This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH AQs conti-bet going wrong

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:
      keine.

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is with A:club: , Q:club: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      b calls $0.10, a raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.10, 4 folds, a calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.45) 4:diamond: , T:heart: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Hero bets $1.50, a raises to $8.30 (All-In), Hero folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.45

How do I know when villain traps and when he doesn't. I posted another hand here where I bet out of position with K high board and it works. But in position I should check behind?

Edit:
      A = villain
      Hand converter is lousy haha. Also not sure if this was NL20 or Nl10... grrr
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      at least you won the pot :p

I think since the hand history got messed up you were limp raised then checked to on the flop. So usually i just fold to that limp raise unless he's been doing it alot.

On the flop i don't mind a check or a bet, but if we bet i think we have to double barrel on alot of turn cards if he is capable of folding QQ/JJ that is. But actually since he is a mid-stack a check is better we have some showdown value gs, overcard,bdfd and we don't want to get blown off it as was the case here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would c-bet, since you have good equity if called and can check back turn for free card, you have good fold equity and take down pot a lot of times.