10, a raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.10, 4 folds, a calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.45) 4:diamond: , T:heart: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Hero bets $1.50, a raises to $8.30 (All-In), Hero folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.45

How do I know when villain traps and when he doesn't. I posted another hand here where I bet out of position with K high board and it works. But in position I should check behind?

Edit:
      A = villain
      Hand converter is lousy haha. Also not sure if this was NL20 or Nl10... grrr
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      at least you won the pot :p

I think since the hand history got messed up you were limp raised then checked to on the flop. So usually i just fold to that limp raise unless he's been doing it alot.

On the flop i don't mind a check or a bet, but if we bet i think we have to double barrel on alot of turn cards if he is capable of folding QQ/JJ that is. But actually since he is a mid-stack a check is better we have some showdown value gs, overcard,bdfd and we don't want to get blown off it as was the case here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would c-bet, since you have good equity if called and can check back turn for free card, you have good fold equity and take down pot a lot of times.